Community post

Discussion

Here's My Story.... Might Give You Hope

Hi All,

So I know I have been up and down for the past 2 1/2 weeks. One minute I believe I am pregnant, the next I am on the edge of insanity and questioning whether this is just an obsession or not. I have had moments where I tell myself, "I can't believe how stupid you are for making yourself believe you are pregnant" and I have lashed out at many of my fellow ;Countdown to Pregnancy' friends and I am really sorry. I am sorry if I offended any of you. I am just going crazy here.

First off, I have NO idea if I am actually pregnant. I am currently 15dpo (if my math and instincts are right.) One minute I know I am pregnant, the next I am slapping myself for being so stupid. I get into these moods of knowing I am pregnant and then I take a pregnancy test and the negative result calms me down for a while to where I go back to realizing I am probably not pregnant and it's all in my head. The times where I am certain I am pregnant, stems from the memories I hold from being pregnant when I was young.

Yes, I was pregnant when I was very young and had an abortion because the father wanted nothing to do with me. I remember the exact moment it happened and couldn't believe it when I actually found out. Below is my account of my past experience, along with my current experience. Hopefully it will give some of you hope. I have no idea what it means or if it means I am pregnant or not but for now, it is what it is.

[b[The first time [/b]: I conceived on June 21st. I wouldn't say I had the healthiest lifestyle. I was drinking a lot and doing calorie restriction diets. I had been on the pill for 2 years and I stopped taking it because I couldn't afford it. I got pregnant between the two week timeframe of finishing my period and getting my period for the next month. They are NOT kidding when they say it's so easy to get pregnant after stopping the pill. I suppose I ovulated (and this is totally an assumption) around CD 15. I remember that it wasn't quite 2 weeks but I had a 4-5 day period and then the 21st is when I got pregnant so do the math. I don't know exactly how I knew, but I just did. There was this moment of a big bang in the universe and I thought, "Yup. I just got pregnant." Of course those things are crazy talk so I pushed it back in my mind and didn't think about it again. At the time, he really wanted to have a baby and then somehow it happened. I didn't think about it again until I didn't get my period the next month. I thought it was because I stopped taking the pill. Just to be sure (and what I thought was for fun) I took a pregnancy test somewhere around 21dpo. I took 3 tests. All tests had faint positives. I was an idiot back then so I thought that because the line wasn't dark, I wasn't pregnant. I thought, "Oh good. I'm not pregnant." So I moved on. I do not remember having any symptoms. No breast tenderness, no nausea, nothing. The only genuine "symptom" I had was weight loss and I GUESS this "FEELING" that I was pregnant. I was on the phone with someone and said, "I think I am pregnant but how can I be pregnant if I have lost weight???" My friend said, "That 's a sign of pregnancy." THAT'S when I started to get a little scared. I waited for the second month to get my period and when it didn't come, I KNEW something was wrong. I went to Planned Parenthood and they confirmed I was indeed pregnant. I found out at about 9 weeks. Just in time for an abortion.

Fast forward to now, I have had a lot of unprotected sex (as I was married and with someone for 5 years) and I have NEVER had a pregnancy scare. NOT ONCE did I ever "FEEL" like I was pregnant. Well, except for one time a few months ago where I wanted to get pregnant so bad that I had it in my HEAD that I was pregnant, but I didn't have any genuine symptoms. What is going on now is very, VERY different. I was diagnosed with PCOS in August so I don't think it's possible that I am pregnant but I took Provera from 3/25-4/4. Had an 11 day period so I could have cleaned everything out and since I was eating healthy and exercising, maybe, just maybe, it happened.

On 4/6, I had that same big bang universe moment where I just knew. On 4/10, I had terrible cramps in my lower abdomen. On 4/15, which is the day I think I implanted, I had globby mucus and brown spotting. These symptoms occurred on the EXACT day the website said it would happen according to my timeline. I even read all this AFTER I saw the globby CM so I didn't manufacture it. As I am educating myself, I am almost textbook of what they say is supposed to happen. Below are my current symptoms by day (it's not all that accurate but it's just to give you an idea:)

2dpo: Super horny and felt nauseated after eating cookies.
3dpo: Terrible cramps in my lower abdomen, exhaustion
4dpo: Exhaustion, took HPT: BFN
5dpo: burning twinging in right nipple area
6dpo: Sense of smell quite strong, thin vaginal leakage without being aroused
7dpo: super gasey took HPT: BFN
8dpo: White slimy mucus, brown spotting took HPT: BFN, took OPK BFP, VERY emo
9dpo: breasts feel full, creamy CM, exhaustion, moody
10dpo: typical symptoms
11dpo: nervous, on edge, moody, "I just FEEL pregnant" etc. took HPT: BFN took OPK: BFP
12dpo: typical symptoms
13dpo: typical symptoms + breakouts, nervousness, queasy took HPT: BFN, Just don't feel like myself. Very quite and drained
14dpo: feeling much better, exhaustion, hunger, took HPT: BFN
15dpo: back to feeling like I am pregnant. Hence the post, took HPT: BFN OPK: BFP

This is a time capsule so we can once and for all settle the dispute on whether or not you can experience symptoms early on. I know every woman is different but from my experiences, I just don't know. Once I know for sure, I will post a reply so that it hopefully helps everyone and we will all know for sure. We will know

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I am really sorry that this post is so long but I also wanted to add a list of the "symptoms" I have been experiencing so you guys can gauge based on your own experiences. Once I know for sure, we will know if these symptoms were manufactured by my "hope" to be pregnant or genuine symptoms. These symptoms grew more apparent as the days went on.

-Exhaustion: I am SO tired all the time. Maybe it's my current lifestyle of working a lot, seeing my boyfriend, sleeping 5 hours, smoking pot but I have never been this tired. I slept for 15 hours one night and got up at 12 PM the next afternoon and all I did was get up, drive to work, sit down all day and by 9 PM, I was exhausted again.

-Breast tenderness: I realized that this has been a consistent pain. Especially when I am wearing a bra. My boobs are rather large (36D) but they are consistently sore/tender to the touch. I do experience breast tenderness during my period but not consistently from last day of period to the first day of my new period. Once they are out of a bra, they feel better but still sore. The nipples feel burning on the inside some days and have white discharge coming out (but I would get this frequently while I am PMSing so I am not attributing it to pregnancy.)

-Increase sense of smell: I smell things rather strongly. If someone has pickles on their sandwich I can smell it like it's under my nose. It's brief but I smell it right away. If there is a foul smell in the air, I smell it right away.

-Breakouts: I am using Proactive but I have been getting really moundy zits on my chin.

-Queasiness: I felt this more recently but it feels like my stomach is uneasy. Like I am on a boat. Maybe this was just nervous stomach because once I took a HPT and it was negative, it went away.

-Not feeling like myself: I just feel different. I have this feeling of "I can't wait for things to get back to normal." I had this same feeling once I knew I was pregnant. I felt different. I think my dog knew too because he wouldn't leave my side and I was grateful for the companion, as I couldn't tell anyone.

-Moodiness/Weepy/Irritability: I am normally a happy person but lately on some days, things will just get on my nerves. I don't have patience for anything. I was talking to a co-worker and he was critiquing a presentation and I just felt like crying. Lucikly I didn't.

-Gas like you would not believe: it's resolved as of now but there were days where I was SO gasey. I will be honest and say I wasn't eating the healthiest but I normally have very healthy bowels and hardly ever get gas unless I eat something really bad consistently for weeks.

-Twinges in my lower abdomen: not quite gas but it's like little bubbles popping.

-Cramping: only sometimes and it's very mild

-Cervical mucus: even when I am not aroused, it's like my vagina is just leaking. Most of the time it's very thin but early on it was very thick.

-People kept looking at me differently. Like they know what's going on. My step-sister said that I wasn't acting like myself and then gave me a funny look.

-When I am with baby daddy, he's more protective and concerned. I told him I might be pregnant but a HPT was BFN so we have not talked about it since then. After numerous BFN, I am STILL feeling like I am pregnant.

If I am not pregnant, it is proof that the above was all in my head or at the very least, normal bodily functions.

10 years ago • Post starter

Have you taken another HPT?

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo