Community post

Discussion

6 months after loss and NOTHING!

my husband and I had a stillborn daughter 6months ago. We started trying again a month later. Not to replace the daughter we lost, but to reach our goals of being parents. Every month my period comes feels like a slap in the face. It feels like a loss over and over again. When we lost our daughter everyone kept telling me that pregnancy would come quick now that my body knows what to do. I take my temp everyday and chart, still nothing! Has it taken anyone else this long to get pregnant again after a loss?

12 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 12 Replies | Last Page

Aww honey I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm kinda in the same boat. I had a missed miscarriage in April. It's been 6 cycles and NOTHING too. I temp, do opks, take SI and EPO - I'm like a mad scientist.

I'm sorry but I dont have any advice for you other then see a doctor.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersNotes:

12 years ago

Haha, I know me too! I kind of drive my husband crazy! This morning I started my AF 4days early! Grrrr! Back to the drawing bored! This next month I'm thinking of trying presseed and an ovulation predictor kit. Have you used one? If so any advise? I'm sorry for your loss too, I lost my daughter in April as well. It's so hard! Well, baby dust to you. Take care of yourself and thanks for reaching out :)

12 years ago • Post starter

My last pregnancy was last November, and it ended in early miscarriage. i think a lot of it has to do with that we have been through a lot of stress since then and have found out some new things. In March we went to an RE and found out that I have APS. My medicines have been changing and we are just getting back into the swing of it after a summer break.
I am starting back with temping. We decided to use preseed.
I am the girl that used to be able to get pregnant 3 months after each miscarriage. So this is a bit new to me. I say just talk to your doctor about it. If you dont like that answer, get a second opinion.

Stacy TTC Since Aug 2008 5babies "We KEEP MOVING FORWARD, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious, and curiosity leads us down new paths" ~ Walt Disney href="http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com">[/url]

12 years ago

I am so sorry for all you've been through! I decided to call my midwives and we are in the process of figuring things out. I had blood drawn today to test my iron an thyroid as I almost fainted due to my AF yesterday. She is wondering if maybe I only ovulate every other month. I'm going to start using the OPK to better track. I'm just glad to be getting the help so I can get to the bottom of this and finally have my baby!

I used the Walgreens OPKs and then broke down and bought the IC OPKs. They all work the same to me.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersNotes:

12 years ago

Don't feel too bad....I"m going a year after my MC and still nothing : (

12 years ago

I am so sorry to hear that. Have you seen a doctor?

So I am not in the exact same boat (See my timeline below) but I could give you some advice on OPKs and preseed. I have used OPKs since day one of TTC. I use the internet cheapo ones and got the digital ones to use on the surge day to confirm that I did have the LH surge. They have worked really well for me. We also started preseed the first month we got PG, July 2011. So I would recommend both OPKs and Preseed! I wish you lots of luck!

TTC#1 Since 4/2010

1st clomid 6/26/2011
1st BFP 7/16/2011
Natural M/C 7/25/2011
2nd clomid 9/25/2011
2nd BFP 10/20/2011
Natural M/C 10/29/2011

User ImageUser ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image

12 years ago

I am so sorry to hear about you MCs. And thank you for the advice. I didn't end up buying the presseed as I read in reviews that it wasn't worth it. I might end up buying it anyway. I've just had such mixed reviews about it I wasn't sure I wanted to waste the money, although it would be worth every penny and then Some if it worked! I did get pregnant once without it and the midwives seem to think if it can happen once it will happen again. So we will see. Xo good luck to you in your TTC journey.

Hi SweetAugustine and to all who have replied a big hello as well

First of all, SweetAugustine, I'm very sorry for your loss.

I'm just jumping into this conversation. I'm new to countdown - have been on TTC for the past 15 cycles. Here is a little info about my TTC roller coaster story. It's been a year since my last BFP which ended in an early natural mc that took 50 horrible days to complete. Just when I thought it was over, it started again and went on and on like that. I thought it was never going to end. Took a toll on my body.

When I started having extreme pain for several months, my gyn thought I was being silly, gave me prescription ibuprofen, told me that at my age my chances of getting pg are only at 20% and to go off and think about other things. So, I switched gyns. I have prescriptions for day 3 blood test and pelvic ultrasound. Was really hoping not to need these tests but Little Red Riding Hood ended up coming for a very unwelcome visit this morning...

I think that when people say that your body knows what it's doing now is an old wives' tale. Also, when Western docs say that around 3 months should be ok to start TTCing again are full of bull. Chinese medicine advises that we should wait to TTC after one year. Following my experience this past year, I think there is some wise truth in that. That's just my 2 cents.

Lots of and to everyone!

Me: American expat living in France (NOT in Paris) 36 + My Frenchie: 30 + 2 rescue black lab mixes + 1 TTC roller coaster #1 for almost 2 years Natural m/c (blighted ovum) Dec 17, 2010+Feb 2011 = 50 torturous days. xtreme pain week before & week of AF followed. Docs found nothing wrong. Was prescribed some ibuprofen for painful AF and that was that. 5 months' pain later = acupuncture but no herbs in France so found clinic in London. Pain is gone and back to normal pms. Switched docs & waiting 2 do fertility tests. Back on TTC wagon since Aug 2011 User Image

12 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo