Community post

Discussion

Anyone TTC after having a D&C?

View Full Post

I finally got my on Oct. 22, 2014
On Dec 23 I had my first ultrasound appointment at 12 week of pregnancy. Excited to see my baby for the first time when I got the worst news ever. The baby had no heart beat and had not lived pass 9 weeks 1 day. So many emotions ran through me. I was taken completely by surprise because there was no signs of a miscarriage. No heavy bleeding, no pain, nothing. I decided to go through with the D&C which was performed the day after Xmas. 3 days later I was in so much pain. I thought it was normal. They felt just like contractions. The next day I couldn't take the pain anymore and decided to go to the ER. They did a ultrasound to find out that I was still pregnant and that's why I was having painful contractions. They also explained that sometimes this happens and they would have to do another D&C. I did the 2nd surgery on Jan 2nd.

One question is, How long did you wait to try to conceive after having a D&C?

2 different doctors gave me 2 different answers. One said I could wait after my first period, another doctor said wait 2 months

152 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 152 Replies | Last Page

We are going to keep it a secret this time until after 12 weeks for sure. Hoping and praying we make it that far this time!

9 years ago

Wow congratulations on your so happy for you!
That gives me some hope that you didn't get your bfp until 12dpo

Venus52 - I just used one step cheap opk tests - bought a pack of 30 for cheap and they work fine.
Will try and wait a couple of days to test now

9 years ago

I didn't get my positive until 13dpo so you still definitely have a chance

9 years ago • Post starter

I had a d&c December 04/14 at 8 weeks . I conceived again rught after my first period and now Iam 5 weeks pregnant!

9 years ago

Congrats Michelle! When is your due date? Have you had a drs appt yet?

9 years ago

Congratulations on you're Michelle that's great news

I'm 11dpo today and another bfn but not giving up hope till af arrives

9 years ago

4 hours after my last post af has just arrived!
This makes it a 28 day cycle - I have always been 31-33 days. I still ovulated on cd17 like I normally do though, so means my Luteal phase has got shorter?!
Unless takes time getting back to normal after a D&C?

9 years ago

Michelle that's exciting news. Hoping you have

JMcD have you made a dr appt yet?

Caz I'm sorry hun, what was your luteal phase before the D&C?
I purchase the OPK yesterday, I only bought 4 from the dollar store. I'm always embarrassed to grab so many boxes and bring it to the counter.

9 years ago • Post starter

Yes I scheduled my first appt for 3/5 hoping we make it that far!

9 years ago

Hey there ladies! Congrats on the BFPs!

And very sorry to hear about previous losses...

Just wanted to add my 2 cents about cycles and whatnot after D&C:

I also had D&C in mid-November after discovering that one twin had basically "vanished" and the other had no heartbeat at 10 weeks. So Caz, I feel ya, six weeks of wondering, worrying what life would be like with twice the baby, then it was suddenly over. Early pregnancy was fun; it healed my corns and gave me fabulously round breasts. Now I'm also afraid to start trying again.

Anyways, Venus, my doctor said wait at least one cycle. My period came 5 weeks after the D&C (it's usually like clockwork, every 27 days) and was longer than usual. Then my DH and I started trying again. Around CD14 or 15, just when I thought we were making a child, AF started AGAIN and stayed for over a week. So yes, in my experience your cycle can be haywire and take a while to get back to normal. Now I have finally had one normal cycle, which is probably why some docs say to wait 2 months. Just my opinion! Venus, so sorry btw that you had to go into surgery twice. That must have been frustrating and painful. :((

Alright, I have about 10 days to go before I can take a pregnancy test and feel like I'm going to climb up the wall.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo