Community post

Discussion

Chemical pregnancy experiences??

I had a lot of symptoms this month, so I tested using Frer at 8dpo - thinking too early... Lo and behold a definite pink faint positive came up with evening urine! I was so thrilled, especially after suffering a miscarriage at 8 weeks back in august. I'm now on 13 dpo and have had negatives every morning since the positive. After the positive test, I had severe pain in the right hand side of my abdomen for hours - I thought it may have been implantation. Pain ceased about 4am and have barely had any symptoms since.
Af is due tomorrow - I wonder if she will come on time as I'm quite sure I have experienced a chemical pregnancy. Has anyone else had this or something similar happen ? Heartbroken again ..

7 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

I had a chemical. I felt pregnant right away, so I decided to start testing earlier - I just needed to know if I am preggo or not because there was the deadline of signing my another part-time job contract for second semester (I work full-time and that additional job is very time and effort consuming though paid well).
So I tested 7dpo with blue dye cheap Target test, it was negative, I signed the contract. But there were two more test sticks left. Next day I tested at 8 dpo and I got the faintest of lines but it was there. I immediately ran to store and bought frer - it was negative. I did a web research and found out that the blue dye is not trustworthy. So I blamed all my symptoms on my powerful imagination ... but there were frer left in a box. I tested next day at 9 dpo with frer - the faint line was there, I tested with the last target test - the line is definetely there. Next day I tested with frer again (10 dpo) and the legit line appeared (I still have this so beuatifully positive test- I don't know why) . But in couple days all my pregnancy symptoms vanished away, I bought new test - at 12 dpo I can hardly see the line, barely there, 13 dpo - negative, 14 dpo blank negative again and af came. This the end of that sad story.

12 years ago

I'm really sorry to hear that - it really is so disappointing isn't it? I really wish I hadn't bothered testing so early and I won't from now on, regardless. At first I was so excited I had shown up so early because it was a clear though faint positive and thought it was off to a cracking good start. I've read that Frer has officially picked up a hcg level of 6.3 and also that the fertilized egg only needs to brush up against your uterus to start producing hcg. Not sure how true though. Now just wishing af would hurry up so I can move on again.

12 years ago • Post starter

I once had a faint positive on an FRER and then got beta done and hcg was 4.9. Granted the machine was down and I had to wait half a day to get the results ran. So that means FRER picked up a VERY VERY low hcg level. Dr said chem because my usually not pregnancy hcg level is under 2.

Me-25 (PCOS, MTHFR, UU) DH-27 (perfect). Matthew 11/24/12 (born induced 36w5d due to low amniotic fluid) Our story: Began TTC July 2010, 6 losses: 11/14/10. Early m/c, 12/25/10 Blighted Ovum, 6/29/11 Early m/c, 11/11 early m/c, 3/8/12 Early m/c, 6/29/13 suspected ectopic. Currently breastfeeding and NTNP. hoping to lose weight And blessed with another miracle baby! Follow my blog : http://mynotesonttcandlife.blogspot.com/

12 years ago

That's such a low reading! Next time I won't be testing so early. I cant stand the heartache and disappointment any more. Have just started charting my bbts so will try that instead. Baby dust to you !

12 years ago • Post starter

Though I was hurt emotionally when chemical happened, then..after some time passed by...I turned it into something positive.
When sometimes I had those sad feelings "I am not able get pregnanat at all", I was contradicting myself - "it's not true, you just recently got pregnant, and the fact that your body didn't keep it means that it works well in detecting what is needed to be kept, what is not" - so I turned chemical into some very positive re-assuring point for myself - "my body can get pregnant and it is smart in "sorting things", so when I get it again and it will stick, it will be a really good one"

12 years ago

Three mornings in a row I tested a very faint positive at 10dpo. I was so excited I was having a ton of symptoms then at 14dpo all my symptoms stopped. I bought another 3 pack of frer and all negative. I will no longer test early it hurts so much to find out its neg. After thinking you were pregnant.

12 years ago

I know this is an old thread.

It needs to be said that your urine takes longer for the hCG to go down than what shows in your blood. Just like it takes a while for it to show up in your urine in the first place.

Having an hCG of 4.9 by blood but having a + pee test does not mean the hCG in your urine was 4.9. It will likely be considerably higher, and after the 4.9, you will start bleeding and have a negative pee test.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo