Community post

Discussion

Anyone TTC after having a D&C?

View Full Post

I finally got my on Oct. 22, 2014
On Dec 23 I had my first ultrasound appointment at 12 week of pregnancy. Excited to see my baby for the first time when I got the worst news ever. The baby had no heart beat and had not lived pass 9 weeks 1 day. So many emotions ran through me. I was taken completely by surprise because there was no signs of a miscarriage. No heavy bleeding, no pain, nothing. I decided to go through with the D&C which was performed the day after Xmas. 3 days later I was in so much pain. I thought it was normal. They felt just like contractions. The next day I couldn't take the pain anymore and decided to go to the ER. They did a ultrasound to find out that I was still pregnant and that's why I was having painful contractions. They also explained that sometimes this happens and they would have to do another D&C. I did the 2nd surgery on Jan 2nd.

One question is, How long did you wait to try to conceive after having a D&C?

2 different doctors gave me 2 different answers. One said I could wait after my first period, another doctor said wait 2 months

152 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 152 Replies | Last Page

I have been having ovulation pains on and off since yesterday but haven't had a possitive opk test yet so not sure what is going on.
I'm on cd 14 today so hopefully will get a positive opk in the next few days - think I used to get it about cd 17 but with the ovulation pains thought it might be earlier

9 years ago

Do you use any apps to keep track of cycles? I use Ptracker and it's really good I recommend it. You can change the settings to learn your average CD and it will start to predict when you should be ovulating. If your average CDs are 33 maybe you will ovulate no later than by feb 3rd. You should definitely do the deed this weekend. Keep testing and keep me posted. I'm on CD 5, my period came faster than what I excepted but I'm happy to get it over with. I wish I could try again now but I'll take the doctors advice and wait one more cycle. For now I'll keep taking my folic acid pills and maybe in a week or 2 I'll start to take some prenatal vitamins.

9 years ago • Post starter

Thanks, I haven't tried Ptracker before so will give it a go. I have had more ovulation pains today so must be going to ovulate soon.
How comes you have to wait 2 cycles to try again? The doctor said to me it makes no difference, they just tell you to wait for af after a D&C so it's easier to date. He said as long as I'm emotionally ready then it's fine.

9 years ago

I got different answers with each doctor I saw. One doctor said I didn't have to wait and another say wait 3 cycles. The last doctor said wait 2 cycles. Which I do find funny b/c she did a ultrasound and said everything was back to normal so I'm not sure why I have to wait. I think one doctor said its to avoid another miscarriage but one of my friends had a miscarriage (a few years ago) in Dec and tried again by feb, she didn't wait and now she has a daughter. Her pregnancy was completely fine the only difference is she didn't have a D&C. I don't know what to do now, I'm so tempted to just go for it.

I think as long as you feel ready there's no harm in trying as you have got you're first af.
I know people who have got there BFP after a D&C before there first af and all has been fine.

I have just got a positive opk at cd16 :) so will set my ovulation date as cd17 tomorrow. Will dtd today, tomorrow and the next day just to make sure all is covered. Last dtd on calendar day 14, wish we had yesterday now!

9 years ago

I think I will try this cycle, I think I should ovulate this Wed or Thurs. Now to see if I could get DH on the same page. He said he wanted to wait but I don't feel like waiting is going to make a difference.

this cycle I hope you get your

are you using opk tests this cycle? Did you speak to DH? what did he say about trying again this cycle

Thank you, I am now 1dpo :) and this 2 week wait is already taking forever lol.
Feel that I've given myself every chance though which is good.

9 years ago

I am currently TTC after my D&C...had my first drs apt on 10/21/14 at 7 weeks saw a baby with a healthy heartbeat measuring a few days behind. Went back 7 days later for repeat growth check ultrasound and baby had no heartbeat, I was devastated, I had no miscarriage symptoms at all. Had D&C the next day on 10/29/14 at 8 weeks. I was told to wait until after 1 period to start TTC again but after researching I decided not to wait, so my husband and I have been TTC since 2 weeks after the miscarriage with no luck. I am currently 7DPO of our 3rd cycle trying since the D&C and hoping this is our lucky money...pg test this morning negative but I'm hoping its just too early. I also have a 15 month old little boy.

9 years ago

Well I did and I didnt, I been hinting, kind of joking around with him, more than actually talking about it. He said he's not ready emotionally but I'm not sure if he was playing around or if he really isn't ready. I'll probably see what happens tonight after Super Bowl, if he tries, then I know he was only playing with me. I'm not using OPK, I have to buy some I'm solely relying on ovulation cramps. I haven't had any cramps yet I'm on CD 9 I should be ready by CD13. The whole waiting game sucks. I have to wait to ovulate then I have the 2 week wait.

JMcD88 I'm sorry for your lost. Was there a reason they were checking you only 7 days later after your first ultra sound. I remember at my 10 week apt my midwife didn't even bother checking a heartbeat all I kept hearing was "it was too early" mean while if she would have checked then I wouldn't have went another 2 weeks thinking I was pregnant.

I also see no point in waiting to ttc because you just don't know when it's going to happen. When my DH and I started TTC it was back in July and we weren't successful until October. I do hope this is your lucky month. 7dpo is early to test but check again around 11 dpo your levels should be higher by then to get a good reading.

I hoping myself that my DH doesn't decide to make me wait.

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo