Community post

Discussion

Does Anyone Else Feel As Crazy As I Do?

View Full Post

I am 11dpo and I feel like I am going crazy. I am having all these "symptoms" and feelings like I am pregnant but there is no way of knowing. Everyone says it's too early but it's incredibly undeniable to me. I feel like I am just obsessing over something, trying to convince myself I am pregnant when I am not and then when I am able to take a test, it's going to be negative. Just like I knew it was. I am trying to be subtle but I feel alone in this. Does anyone else feel like I am feeling? Everything says that it could be PMS and/or ovulation but looking at my timeline, as well as the symptoms, I just *feel* strongly that I am pregnant and it would be really embarrassing if I found out I wasn't. I would feel really crazy. Like I completely made up all of these symptoms.

It's just a little fishy to me that the EXACT day I *felt* it happen lead to the EXACT day I was ovulating, which lead to the EXACT day that I should have implanted and then physically saw brown spotting and globby cervical mucus on that same day.

I guess I just needed to vent. Does anyone else feel this way who found out they were pregnant with a positive test? I guess that's truly what I am looking for.

Thanks and good luck to everyone who is trying.

22 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

11 - 20 of 22 Replies | Last Page

I hope this helps.
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120306065544AAJhFW7

I had a positive in the morning with my second son and negative in the afternoon. I was told by my dr that it is because the first morning urine has higher levels and i was so early on at the time.
going to watch your journey.
GL

10 years ago

@tdennis Yes! Thank you. That does help. I think I am just crazy lol. I don't think i am really pregnant but I will still test tomorrow and then let that be the final verdict and then never think about it ago. This is way too much drama lol.

10 years ago • Post starter

I hear ya on that. This ttw stuff is sooo hard.
This next cycle whatever happens happens and I am saving my money until I am a week late.
This has caused so much stress I have hives yeesh

10 years ago

@tdennis, I am going out of my mind. Yes, after this I have learned a good lesson (and realize how mentally unstable I apparently am) I will not even think about it and just go with the flo (pun intended.)

Check out my blue dye dream killer this morning.
It got thrown across the room when AF arrived at 12 a.m

10 years ago

@tdennis Awwww....I'm sorry girlie. :( Well, i took a test this morning (per your recommendation lol) and HPT was negative but OPK was positive again. Probably faulty dollar tree tests. I woke up today feeling back to normal. Don't feel pregnant at all. I was probably just PMSing. With PCOS, it really throws things off. Phew. I am SO glad I am not pregnant.

I really learned a lesson and realized I am not ready right now. At least not with the person I am with.

Ladies, I don't mean to be a downer but I am proof that "symptoms" can be all in your head. I realized that you can think you want something SO bad and then EVERYTHING seems like a symptom. It's like ghosts. You want to believe they are real SO bad that anything (even the wind blowing) is caused by a ghost.

My advice is to not even think about it. ESP before getting a period. I saw more women on here say the same thing: I have cramps, my breasts hurts, etc. and I would say about 90% of them ended up saying they weren't pregnant. This happens to them EVERY month and yet they still obsess over it. And now look at me, not pregnant and yet I was CONVINCED that I was pregnant. I feel so silly. This has become an obsession for some people and I really don't want that to be my life. I am not saying anyone is wrong or crazy but what I wanted was for someone to tell me this very thing. I wanted someone to tell me what I am about to tell you: a woman's body is a miraculous thing that goes through constant changes everyday. You've probably experienced these symptoms a million times before and yet it is only because you want a baby so bad that you all of a sudden are associating, and maybe even manifesting, these "symptoms" which are SO similar to PMS and reactions to everyday experiences (food, drinks, media, environment, media) that you're just going to drive yourself crazy thinking about it every single minute. I can't imagine the pressure it puts on men and I do not want to be one of those obsessive women that are SO convinced they are pregnant that they strain their relationship with a really great man.

Again, I am really sorry if I am being negative and I really wish all of you the best of luck but if you think about typical women with some type of psychosis (like me, I admit it 100%) this seems to be the evolution of obsession: in high school you obsess over boys and being skinny, some women become anorexic, then they obsess over getting engaged, then they obsess over getting married, then, once they have all of that, they obsess over getting pregnant, once they have a kid, they obsess over their kids and the cycle repeats itself. Stop the cycle ladies. I am putting my foot down on my obsession right now. The reason women aren't seen as equal to men is because women aren't obsessing over the ONE thing that they really need to obsess over and that's their career and success. THAT'S what you should be obsessing over. Not getting pregnant.

Sorry, sorry, sorry if you hate me but seriously, think about what I said. Just go with the flow and if you one day legitimately don't have a period that is the one and only time you should take a HPT.

I literally just had this same conversation with my DH last night
He said he could not believe the stress it caused me.
It just is not worth it. Right now I am with you whatever happens happens and life goes on regardless.
You know that theory of meeting the right person only when your not looking? I remember with my other two pregnancies never even knowing until I was around 7 weeks.
It was nice too because I was almost two months pregnant by then. Of course I was 22 and 24 and was not clued into anything my body did.
I too fell victem to this ttw crap and never again.
Preach it girl. You hit the nail on the head.

10 years ago

I think the hardest part of all of this is the feeling as though I am not in control of what happens. Having the OPKs, and charts and symptom lists give me some framework and a sense of control, albeit a mostly false one.

I've always been one of those people who decides to do something, drops everything else, and BOOM, it's done. The fact that I've "dropped everything" and the BOOM hasn't come yet is tough. I own a small business, and I've been putting off expanding it because I'm sure I'll want to cut back when I have a child. My friends are planning a big vacation for July, but I haven't bought my plane tickets yet because I wouldn't want to fly to a remote island during my first trimester if I get pregnant. All these open-ended questions are making me as crazy as the two week waiting game itself.

Sorry this month wasn't your month.

10 years ago

@tdennis I am so glad you understand. It's really not worth the stress and strain on an otherwise amazing relationship. Just relax and it will happen. I know that sounds vague but the human body is so incredible and the chances are already so slim that you just can't control it at all.

@EvergreenGal I completely understand how you feel but sometimes I wonder if I am just transferring the sense of control I felt with anorexia to now trying to have a baby. Your body is meant to work a certain way and when things align (eating healthy, exercising, having a great sex life) THAT'S when it happens. I wish you the best of luck!

Well, I started menstruating this morning two days early. It was an odd cycle for me with all the spotting over the last week, but I'm almost relieved that my period showed up early if it was going to show up-- hopefully the spotting was just because of a strangely timed and slightly weird menstrual cycle this month and not anything more serious than that.

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo