Community post

Discussion

Introduction & TWW (Currently 10 DPO)

View Full Post

Good afternoon everyone!! So glad I found this wonderful website - what a great resource!

My wife & I are TTC our first child, and are using donor sperm from a cryobank. We had our first IUI on 7/11/16 and are currently 10 DPO. I took a FRER yesterday and today and both were negative, but we're still hopeful. Here are some of my symptoms:

O: Had IUI at clinic. Everything went well. Only mild cramping during procedure.

1 DPO: Diarrhea 1st thing in the the AM and burpy all day. Nothing else out of the ordinary.

2 DPO: Boobs hurt towards my arm pits/back when I take deep breaths. Nothing bad. Pretty much went away by the end of the day.

3 DPO: Quick tinge of nausea when eating breakfast. Nothing else out of ordinary.

4 DPO: Slightly nauseous around 8AM at work in the morning. Ate breakfast before that. Not a completely unusual thing for me. Deep pain in boobs returned, sort of radiating throughout.

5 DPO: Boob pain never left. Almost a burning sensation. A bit crampy at 3PM when I laid down (on my stomach) for a nap. Some watery CM but nothing major.

6 DPO: Mild but noticeable cramps and also back pain. Had diarrhea after lunch. Boobs still sore throughout the day, off and on. Very tired after lunch, but I'm cutting back on caffine, so that could be why. Got a sore throat.

7 DPO: Woke up with diarrhea again. Mild lower abdominal cramping throughout the morning and sore boobs still off and on all day. Also when I press on my uterus area ever so slightly, it's a bit tender. Sore throat still here. Symptoms continued all day.

8 DPO: - HPT (cheapie) with FMU. Boobs sore in general and to the touch. Lower abdomen still tender to touch. Had a pretty significant cramp on my lower right side this evening during my bath.

9 DPO: BFN with FRER with FMU. Mild symptoms but boobs still sore and lower right cramp never went away.

10 DPO: BFN with FRER with FMU. Peed a LOT during the night (but I drink a lot). Bleeding gums when I brushed my teeth (which was weird). Dull cramp still on lower right side, never went away.

So what do you guys think? Hoping this is not all in my head & we're on our way to a !!

Happy Same-Sex Couple married Oct 2015 Currently TTC our first child

56 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 56 Replies | Last Page

Hey, we're almost in sync!! I had a +ve OPK yesterday so am assuming ovulation is today, woohoo!

I have been really down the last few days, maybe I thought I wasn't going to get a positive OPK. So GLAD I did, albeit on CD18, it's cheered me up.

I have started temping but it's awkward for me as I work shifts. My temps are all over the place so far and I've missed a few days because I forgot, I've been very scatty this month. Do you take your BBT? I don't check CM as I don't feel like I know what I'm doing but it's probably easy - do you?

Are you going to test this month? I will probably do a FRER or similar at 10dpo. After that it depends on how crazy am at the time!!

Fingers crossed for all of us :-) baby dust! x

Stepmum to 5 yr old, TTC after two consecutive miscarriages, hopefully 3rd time lucky!

7 years ago

good luck for your first TTC child

7 years ago

RamonTalbot Thank you!!!

Ajcormac how cool! I actually ovulated late last month, too, on CD 18. I actually started temping this month, too! Started around CD 4 or 5 when the thermometer came in. I've forgotten a few days, too. Like today, LOL.

I do check CM for ovulation but it's usually pretty obvious with me. I get EWCM the day before my positive OPK, always. And then for about 2-3 days total.

I'm sure I'll end up testing. Will try to hold off until as late as I can but it'll probably end up being around the same time you mentioned, Ha. I'm so impatient!!!

7 years ago • Post starter

Tick tock, tick tock.... I'm about 8 dpo now. Will probably test tomorrow but know I shouldn't!!

I dont have any symptoms apart from being suddenly very spotty, which I'm not used to.

I've been temping and definitely see a trend of higher temps after my OPK. I'm on nights now so it will get messed up but can't be avoided.

I am trying not to stress. My boyfriend found out today that he should have been advised to not try to impregnate me after the antibiotics he was on a few months ago. So it's good news we didn't conceive back then! Keep thinking.... everything happens for a reason.... Calm calm etc

Hope you're feeling strong as we hurtle towards the BFN/BFP rollercoaster x

Stepmum to 5 yr old, TTC after two consecutive miscarriages, hopefully 3rd time lucky!

7 years ago

Spotting is a good sign!! I didn't have that with any of my negative cycles. Hopefully it's implantation!

I broke down and tested yesterday & again this morning (9 & 10) with FRER, BFN so far.

Temping for me has come to a stop because one of my dogs chewed up my thermometer, LOL.

That is good news that you didn't conceive then!! Perhaps the antibiotics could have also PREVENTED conceiving?

Good luck to you!!!

Well I am 11 DPO today and am still getting a BFN. I'm pretty sure it's real and I'm not getting my BFP this round. I had cycle day 21 labs drawn and my progesterone is low (5.5). It should be higher than 10. I'm going to be going on 50mg of clomid next cycle, skipping TRYING that cycle, and retesting on cycle day 21 to see if my levels are higher before trying again.

Oh gosh! I haven't read much about Clomid but hopefully it's a step in the right direction for you both. Sorry to hear you won't be trying next month but it might be relaxing to have a little break from that TWW.

I am not spotting but have spots on my face! Haha!! It's probably a premenstrual sign as I don't feel pregnant at all. Like I'm trying to lower my expectations by giving up a bit.

The NHS don't do progesterone testing so I've never even given it any thought. I might look into getting his sperm tested like you suggested, but it seems so strange that I got pregnant so fast the last two time.

My temps are still rising which I suppose is a good. BFN this morning but I'm only 9DPO and my urine was very diluted. I still have some hope obviously!

On a more happy note...what kind of dogs do you have? I got a rescue dog 2 weeks ago. He's gorgeous, Rottweiler cross Staffordshire bull terrier. He's very handsome and soooo patient with my stepson. Love him to bits! xx

7 years ago

Hahaha, I thought you meant that you were spotting!!

The number wasn't terrible in that I'm still ovulation on my own, it's just not a strong ovulation. I'm glad she had me test and not keep trying if it's not going to work!!

I'm sad we have to take a break but I definitely understand - it's about $1000 out of pocket each try so I want to make sure that everything is good and we aren't throwing away money!

Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling like you're pregnant, either! I had another BFN today and I think I'm going to stop testing (at least with frer) until AF shows. I'm certain I'm not pregnant.

Well it's official - I'm out this month! Skipping Oct. like I said, so I'm counting on November on clomid being our month!!

I'm finally out too. My cycle was 34 days this time, arghh! I feel like a break would be good for me as well, but I'm sure I'll change my tune by the time my fertile time comes.

Enjoy your month off, I hope it relaxes you both, rather than makes you impatient!

Our time will come x

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo