Community post

Discussion

Positive OPK AFTER ovulation?!?!

View Full Post

Hi ladies!! I have a quick question for you,and maybe you can help me figure out or understand what's going. Here goes.. On CD13 I got a +opk all day and then on CD14 I got the strongest +opk all day and it was beyond dark at 10:30pm that night the dates were (Jan5th-6th) On CD14 with the huge spike in LH I had painful Ovulation pains,According to my calculations I was due to O'd on Saturday Jan7th..Now here's where it gets tricky.. 4,5,6 DPO I was still getting BFP on the OPK!!! WHY did this happen? I believe we missed our window because we were trying for a girl so the last time we BD was on Wed the 4th which I thought would be suitable considering the further away from ovulation the better your chances are for getting a girl,also I was reading that when your trying for a girl you should stop all intercourse when the OPK becomes + Which is what I did! Currently I'm a tad confused as to what CD I'm actually on let alone how my DPO. My last AF was 12/24/2011 with a 29-30 DC and I'm not 100% sure about the luteal phase. So since 8DPO to day roughly 12-13DPO I've been getting BFN on HPT. Needless to say I'm very discouraged and AF hasn't made her way yet!! Please keep in mind that the 12/13 DPO is a guess. Please help me with this!! I can't find ANYTHING on the internet about this

20 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 20 Replies

How many DPO are you now?!?! 4 days in a row is kinda odd..However Ive been reading the OPK can sometimes predict pregnancy? Not 100% sure! Yes Valentines day is our anniversary I hope and pray that on that day I can show hubby a Please keep me posted on what's going on and I'll do the same

12 years ago • Post starter

welll day 5 still strong positive on opk!!! i uploaded a pic too...this is nuts!!!! my temp keeps rising too...

ahhhh

User Image

12 years ago

Maybe your eggo is preggo?!?! HAHA!! Are you passed Ovulation or what's the deal?

you just made me laugh out loud for real...eggo...LOL

i would think im 4dpo (or 3) ....too early to test, but i may buy some dollar store ones just to play with...

omg i would love to announce a valentines baby!!! the both of us!!!!

User Image

12 years ago

HAHA!!! I thought you might have found that funny! Yes I would DEFF love to be able to announce a BFP to hubby on Valentines day!! That would be sweet :) Here's to a too both of us!

well...just for sh*ts and giggles..i did an hpt from the dollar store...

like i can expect differntly..ya know...but i was thinking what if i o'd early (i have od on cycle day 8 before) and im really like 10dpo...

i wish so hard this is the month...i shouldnt of tested cuz now seeing that first BFN...is horrific...and completely ruins your mood....im def gonna wait until atleast day 9 lol

but now since i bought like 6 dollar tests...im gonna

User Image

12 years ago

Im sorry :( But it's sooo early,just remember implantation doesn't happen until between 6-12 DPO So there is STILL hope!! I got a BFP on 10DPO with my son :) And even that is early and I kept double checking every other day with HPT just to make sure it was getting darker! My cycles are super crazy lately,I have never missed a period unless I was pregnant so every month AF arrives but my O'ing days range normally from CD14-15 and this month I began getting my surge on CD12(Yesterday) And even more super dark OPK today CD13!! So this is all to weird. Oh and by the way,the pics you posted today of your OPK someone posted that they are unreliable and I thought to myself...Hmm I wonder if that's why my surge was off the charts last month,Because I had used the same brand you posted!! So maybe those are just junk and we need to discontinue using them!?

Hey girls, based on my research your positive OPT only tells you that you're about to ovulate within the next 12-48 hours, and some women can have surges of 4-5 days and not ovulate until the next day after the surge. So it's probably best to keep BD'ing even after your positive because positive does not equal ovulation, just that ovulation is going to occur soon. Also, most women get a surge of LH before their periods, but never catch it because they're no longer testing that late. Good Luck everyone!!

11 years ago

Any updates Jenn or Scottjen?? I have had 5 days straight of positive OPKs!! I am so confused...

11 years ago

so what happen with all u ladies .. updates please .lol. i had pos opks 5 or 6 days and my temp says i ovulated as well as cm and cp .. last month the opks went neg to or 3 dpo now its 5 0r 6 dpo .. and i was on clomid and trigger shot last month , just clomid this month..any1 preggers

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo