Community post

Discussion

August 2015: IUI/IVF

View Full Post

Let's keep those BFP's coming ladies!!!

Prayers, Baby Dust and Sticky Vibes to everyone

TTC 2+ years Me 29 DH 30 4 cycles of Clomid + Trigger BFN 3 cycles IUI with Follistim + trigger BFN IVF #1 Chemical Pregnancy :( IVF #2 BFN FET #1 BFP!!! Beta Numbers 4.1- 168

451 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

261 - 270 of 451 Replies | Last Page

LS, have a safe flight!!!

8 years ago

Random question- Has anyone heard if there is a higher probability of having a boy with IUI? I've been doing some reading but the statistics are sort of misleading.

Thoughts?

User Image

8 years ago

The extent of my knowledge on IUI is my twin sister got pregnant with a girl on her first one then went on to get pregnant naturally with a boy months after she delivered! (She also was on clomid many years before that and conceived boy/girl twins which years before that conceived a girl naturally by surprise!). Just fun to share:)

8 years ago

TTC - picture please !!!

Chaff - I think that is a myth. I doubt IUI has anything to do with a gender :)

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

8 years ago

Chaffins - I hadn't heard that. I wonder if it's a difference in the way the sperm swims or something.

BabyPath - Yeah OK is a bit far from here.

LS- Have a safe flight! I hope you enjoy your vacation.

TTC - Congratulation. I hope your line gets darker and darker. Stick babies stick!
I'm not sure how they lost it, They've never had any trouble finding me before. My file was there two weeks ago when I was there for the IUI. It does worry me that it was able to disappear so easily.

AFM - Still waiting to hear back from the clinic. I'm planning on calling them back if they haven't called me by 3. This whole situation is rediculous. I wonder if the pharmacy could tell me which doctor put in the perscription for my clomid. I might go and ask.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

8 years ago

One thing I have always heard is that female sperm is a lot stronger than male sperm, thus the reason there are more girls in the world. Due to IUI and how they are done, maybe this helps give as good of a chance for the male sperm to get to the egg too??

8 years ago

From the reading I've done there's an idea that because boy sperm swim faster but don't live as long as girl sperm they have a better chance at fertilizing the egg because the IUI is timed right at ovulation.

Who knows though! The research shows around 60% boys, so def still girls in there. Excited to check on our little peanut tomorrow! Come on workday!

User Image

8 years ago

Hey girls. On my cell, so sorry this will be short.

Jackie- still thinking about you lady, my heart brakes for the week you've had and the disappointment you're feeling.

LS - have a wonderful time! Safe flight!

TTC- ahhhhhh!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!! Wow!!! Can't wait to see a pic :)

I dont want to go on and on about me and my appointment, especially in light of some difficult news this week. But I did have my ultrasound yesterday and it went really well. Measuring 9 weeks yesterday and the baby was hiccuping like crazy which was really sweet. It definitely looked more "baby" on ultrasound and less "blob" :) thoughts are with all of you girls this week, whether celebrating wonderful news or dealing with the difficulty of trying to conceive. Xo

8 years ago

I forgot to add: Margie - I'm sorry AF came. Although I know you had a feeling it would. Excited to hear about how your next cycle is going to look, I hope your clinic can get organized and rectify their mistake.

8 years ago

Cate, what a sweet post :)

Glad to hear your baby is thriving! My youngest had the hiccups constantly and it tickled like crazy the bigger she got! She's 10 now and STILL gets the hiccups all the time!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo