Community post

Discussion

Could I REALLY be pregnant?? Doubtful but hopeful

Hi all,

A little background: I'm 31, and have endometrosis. At the age of 29, I had a 5 cm endometrioma removed from my left ovary. I have had several smaller functional cysts since then too that have gone away on their own. In May, I had my IUD removed, so that my husband and I could start trying for a baby. We tried for the first time in August, but were unsuccessful. Btw, I have been taking Co Q 10, and a prenatal vitamin that includes DHA. My cycles tend to run about 27 days, though in the last year I've had several that were 24 or 25 days.

This month, we were going to try again, and I prepared by buying some ovulation tests. We "baby danced" on Saturday, August 29th (cycle day 8). I got a positive ovulation test on Wednesday Sept 2nd, BUT, it was 95 degrees and we are both teachers and it was the first day of school and were far too tired to baby dance again. We just threw up our hands and said, meh, maybe next month.

Fast forward to this past Thursday, Sept 10th. I had some sharp cramps, and a tiny bit of spotting. Could that be implantation?? It was about 8 days past ovulation. I took a pregnancy test yesterday evening, and another this morning, and I swear for a moment I saw a foggy smudge where the line should be, but it could just be my hopeful imagination.

I am trying not to get my hopes up. I know that sperm CAN live inside you for up to five days but that's gotta be super rare right? Plus with endometrosis... I feel like that has to cut my chances down even more.

Anyone have any thoughts? Similar experiences? Advice?

Edit: Sept 12th, spotting again. Don't think it could be my period, because that would put this cycle at 21 days which is unheard of for me.

How long does implantation take?

0 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo