Community post

Discussion

pls help!- confusing ovulation test last month.

think I've accurately worked out my cycle after coming off the mirena a couple months ago, but as yet I suppose it's still early days, so how would I go about timing sex around ovulation? I have what has been 27 day cycles, normally I used to have 28 day cycles. I seem to be ovulating (according to tests and cm) around/on cycle day 15, which is 12 days before my next period/cycle begins, which is also my luteal phase.

I have the dip test sticks to track ovulation, I test twice a day to be sure I don't miss a surge, about a week before ovulation and a few days after I feel the day may have lapsed just to be sure. I test roughly at 10.30am and 6.30pm each day but not relgiously at these times. One thing that concerned me was that I was testing for ages last month (a week before) and no line appeared for ages which obviously meant no surge, then a faint line a appeared a couple days before ovulation, although I know this is still a neg result. I then tested on my 15th cycle day, which is 12 days before my next period , and it was positive, this was about 6.30pm, (I tested 10.30am the same day and it was neg), but then the next day at 10.30am the opk test was neg again. does this mean I had already ovulated after 10.30am that day but before 10.30am the next day? Because if I hadn't, wouldn't it have still detected a surge the next 'am if ovulation hadn't yet occured.

1 Reply • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

What tests are using? The LH hormone causes your egg to burst out of your tubes usually 24 to 36 hrs after the surge, so I am pretty sure that you ovulated. You don't need a positive result in the morning to prove that you ovulated. This cycle I used clearblue digital ovulation sticks and i am very happy with them. You don't look for lines, instead it shows a smiley face when you have your surge. I had my positive test in the morning and the next morning it was negative. I do chart my BBT, so I confurmed my ovulation when my BBT rised not the next day but the day after. So to be clear: YOu get a positive opk one day, your ovulation is on the next. When your temperature rises this confirms that you already ovulated the previous day.
I hope this helps!

User Image User Image IUI # 1 JAN 3rd, 2012 IUI # 2 Jan 31st, 2012 IUI# 3 Nov 20th, 2012 femara + HCG trigger hot I folicle - 21mm, uterus lining 8.3 mm Moving on!!! IVF # 1 in progress

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo