Community post

Discussion

Question about blood test levels

View Full Post

I took a hpt yesterday evening which came up positive. I went into the hospital today and they confirmed it with a blood test. My lmp was November 16th so that would put me at almost 4 weeks pregnant. My levels came up at 74 though. Is that good or bad? It has me extremely worried since I'm always high risk for a miscarriage. They gave me the rhogam and ordered blood work to be taken again on Monday but for some odd reason I can't get my mind off of being scared I'll lose this little one.

33 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 33 Replies | Last Page

Doctor says he believes this will be a normal pregnancy and I'll carry full term. Still can't completely get my hopes up though since I usually always miscarry between 6-8 weeks. Guess I'll have to take it one day at a time. He also told me if I have any problems or worry about anything to come straight to his office and he'll get me in asap. That actually helped a lot. Next appointment is January 6th and he said he'll pro do an ultrasound.

9 years ago • Post starter

That is good news. I completely understand how you feel. I would always lose the pregnancy before 5 weeks, so to be almost 7 weeks and the baby have a heartbeat is a major step for me. I go to see my new mfm tomorrow so I am super nervous. I hope we get good news. I stress myself out all the time wondering when the bleeding is going to start. It definitely isn't good for baby. The best thing both of us can do is just appreciate the fact we are pregnant. I've been getting negative comments due to me being sensitized, but I just keep being happy I'm pregnant. it would be great for you to carry to term. I'm expecting to be induced around 36-38 weeks. I'm just praying to make it to 12 weeks so we can find out if baby is rh-. I'm happy that you got good news. So when would your edd be? Mine was 8/5/14 but they pushed me back to 8/8/15 now, but I'll probably go in mid July. Good luck at your appt and please keep me posted on how you are doing.

9 years ago

Every little thing sends me rushing to the bathroom. I just having little cramps which I figure is normal but like you said I'm waiting for the bleeding to begin. My edd is 8/23/15 but I had my son a week late so this one will probably be stubborn too lol. Let me know how your appointment goes tomorrow.

Ladies please help..i did my 2nd round of ivf.my first brta was dec 4 95..then dec 6 234..then dec 15 8491..my 1st ultrasound is on monday dec 22...i am so scared about blighted ovum or no heartbeat will be found.please help me i am so scared.i have no bleeding or spotting ..i am on daily progesterone shots am and pm.

9 years ago

Just stay positive like everyone keeps telling me. As long as you have no bleeding you should be fine. Your numbers are high also so I wouldn't worry as much.

I will definitely let you know. I'm the same way. SO says I spend more time in the bathroom than anywhere else lol. I don't care tho cause I expect it to be blood.

@dorky0421: stressing is not good for you or for baby. Just try to relax. Your numbers look good. That's what matters. How many dpo were you during all these draws? Mine at 16dpo were at 280 and at 18dpo they were only 626. Not sure what they are now, but I know I'm pregnant and that's what matters. Just relax and enjoy being pregnant! Congrats!!

9 years ago

My husband told me I should live in the bathroom until I'm done worrying myself to death lol. I actually spent this morning arguing with my 4 year old about a movie and didn't think about anything else for a few hours.

@miss lady bug: dec 4 was 8 days post 5 day transfer =95
Dec 6 was 10 days post 5dt =234 then dec 15 was 19 days post 5dt =8491
I am so nervous with my ultrasound this Monday im afraid of a blighted ovum.

9 years ago

@camo: mine did too lol. I have been trying to focus on things other than this pregnancy so I won't be so nervous. I went to my mfm today. They did an ultrasound and baby measured 6w5d which what the Dr said I should be. There was a heartbeat of 125bpm. I kind freaked because it was at 129 Monday. Dr said not to worry, baby looked good. She said I have an abnormal shaped uterus, so that is probably why the early losses. She running a blood test next Friday to see if baby is rh+ or rh-. She is also checking for blood clotting disorders. We did get to keep an ultrasound picture. I'll be getting weekly monitoring from 16w until delivery if baby is rh+.

@dorky: try not to stress over it. I freak everytime I go for an ultrasound. They gave me one today and I was scared the heartbeat was gone. Nope. We were able to see it without having to go internal. We were able to hear it going internal though. I'm sure everything will work out. How far will you be when you go to get your ultrasound?

9 years ago

I'm glad to hear everything went good. I'm getting impatient for my ultrasound. It's so far away lol. My sons heartbeat would be up high sometimes then drop down the next time so i think it's normal. Fingers crossed that your little one is rh- so you won't have anything to worry about. I think you'll be delivering a healthy little one though :).

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo