Community post

Success story

What A Roller Coaster! 13dpo Total BFP with PCOS

Hello All. I wanted to share my story with all of you because I experienced a wide spectrum of emotions and I wanted to encourage all of you to stay positive.

I was pregnant 6 yrs ago but I don't really remember much, as I had to get an abortion at 11 wks. All I remember is that I knew it happened the instant it happened. I've always had abnormal cycles so I went on the pill and was on it off and on for 9 yrs. I stopped taking BC for 2 wks after my last period because I couldn't afford it and BAM! I got pregnant. It's SO true when they say to go on BC for like 6 mths and then go off of it. I never thought it could happen. 1 wk later, I took HPT and it was BFN. I still felt really felt like I was preg. I don't remember experiencing any symptoms that felt abnormal to me except unexplainable weight loss that I thought wasn't associated with pregnancy. I went back on BC right away and when I didn't get my period, I took HPT at 4 wks. I got a faint line BFP. In my naiveté, I thought because it wasn't dark, I wasn't pregn so I let it go. I didn't think about it again until I was 9 wks and still did not get a period being on BC. I went to PPand they confirmed BFP.

Fast forward 6 yrs later, I had that same moment of "I just got pregnant." DH and I were NTNP but had talked about having kids. I would say this is the 1st mth we threw caution to the wind and let it happen. i didn't think it would happen so fast. I was diagnosed with PCOS last Aug and was given Provera for Sep. I took Provera and had a regular period from Sep-Nov. From Dec-Feb my period was off and on so I was given Provera again. I had a period from Mar 25th-Apr 4th. On Apr 6th, DH and I did BD and I had that moment of, "We just got pregnant." I didn't think anything of it until Apr 9th when I felt really horny and got really nauseated from eating cookies. i REALLY thought I was going crazy and was going to be SO embarrassed if I turned out not to be pregnant.

Below is a time line of my symptoms by date (I don't like doing dpo because I have NO idea what that really means:)

APR
6 BD
9 BD, felt really horny, nauseated from cookies
10 BD had REALLY bad cramping in my lower abdomen, VERY tired
11 VERY exhausted driving home from work from a 6 hr shift
HPT- BFN
12 Twinge in right nipple
13 Sense of smell very strong, Thin vaginal leakage
14 Super gasey, HPT- BFN VERY moody!!
15 White slimy mucus with brown spotting
16 BD X3 breasts feel very full, EWCM, sleepy
17 BD
18 Slept 15 hrs
19 BD HPT- BFN
20 BD HPT- BFN
21 BD X2
23 BD Vivid dreams
24 BD
25 BD period cramping (I thought for SURE I was getting my period)
26 BD VERY sleepy, cramping HPT- BFN
27 Changes in pimples around nipples HPT- Faint line positive, digital BFN
28 Tender breasts, HPT- Faint line positive, digital BFP!!!

I was really disappointed when I kept getting BFN after BFN because all of these other women were saying they got BFP after 10"dpo." Because I had a long period due to Provera, this website estimated the 23rd to be when AF was due but my app said AF was due the 26th so I aired on the side of the 26th. When I had period cramps, I was disappointed because I thought I wasn't preg. Then I went online to read success stories to see if maybe anyone experienced what I was experiencing. Sure enough, I read about this girl who THOUGHT she ovulated earlier than she did. I matched my timeline to hers (she was just about 2 wks before me) and I was right. I don't know FOR SURE when I actually conceived. Either I did conceive on the 6th and my body is exhibiting what it did the first time, where a genuine BFP didn't show up until 4 wks (because I am about 4 wks now) or I conceived on the 15th/16th and I got BFP right when the body is supposed to (at about 2 wks later OR 1 wk after missed AF.)

Good luck ladies! I hope my story gives you hope. I wish I could thank the woman who shared her story and encouraged me to recalculate my days.

0 Comments • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo