Community post

Discussion

DH now has reservations about TTC :/

After months,weeks,days and money spent DH has decided he doesn't want to TTC!! REALLY!!! OMG. He literally has sat here and watched me spend countless hours on the computer,peeing on sticks, charting and pinpointing Ovulation. The original topic of discussion was that we would LOVE to try and have another Girl..We currently have 4 children (3 boys 1 girl.) So trying to pinpoint gender selection let alone Ovulation can be a pretty difficult task to complete. I'm beyond discouraged I'm pissed off that he actually changed his mind without even having a conversation with me about it. I thought this was a 50/50 deal and I'm now left alone with it all. The fact that I had to spend money on OPK to predict ovulation was a huge pain..Which by the way I have never needed to buy OPK but since my last child was born (he's 18 months now) My cycles and AF have been somewhat off kilter,so I figured since we wanted to try for a girl,the best way would be by OPK. Ladies I need your advice..Has this happened to anyone else? I'm thinking maybe he has some anxiety about having another child,but umm hello who DOESN'T have anxiety when it comes to TTC?!?! According to my calculations I'm due to O on the 7th (29 day cycle and 15 day luteal phase) So confused and hurt I need some support from you ladies! Thanks in advance.

5 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I hate to say it, but I may be the one who wants to back out now, not my husband... and it's actually because of all the work you pointed out, that we do. They just have to show up on the fertile days, while we work our bottoms off trying to figure out what our bodies are doing. I am beyond frustrated, and don't always feel like he is in it 100% in regards to supporting my feelings during the process, mostly because he just doesn't understand, not because he doesn't care or support me.
I was due to start AF today, no sign of her, but a BFN on a test this morning.
I am sorry you are so stressed out, but I appreciate you putting it out there, because maybe I needed to have some sort of an idea how hurt my DH would be if I just made that decision without discussing it with him
Good luck, maybe we all just need to "take a break". No charting, stressing, temping... just good old fashioned baby dancing!!

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

12 years ago

Hello, sorry to be the deal buster but I think you need to just let go and let it happen. Dh probably feels like it more of a job now then actually making love to him.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers" rel="nofollow">Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers TTC AFTER A TUBAL REVERSAL 3/2/2012 4CM RIGHT,5CM LEFT

12 years ago

this happened to me too, DH told me that after this first cycle on Clomid that he wasn't sure he wanted to keep going and that he wanted to take a break. 5 days later i got my BFP!! we are both so excited, but i think it was weird that it happened when he said he wanted to take a break :)

12 years ago

It happened to me about two months ago. I think he honestly wanted to stop because he kept seeing how upset I got when it wouldn't work out.

I thought back then that maybe he felt like it was to structured our love making, or maybe that it became to much of a hassle for him. I didn't get it at first.

Yesterday though, we were watching a movie about a boy wanting to give his daughter up for adoption and he got very upset. "I would never let (our son) give up his child because it may be impossible to have another kid in the future. Or how hard it may be on the couple who can't conceive. Or how much it hurts to never have more kids. "

I just remembered thinking, he didn't want to take a break because it was him getting tired about it but because he knew we needed it. He will always want another kid. Bet your DH does too.

User ImageUser Image User Image User Image

12 years ago

I feel for you, I went through this with my dh when we were ttc our son who is 18 months old, and we just starting trying again we have 4 children also but, all of them are boys so we'd like to have a girl.
In my dh's case he was stressed out. all the tempting, charting, ovulation talk, bd schedule etc was to much for him SOOO this time when we talked about ttc I told him, no schedules, no charting etc. I have been charting however and keeping track of my body signs but just keeping dh out of the loop. He doesn't think I know when I'm ovulating we've been just bding whenever we can :)

If you have to, just sit down and talk to him, ask him about his concerns, fears, etc ( with a non threatning voice lol) and just talk. If he's willing to ttc assure him that there won't be anymore charting, etc do everything in private and just bd like nothing is going on and if he asks about ovulation or anything just say you don't know. It might be what he needs ( not to be stressed) He may feel like it's turned in a job, or a chore when it's supposed to be fun, exciting
GL

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo