Community post

Discussion

ANYONE TTC TWINS ?

View Full Post

Hi ladies
I am 41 dh is 40 we have been together 20 years have 6 children aged 19,17, 13, 9, 7 and 5. We have 4 angel babies and we are ttc for the last time
Would really love twins
Anyone else ttc twins ? I obviously know how much work is involved I have plenty of experience in hard work and I know the risks involved in a twin pregnancy (I already have a twin angel baby)
I am only taking natural supplements no clomid or fertility aids as I have no history of fertility problems .
Any advice or a ttc buddy appreciated

110 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 110 Replies | Last Page

Hi Disney mama welcome
I have been trying soy isoflavones taken like clomid cd2-6 I took 200mg for the 4 days also cassava supplements and extra folic acid
Let us know how you get on :-)

8 years ago • Post starter

mummy- any updates?

Wife, nurse, & mom to 12 yo and 4 yo, & TTC #3 since 12/2014.

8 years ago

Hi jku how u feeling ?
I'm On a bit of a roller coaster I had another faint positive yesterday fmu after 3 days of pure white big fat nothing's not even a shadow followed by a bfn this morning ? I went to see the doc hoping she would send me for blood test but no such luck she dismissed me totally when I said I had a chemical last cycle and think im having another she looked at me like I was talking another language then looked at my chart and said I didnt ovulate on cd6 but on cd12 ? I said that would have made me 4 dpo when I had the first good positive test ??? She didn't say anything just to wait 8 days and test again like that's going to happen lol
My temp shot up even further today and no sign of af but if the doc is correct I'm not due af for 6 days

Hi,
User Image jku
Mummy, trust your own instincts. Doctors judge by what is considered average, if you normally ovulate early then that is your normal. I am a poas addict too but don't take them as a definite positive until it registers on a digital. By that time the chance of a cp has passed.
I hope you get your clear over the next few days

8 years ago

Thank you hi and welcome
Yes I thought that but after she explained I think it was more from my temp chart she said the temp shift I had on cd7 was not high enough to be ovulation and I had a huge one at cd 13 and that's where she pinpointed ovulation I have had a steady increase and also some big rises since then
I thought I had ovulated early as been taking soy ISO and I have had mirena for 5 years so not really sure what my normal ovulation would be I have never used temping, opk or anything else to conceive any other baby before so it's all new to me
I am a poas addict I even peed on sticks most months while I had the mirena I can't help it lol ! But I don't think my doc is very happy with that as it picked up a couple if cp And I had a blighted ovum which I wouldn't have known about as she was adamant it was impossible so she not the best at understanding me as it is I don't think she likes the fact I know so much about my own body either as she blamed my constant corpus luteum pain a few years ago on sluggish bowels for months when actually it turned out I had a cyst so felt bit fobbed off when I came out as was hoping for a blood test but I am apparently dpo9 today to I'm back in the tww lol I actually hope she is right this time hehe as means I'm not out yet ! Really sorry for the long essay iv woke up a bit fiesty this morning good job I'm not going to see the doc today !!

I have been feeling really great the last day or so. I told the news to both of our sets of parents and our siblings. I'm not sure why I felt so compelled to tell so early, historically with the last 2 I always waited until after I saw the dr. Anyways, news was well received and everyone is excited. I plan to tell the rest of the world at the more traditional time in January. I think I wanted to avoid it coming out at Thanksgiving inadvertently when I didn't drink wine!

Mummy, I'm sorry, that has to be so frustrating...but I think you're right...if it means you aren't out this cycle then it is OK news...right? Also, maybe time for a new OB who better suits your personality?

8 years ago

That's wonderful news and glad to hear you are feeling so well and happy
Thanks I think you are right there is another lady doctor at the practice I will see her next time
I still feel there is hope as my temp is up even more today and I had a faint positive today on what is my new 10dpo lol if I am 10dpo and my doctor was correct then how unbelievable that I got 3 positives on 2 different brands at 3 dpo !! Maybe I really have caught for multiples and my test picked up the tiny bit of hcg released on conception !!

Thank you ladies for all your support especially jku you have been wonderful
I got a big big big this morning I'm so happy after those couple of faint lines followed by almost a week of bfn I now have a really dark positive

My bfp this month ended with an ectopic pregnancy. I got 2 shots of methotrexate last night. I've spent the entire year of 2015, 11 cycles, trying for this and to have it end this way makes my heart hurt. We can't try again for a minimum of 3 months after the methotrexate.

Congratulations on your bfp!

8 years ago

Jku394- I just read this entire thread and went through the anticipation and excitement over your test just to read the outcome you just posted today :( I am SO sorry for your loss. I had an ectopic pregnancy in April 2015 and am still TTC. My ectopic ended with surgery removal of my baby and right fallopian tube. Christmas Day was my due date, so I am still in the grieving/healing process....here for you if you need someone to talk to!! Keep an eye on how long it takes for your HCG to drop. Mine took nearly 2 months after surgery!!! And it messed with my entire cycle. Since my ectopic I have only had 2 cycles. I know the 3 months the doctor gives you is hard to wait (and truthfully I ttc anyways), but emotionally you may need those 3 months to pick yourself back up again.

DD born 05/20/2013 Angel Baby EDD- 12/25/2015 Born into heaven 04/27/2015

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo