Community post

Discussion

3DPO

View Full Post

I'm currently 3DPO and absolutely hate the TWW! Was just wondering if there was anyone out there going through the same thing.

1111 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

511 - 520 of 1111 Replies | Last Page

Hi Guys!!

Bride...I don't know what to think about your testing. I had a batch of tests from dollar tree with bad evaps last month!!! BUT...you have had metal mouth for a while and that was a symptom last time so I think maybe you are and the test from yesterday was just not as sensitive!!! As Lily always says...you can have tests from the same box even be varied in sensitivity!!! Keep your chin up honey!!!

Fluff!!! I am right there with you on the doc thng!! I think it is a great idea for us both!! I mean why not!! If nothing else, it will put our mind at ease and maybe destress us a bit for a while!!! I checked out a book from the library yesterday that said stressing about conceiving can put off the process for YEARS!!!! So I am vowing to be less crazy from now on!!! I have been doing ok the last two months but dh and I haven't been bding enough those months...since he was sick and we were both kindof tired!!

BUT next month it is on!!! As dh said, it's time to get serious!!! LOL :)

LHEN!! I am having great thoughts for you!! It sounds so promising!!! I just know this is your month!!!!

As for me...I tested today at 10 dpo and it was a BFN!!! That was with FMU on an FRER so I don't think this is my month!!! But I tell you...after all this ttc stuff, I would have been able to put my baby through college with the amount I have spend on tests!!! RIDICULOUS...but worth it!! :)

Lily...hows our baby??

12 years ago

Bride, hmm so another line... interesting... its possible the one test that was negative was not senstive enough or it was a dud...I hope those test are right!!

Lhen, that is a good sign your still having those symptoms, pulling for you lady!

Lizzy, its possible that I have stressed out more than I normally do... I really hope that isnt a cause of why I am not pregnant yet... but I guess it really is time to see a doctor atleast get a few beginner test or something out of the way... I would really love for my mind to be at ease...but at the same time it can be scary too.. haha yes next month/cycle get more serious ;)
Well hang in there your not out until the fat lady sings? lol 10DPO can still be to early even with a FRER you know...so you never know!

My husbands company is working at the hosptial for next few months and well he is back having to work late night shift again... this week he has been having to work around the baby wing... so he tells me he has been seeing all the babies pass by him... and the nurses like my husband and know he likes to see them so they give him heads up when babies are passing lol!!

CD2 boo but atleast on the way towards a new chance.... and tonight I am having dinner with my friend so that will help get my mind off my nagging AF lol

12 years ago

Lizzy, AMEN!!! I was just about to post my old "varying sensitivity" bit to Bride, but I see you've paid attention to my preachin'!! 10DPO can still be too early for a BFP. You've had some promising signs.

Bride, I saw your line and it was pink. Evaps are gray or shadowy. Hang in there. Metal mouth is almost always a positive sign. I'm praying for you and your husband.

Fluff, I know you are having a tough time right now. Just know I'm thinking about you and praying for you, my friend. In all of your disappointments and waiting and frustration, you still cling steadfast to the Lord! God will honor that. You are an inspiration and a Godly example to us all!

Vegas, welcome, welcome, welcome! I love these ladies, and they are amazing women! I am so grateful God put each and every one of them in my life! Tests are a great idea. I hope it puts your mind at ease.

Lhen, I'm a lookin' at your symptoms and I'm a likin'!!! And you sound like you are in a good place right now and have a great attitude!!!

12 years ago • Post starter

The one thing I can say about scheduling the tests is that I feel like its the ONE proactive, non-obsessive thing I can do during the TWW. I have no patience, zero. So waiting to test is so difficult for me. And it wasn't until I read your stories that I saw how long it sometimes takes to get a positive. I can't do any testing until AF shows again so I'll have a down time followed by testing which I'm thinking will put my mind at ease. Following testing, they'll let me try Clomid. Anyone heard you have an increased chance of girl's with Clomid?

I thought it would be easier...you see and hear about so many people getting pregnant without trying, sometimes when they don't even want a baby and yet here we sit, trying everything under the sun and waiting. It's so frustrating. And I swear, if one more person tells me to stop stressing out about it and it will happen!!!!!!!!! Grrrr...

And also, I warned you guys I wasn't down with the lingo...what are the blue dye tests?

You guys have tremendous strength to go through all this and keep such positive attitudes...you're an inspiration to me. all around!

12 years ago

Oh, and Fluff...I know it can be scary to do the tests, but I feel like, maybe there's something so simple that's messed up with my system that can be quickly fixed and I can be back on the road to pregnancy...I think knowledge is power. Then at least you know what you're dealing with and you can move forward. And if you're perfectly healthy, then you know that as well, and will find some relief.

Just a thought...

12 years ago

Movegas, I'll try to help 'ya with the lingo! The blue dye tests are any pregnancy test that shows the results whether two lines or plus/minus signs in "blue". These tests are known for giving off invalid results and for making evaporation lines that look SO very positive when in fact, they are not. These tests will crush your spirit faster than anything else. You can go look at my HPT images on my page and see what I mean. Most of us will only trust the pink dye tests that give the results in pink.

Okay, no on with the lingo...hope this helps!

HPT = home pregnancy test
BFP = Big Fat Positive!
BFN = Big Fat Negative
AF = Aunt Flo/your period
B'D or BD'ing = Baby Dance/having sex
FMU = first morning urine
O'd = ovulated
DPO = days past ovulation, so when you see 5dpo it means 5 days past ovulation, etc
CD = Cycle Day so when you see CD12 it means cycle day 12, etc
TWW = two week wait
TTC = trying to conceive
Digi = digital test

If I've forgotten any, I'm sure one of the other gals will chime in!

12 years ago

That list looks pretty complete!!! Well ladies another BFN today on FMU FRER. I am 11 dpo and it doesn't look good. I know I am not out til AF shows but I think I am already getting some pre AF crampage. Blech...I am glad I went ahead and scheduled an appointment with the doctor...it will ease my mind.

How is everyone else today...BRIDE...any luck???

12 years ago

Lizzy, I feel 'ya! I got a bfn again this morning with FMU too using an Answer Early Results test. I really think I'm out this month. Boo. I haven't had any AF symptoms and still have metal mouth...annoying.

12 years ago

MoVegas, I have not heard that about clomid but who knows? I honestly just believe its up to the parents gene's ya know what I mean lol
I know I think we all came in to the TTC journey blinded by the fact that it would happen right away... atleast I did... but now I understand that is not the case.
When we first started trying I had high hopes, because that same month my SIL got pregnant with out trying and wasn't trying... a friend of mine got pregnant on BCP (birth control pills) and so I didn't really know any one that had tried along time, I knew a few but knew little details etc... so it was tough those first few months and then well after that I became depressed...and then more months down the road I just figured it wasn't going to happen... and even now that its been 9months I am more hopeful than I had been and I really just am hanging in there trying to be patient (not always easy) and yes some days are still very hard...but we desire this and I think God will bless us in His perfect timing...

Lizzy, I am sorry you got a BFN today, but its good you made your appointment.

Bride, I am so sorry you had a BFN this morning...and your still having metal mouth how weird... but hang in there okay!

Yesterday I called my Gyno and tried to set up an appointment to get my lady parts checked out, but the lady schduling the appointments told me the doctor would want me to come in for my yearly exam and discuss things... I really would like to get test done that day too though... but I have an appointment for April 16th which seems far away... and it will be towards the end of my cycle...so I don't know what they can do...

12 years ago

I cramping so badly I think af could start any
Moment even tho she isn't due until Sunday!!! In addition, I ran out of tests and have decided to not buy more...unless I'm late...but with these cramps I dontt think that will happen!!! They are low, vaginal cramps that HURT!!! Pressure cramps...they are weird and they suk!!!! Boo......

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo