Community post

Discussion

March IUI 2014

View Full Post

I just wanted to start another board on March IUIs.
My first one in February failed and here's to hoping that this second one will be the charm. Can't wait to see some BFPs and some Thanksgiving babies!! If I conceive this cycle my EDD is Nov. 26th.
I'm CD2...

User Image

486 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

421 - 430 of 486 Replies | Last Page

No trigger shot, Dr refuses says they cause ovulation but they might not be good eggs so let body handle it. I disagree but he is the Dr.

10 years ago

I have no hpt strips anymore. Which I guess is a good thing. Bbs are killing me and all the symptoms of AF showing up. Due Monday. Wish you girls luck this month. May take next month off and try again in May. I'll keep you updated.

10 years ago

Hi, ladies!! I hope you don't mind me joining. I'm just looking for others who are going through a similar TTC experience. I just had my first IUI on 3/25. A little bit of background- Me 32, everything so far has checked out as "normal", DH 32, SA's in Aug 2013 and January 2014 showed low motility (about 30% total motility with only about 13% showing good, forward movement). However, he went to a follow up appointment yesterday with a urologist and got the results from his 3rd SA from the end of February which came back completely normal for everything. The nurse and dr. said his sample for the IUI was excellent so I'm hopeful. We've been trying for a year and a half and the monthly cycles of hope (TWW) and devastation (AF) have just been completely disheartening.

10 years ago

Good to see you robntiff24! Wish you well too!!

Texas, 2 follicles is great. Without a trigger you may only ovulate one though, depending on how close in size they are to each other.

I saw the RE yesterday (CD2). We checked my antral follicle count, about 4-5 on each side with leaders at 6mm. Which he said was about normal for my age. Bad news is that both my E2 and FSH went up from my last numbers, E2: 99 from 74 and FSH: 7.8 from 7.0, so I'm starting to see signs of diminishing response.

I started 3 vials (per day) of Menopur this morning and will start 1 vial (per day) of Cetrorelix tonight. The Centrorelix is an antagonist, which should (theoretically) suppress my fast response (and keep me from ovulating early). However, the doc said only 5% of women respond as quickly as I do and he doesn't have any personal experience with this protocol, so we are shooting in the dark a little. At least they are now recognising that I have a fast response and at least trying to treat me instead of just applying the same protocol they give to everyone else and wondering why I'm responding so fast.

Last month I was on Synarel, which is an agonist. They ramp up production and then suppress growth after 3-4 days. I was only on Synarel for a day and a half before I started Menopur. So on day 3 of Menopur I was on day 4.5 of Synarel and already 16mm. (Also, NP mentioned they had a very high success rate with the Synarel protocol, apparently she was mistaken, see next.)

My doc reiterated that IUI will only ever have a 10% chance of success. I am open to switching to IVF at some point, but as long as we are doing IUI I get the treatment and the drugs for 50% of normal costs, so until they can figure out how to manage my fast response, I'd rather keep the 50% discount. For whatever stupid insurance reason, if we switch to IVF the same drugs will cost twice as much. (I should try to stockpile some!!)

Also, irritating note: Doc first prescribed Ganirelix, which is the brand name of Cetrorelix. The pharmacy last night called every pharmacy in the area and couldn't find any Ganirelix. So I didn't start my Menopur this morning because I didn't know if they could get any in by the time I needed the first antagonist shot tonight. I sent emails and left messages for the REs office this morning asking what to do and if there were any alternatives and if I should start meds or not, etc. etc. etc. Turns out, the pharmacy I was in last night had the generic Cetrorelix on the shelf the whole time and no one thought to look for the generic. Ugh. So now I'll be driving up to get that over my lunch hour. (Menopur was just delayed by 2 hours, shouldn't be a big deal.) I know it's just a mistake, but I really feel like these people should be smarter than this. They are a pharmacy in the same location as a fertility clinic, they should know these drugs backwards and forwards. And it shouldn't have taken til IUI #5 for the NPs and REs to stop being surprised by my fast response. Grrr. Apparently I need a change of attitude this morning. Anyone got a happy story?

10 years ago

I've got a kind of happy story...? So I am currently over two weeks late after a cancelled iui. I know I wasn't pregnant but my nurse thought I might have cysts. Went for a scan this morning and nurse couldn't see any problems, yay! She said I looked like I might be getting AF soon which means we can hopefully get through a full cycle in the not too distant future. She reckoned my body might just be adjusting to new meds? Feeling relieved that I don't have to wait for any cysts to shrink.

Excited for everyone who is going through their tww at the moment!

10 years ago

Miracle- I'm doing good! Hope your good as well :)

10 years ago

14 dpo and I had two sudden stabbing pains this morning, really owchy. They were right in the middle. Also feel like Af might be soon. I should have about three more days.

Welcome Lulu, don't be dishearted. This is my first IUI, if it doesn't work I'm going to try 3.

My friend had a secopnd round IUI baby just recently, they had simmilar issues to you guys and she is 37

10 years ago

Yay, no cysts Jojogo!! That's always a relief.

Welcome Lulu82. Pay no attention to my grumpy mood, it's just that time of the month. Yay, congrats on your first IUI!! Glad the SA is now normal. We've struggled with lowish count and low motility/movement. My hubs movement has improved every month and his total motility count is a little better. He's been taking Fertility Blend for Men. (Also FertilAid for Men is recommend.) They are pretty cheap, so you might wanna get hubs some just in case you have to do this again next month. Hopeful this one did the trick though!!

I can already feel my follicles growing!! I am feeling something, but it could be in my head. Hopefully my derangement makes you smile. I went back to the same pharmacy at lunch and they said they didn't have the meds after all. WHAT?!?!?! Oh, on second check, we do have them. But your doc hasn't changed your prescription, so we can't give them to you. So lucky my doctor is the kind that eats his lunch at his desk. I go back and hollar through the empty reception area of my RE office to see if I can get anyone to come up and low and behold, my doc comes up wondering who this crazy woman screaming in his office is. He tried to call the pharmacy and can't find their number (HA!). They are literally 15 feet down the hallway, so we walk down. We go in and no one that was there 10 min ago (and knows what my problem is) is still there. So I'm now laughing hysterically that they again can't find the meds they had in hand 10 min ago. They eventually find it and the doc says it's a good substitute and goes back to his office to send the order in. Now they only have 3 and I need 5, so I ask if they can check the pharmacies closer to me to get the other two. No, I have to drive back there tomorrow to get the last two. Ugh. I am laughing and crying about it.

10 years ago

jojogo- yay for no cysts!! Is there any possible way you can be pregnant???

TXkadams- I can't believe your story! That's insane!! I'm imagining you going back and forth at your docs office.. so sorry!!! Laughing/crying with you!

welcome lulu! here's to hoping IUI#1 works like a charm the first time!!

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

Yay jojogo new cycle brings hope!

Lmao txkadams I would have cried.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo