Community post

Discussion

Travelling during early pregnancy!!

If we are lucky enough to fall pregnant next month after m/c at 8 weeks on 18th Aug, I will then be roughly 5 weeks when we travel to Thailand at the end of October.
Has anyone travelled overseas during early pregnancy?
I know it would probably easier to wait to try, until the holiday or after we get back, depending on the timing, however after suffering the loss of m/c last month, dh and I are very eager to try again.
Im totally happy to NOT go on any crazy adventures and just laze around the pool and beach/resort area for the duration.
I know I will need to be careful about eating - the drinking is the easy part - bottled water will be fine.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this, or any experience?

1 Reply • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I really don't think you have anything to worry about. Just be careful about some of the food, like raw fish, or unpasteurized dairy. You don't have to just laze around the pool if you don't want to either. There is plenty of activities you can do if you're feeling up to it (hiking, biking, etc.) Those babies are pretty well protected in the uterus.

I went to Mexico when I was about 5 months pregnant with my daughter. It was fine. I ate just about everything and hung out dancing with friends well into the night. I just couldn't drink of course! It was no big deal and I had a great time.

Have fun on your trip!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo