Community post

Discussion

bleeding, maybe miscarriage but hcg levels rising?

Ok so saturday went to hospital because I was 4w5d for spotting then turned to heavy bleeding for one day with a big clot sorry tmi and bleeding subsided but still supporting today a little.

On Saturday beta was 65 went for bloodwork yesterday and just received news that level is at 162, rising.

I'm a little confused at what's going on .. thought I was miscarrying but levels still going up but still low for 5w2d I would be today if not miscarrying.

Has this happened to anyone?? Please help!

5 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

When I was pregnant with both of my children I had some bleeding in early pregnancy. With my son (2nd child) I had two clots and also went to the er. They told me they couldn't find a heartbeat on the ultrasound but it was still so early that it would be hard to find. I was told that I may be miscarrying but to go home and rest. The bleeding turned to spotting and stopped a couple days later. I went to the ob a week later and saw the precious little heart beating away on their us. That was the scare of my life, I thought sure that a clot meant it was over. I had a very sweet nurse at the er tell me that it is possible to pass a clot or two and it not be a miscarriage. I never had any cramping though and she said that is a bigger sign than the bleeding. Rest up, drink lots of water and try not to stress. (Easier said than done I know). Do you have an appt to go back to the doctor? Good luck to you and your little bean! You are both in my prayers!

9 years ago

I have to go back for more blood work tomorrow morning. Hoping they doubled again. I've Been waiting so long for a baby and hoping that it sticks! The dr at the er said I was most likely miscarrying but now my ob says she doesn't think that's the case. Guess we'll wait and see what my levels will be at when they call me thurs with results, I'll keep you updated and thank you you kind of put my mind at ease. Just trying not to get my hopes up to much. Should I continue taking prenatal?

9 years ago • Post starter

That sounds exactly what had happened to me. doctors told me to go home and miscarry because I was so early. A week later they discovered by levels had risen. Although I do not wish to scare you by any means, but that pregnancy was ectopic. Do not avoid or blow off symptoms. Good Luck to You.

9 years ago

At 5 weeks I started bleeding heavily, I had clots the size of my fist and they looked like liver. I was told that I was miscarrying till I had an ultrasound which confirmed I had a Subchorionic hematoma. It can bleed out or be absorbed during the pregnancy and may or may not cause complications. The best way to tell the difference between bleeding and pregnancy loss yourself is to dissolve your blood clots in warm water. If they dissolve, no matter how solid they seem, then it may be a hematoma. If there is any kind of white tissue in the clot, you will know when you see it, then that is pregnancy loss. Ask for a scan to see if there is a hematoma, knowing that was what my bleeding was better. Stay positive and don't give up, I know how hard it is and how slowly time passes when you are waiting for news. Try distracting yourself as much as possible. I had to limit my crazy googling and forum trawling in the end because it was doing my head in. Wishing you luck and baby dust XOX

9 years ago

I don't think it would be ectopic. The bleeding was for 3 days then turned to Brown spotting and hcg levels are doubling like they should be. I go for ultrasound on Wednesday I'll be 6w2d

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo