Community post

Discussion

January 2015 Babies

View Full Post

Hello, Ladies.

I wanted to start a group for the mama's expecting a January '15 baby.
Let's share our bfp stories and symptoms. Have you spread the news?
How are you feeling?

I am currently 6 weeks and 5 days along. DH and I have been TTC for a year now with two losses during our TTC journey. We have three children and are praying for one more to complete our family. I look forward to hearing from you and

User Image

112 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

81 - 90 of 112 Replies | Last Page

CONGRATULATIONS SHELOB!!

So happy for you and little James and glad everything is going ok albeit you both being tired! I've been thinking of you alot and hoping you were doing ok and glad it worked out well! Would love to hear about your story - I don't think anyone would mind and it's probably just us reading so if you want to share, please do!

I hope the change in regime goes well and are you staying in the hospital for a while? Are you pumping/breastfeeding? That's even more stress on you/your body too (but 100% your decision to do) but just keep thinking that things won't stay as they are right now - it'll get better! It always does! The first little while is always the worst but well worth it! So happy for you doing so well! Looking forward to hearing more about your story.

How are you doing, Ruth? Well I hope! Your other girls were late but doesn't mean this one will too! I doubt it'll go to February and with your SPD, I hope it doesn't! Have you tried exercises (pelvic tilts, etc) to get the baby out of the breech position? I hear it helps! My babes are opposite, most of the time too! Baby A is head way-down but Baby B is Breech/Side-ways so I can't do pelvic tilts or anything as I don't want to make things worse! LOL!

I have my anesthesiologist appt tomorrow morning then my ultrasound/doc appt in the mid-afternoon so I'm busy with appts! 34 weeks today! YAY! My doc said if I can wait this long we're laughing now but I have to say I really want this over but want to TRY and enjoy the normalcy for a little while longer (sorry Shelob, no offence). Hope all is well tomorrow and STILL can't wait until this cold takes a hike. Still got my wet cough and I waddle now, more than ever! Sooo uncomfortable! Ok, venting done ;)

Take care ladies!

User Image

9 years ago

Hi Mommies!

Shelob! I'd love to hear your birth story!

Sorry it has been so long but.....I'm hating pregnancy at the moment. I'm exhausted, sore, my pelvis hurts, everything hurts. :( I just caught up on everyone's updates. I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well. Baby time is sure getting close. I can't wait to just have my baby already! I too have gestational diabetes but mine has been easily controlled. I had an us today and my baby is about 6.5 lbs. I'm sorry my update is so short but it's past 8pm here and it's my bedtime ;). Sooo tired

User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

Good to hear from you Babymine! Even if you sound like you are suffering lots. :-( poor you! Not long to go now though, hang on in there!

Shelob, when you're ready...labour story please, I'm all ears! ;-) hope you and James are doing well. Any news when you might come home from hospital?

I'm ok thanks, got midwives apt tomorrow to see if baby's turned but my friend who is a registrar for obs and gynaecology had a feel on Friday and she said she clearly felt the head at the top, and she should know as she deals with breech babies as routine in her job! I'm just going to go with the flow, hopefully it will turn and if it doesn't, caesarean it is, there's not much I can do about it.

I finished work yesterday so feel I can relax a little more now.

xxx

9 years ago

Nice to hear from you, Babymine! Sorry to hear you're so uncomfortable but I think we can all sympathize with you! You're echoing alot of my concerns too! What have you been up to keep you busy? Are you finished work?

I'm sorry to hear your baby is still breech, ruth! :( There's still time!! My little sister turned last minute during labour (opposite than what my mom wanted, from head-down to breech) so it's never impossible that things can still change! Crossing fingers for you! Did you look into the pelvic tilts or some other yoga poses that can help? Congrats on finishing work!! I'm still at it...

Hope you're still doing well, Shelob, and keep us updated with your progress and little James too!

Things aren't going so well for me - been to the hospital 2 days in a row and have to go back on Saturday. When I went for the anesthesiologist appt on Tues a nurse checked my blood pressure and it was kinda high but they weren't concerned. Checked it again at my doc's at 3pm that day and still higher so she wanted me to come back within 24-48 hrs or go back to the hospital right then but she wasn't THAT concerned so I went back yesterday and had to do a wack of tests, non-stress test, blood work, urine, etc. Bp was still a little high and my blood work came back that things are creeping up cuz of it so gotta do it all again Saturday and then go from there. Not sure if it's my gestational hypertension history but atleast they're not taking chances. I'm also getting mild contraction/braxton hicks (had 3 in 30 mins) but I can't tell as the babes move so much/are so strong now I can't tell! :( Starting to get a sore lower back, nausea at times and now getting headaches/fuzzy head so not sure what is happening. I've also been losing a lil weight too but babes are good! Just over 6lbs each! Just praying they can wait till AFTER xmas but I think it won't be that long...

User Image

9 years ago

We are out of hospital (stayed until he was 6 days old). Feeding has been an ongoing battle but int the past two days he gained significant weight finally!!! Very happy. So now I don't need to do topups unless he feeds badly in a session. So far so good!!! So I am breastfeeding most of the time and express milk for topups when needed. Yes it is exhausting but definitely something I need to do for him. I hear it gets easier! It is great being home, much more relaxed. But, I am grateful for that tie to learn how to care for a prem baby and have expert help on hand at the push of a button. Now I have my husband here but we both get very tired. I will write a synopsis of my birth story sometime soon (during a feeding session or a few!)

Good to hear from you babymine!! Glad your GD is easy to manage!! Hard enough to have it and watch the glucose levels and carb intake without all the issues I had with insulin requirements!

Candie that doesn't sound fun! How many weeks are you now? 6lb is a decent weight but they will look so tiny!

ruth1981 not good about the baby's position! My sister was breech and Mum had to travel to a different hospital because in those days not all of them could deal with that kind of situation. Baby turned in the ambulance!! Not the recommended method though :) So pleased to hear you have finished work. I missed my last two weeks but hey, got something great at the end of it! Be prepared as a lot of women seem to find the minute they relax baby comes!!

9 years ago

Hi mamas,

I'm glad your finally home shelob!

I'm here at my nst (non stress tests) and my fluid is looking low so I'm being sent to the hospital for more monitoring and who knows maybe baby? Wish me luck! :-)

User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

Way to go, Shelob! 6 days in the hospital is a very short stay so I would say things are great for you! You're doing something right!! I know when I was in the hospital for 4 days with DD I couldn't wait to go home and it got easier once I did as I was miserable there! Congrats on breastfeeding and hope it continues to get better/easier for you (and it will)! Hang in there - just a little longer! Write your story when you got time, hun. We understand!

Oh my, Babymine! Good luck and I hope it goes well! Keep us updated! I hope they don't induce (though I bet you want it)!

Thinking of all of you!

User Image

9 years ago

Candie is it usual to have longer stays in hospital over thee? Or do you mean for a prem baby? Yes it was a short stay for a prem baby because he was late prem. But it was longer than anyone else I know has stayed in hospital! Even for a c-section the maximum is 5 days. For a normal delivery the maximum is 3 days. Some only stay 3 hours then head to another place for antenatal care (a birth centre). Most stay up to about 12 hours and then go to a birth centre or home as they choose. We had intended to go to a birth centre which we had heard great things about, but that choice was taken out of our hands!

Right time to express. I have only expressed one other time today. Don't need the extra milk now as he hasn't needed any top-up feeds since yesterday! So much easier to just breast feed!!!

9 years ago

How did it go at the doctors, babymine? I hope all is well and your fluid is ok!

No, shelob. Sounds like the stays at the hospital are similar to yours! I was 4 days due to my c section. Our hospitals have antenatal care after birth, don't yours? Sounds like things are going very well for you and expressing! So happy for you!

How are you doing, Ruth?

I've been ok. Went for my follow up nst bloodwork, etc and no change so I have to go first another routine one on xmas eve! Ugh! I've started getting strong contractions since yesterday afternoon so not sure was is going on but nervous as heck about it!! Didn't have this with DD! Anyone else have this?

User Image

9 years ago

Candie our hospitals do normally provide care after the birth but they are short on space at the moment due to renovations. So, they are shippng out anyone well enough to move. Sometimes the women don't even have a choice where to, just somewhere with space!

I am exhausted. Christmas day was great but difficult. First bubs wouldn't settle, then didn't feed well, then slept heaps, then wanted to feed for a few hours in a row!! Then boxing day I was laid out with a cold. Still recovering. Today was my baby shower after it was postponed from when I was in hospital. It was lovely but again I missed out on sleeps and feeding times seem to be creeping closer and closer together. I just really hope tonights sleep goes okay. I need more energy!!

So how is everyone? Any more babies making early appearances?

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo