Community post

Discussion

2nd miscarriage in a row, anybody been through this?

well I miscarried April 2013 at 6 weeks and now I find myself sitting here in the hospital letting you all know I'm miscarrying again at 4w5d. I'm devastated and wish this really wasnt happening to me. All I want is a healthy strong baby.

I heard it was uncommon about miscarrying two times in a row has anyone been through this? I feel like I could have done something to prevent it but doctors say anything could cause it.

It took me 3 years to get pregnant with my first and another year and a half to get pregnant with this one. As soon as my levels return back to normal I will continue to try.

Baby dust to everyone! Xo

7 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

I had back to back miscarriages with the second one being early just like this. I fell pregnant when I ovulated two weeks later and had a baby girl. I'm sorry you are going through this. You are not without hope.

9 years ago

Thank you I still have hope and will never give up. I'm nervous about trying again because I don't want it to happen for a third time. I hope to conceive again quickly.

9 years ago • Post starter

Hi Ashley- I'm so sorry. I've been there- and for lack of any right thing to say, this just sucks:(
I've also had 2 mc- both at 11 weeks. After the second- my doc sent me to a reproductive endocrinologist for a workup of possible reasons... Hopefully you can do the same and get some answers to prevent any more.
After all the testing, it was have been my thyroid being a little off. Now that it's fixed, hopefully that will be the last mc!
If you want to vent- message me. IM sure I can relate to anything you are feeling.

9 years ago

This happened to me in 2011. I had a mc at 4 1/2 weeks then another at 8 weeks. But I then went on to have my lovely daughter. I've just miscarried again at 11 weeks. Praying I never have to go through it again. I hope this goes for you too. Sending you lots of baby dust xxx

9 years ago

Hi dear,

I have had two miscarriages in the last year, one at 8 weeks and one at 6. I understand everything you're feeling but please know that it is not your fault. You'll get there.

Babydust!

Kim

9 years ago

you're not alone, ive just lost number 11 at 12+3wks. usually my losses are around 5 weeks but this was a blighted ovum so we knew since 10+2 that we would lose this one too. I am so greatful for the 2 children we have (age 9 pregnancy number 4) and (age 2 pregnancy number 9). you'll get there when the time is right. the main reason for a loss is if there is something wrong with the baby so try and look at it like we do.... we have 2 healthy children and the ones we lost are having a better deal of not being born if they would of been poorly and had a low quality life, theyre all up there being guardians for our born babies. xxx

9 years ago

Had an unplanned pregnancy fall of 2012. But at my 10w ultrasound I found out the baby looked 5w at 10w. I had a D&C (in Dec. '12) because I still felt pregnant (sick, etc.) though there was no heartbeat :-(

Since then we have had two more losses around the same mark. The last one was the hardest because we finally had a heartbeat. I had a miscarriage a week later.

They have done testing and could find nothing wrong. I was told to try baby aspirin and progesterone if we get pregnant again.

Good luck!

User Image

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo