Community post

Journal

disappointing start to 2012

Just an update, my period arrived on new years day- what a disappointment and curse to the new year! So, I can officailly say that at the moment I am not pregannt. so me and my oh were'nt so lucky to conceive last month. I have to say though, how quickly my body has returned to normal after my mirena removal four weeks ago, I had what my gp said was a withdrawal bleed straight after it was removed and now, exactly four weeks (minus it being all but a day early), my period arrived! So I am assuming it wasn't a withdrawal bleed and my gp was wrong, I do know my body alot better! And how strange for me to experience what I now know to have been pms and not pregnancy symptoms, something which is rare for me?! That has caught me off guard a bit and thrown me slightly off balance.

So we will contiue ttc, and hopefully this month we may be lucky enough to get our little miracle and late xmas present?! I am managing to track my cycle accurately and have pinpointed my ovulation day, so with a bit of luck......

We figured we may have been both too early and maybe just a little too late to conceive last month, as my oh works away alot, it makes it difficult to be able to achieve it when times would be exactly right. I think we managed to do so about four and five days before I ovulated and the positive ovulation test and about two days afterwards.So fingers crossed this month he will be around in time to catch it.

I know I must relax, and although I feel like I am relaxing, I know I have stresses and strains from work ect.. and just trying to conceive can be stressful as you're always hoping and waiting. I am prob stressing and flapping more than is needed, but I can't help thinking last months failure could be down to me and my battle with endometriosis, I had a patch removed july last year but was told it would more likely to come back in 18 months even with the mirena coil, so I'm assuming now I've had it removed it will possibly return sooner. But I still and can't help thinking I'm the one still to blame for the disapoointment, as because lets face it, if I didn't have the endo problem then we wouldn't be considering babies this soon anyway. I reallt want it so much though, even more so now I know time isn't on my side. I am beginning to become a little obsessed I think?

0 Comments • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo