Community post

Discussion

Provera and getting ready for HSG test

I had my first visit with my RE last Thursday and she put me on Provera for 10 days to force AF so I can go back for the HSG test 10 days after AF comes. She also ordered base line blood work for me to have done closer to home(at my leisure because i have to do a 12 hour fast) since I live 2 hours from her office. My question is, wouldn't the Provera affect some of the lab work? She didn't say I had to have the blood work done before or to wait until after the Provera. I started taking it Friday evening. Just curious.

2 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

hi, my doctor put me on provera before I had my infertility testing. I went in on the 3rd day of my period, (that I got from the provera) and had all the testing done. I guess it doesnt affect anything. They also did a hystopingogram, it wasnt very pleasant but worth it. Nothings wrong and I hope nothing is wrong with u either:) Good luck, hope this helped alittle.

12 years ago

Thanks! That does help. :) I think I'm going to go ahead and go in to have the blood work done in the morning(I'll only have 3 days worth of Provera in my system) I'm nervous about the HSG test, especially after hearing people's horror stories but it'll be worth it to know nothing's wrong on that part. Good luck to you as well! :D

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo