Community post

Discussion

March IUI 2014

View Full Post

I just wanted to start another board on March IUIs.
My first one in February failed and here's to hoping that this second one will be the charm. Can't wait to see some BFPs and some Thanksgiving babies!! If I conceive this cycle my EDD is Nov. 26th.
I'm CD2...

User Image

486 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

141 - 150 of 486 Replies | Last Page

I like Miracle's comment on "it's not over, til AF shows." I POAS and it's BFN. Feeling my monthly cramps and back aches. I think I'm waiting for AF now.

I have a question that may be TMI but honestly don't know. If AF shows and I call the re then they'll want me come in for a scan. Is it an internal US or external? Just seems weird to be on your period and have that invasive US.

Also, my husband hasn't met the RE due to scheduling, etc. Would this be a good appointment for my DH to attend or should I wait until a different appointment?

10 years ago

red-All of the ultrasounds I have gotten with this whole process have been internal. I also made my husband go to every appointment except my IUI and ultrasounds. I know at my RE they don't let anyone in the rooms when getting exams/scans. If I had questions, I made sure he was there to listen. GL!!!

I have been having some intense cramps but it's my whole stomach area...I can't tell if they are AF cramps or preggo cramps.

Fingers crossed..

10 years ago

Red this cycle I had to go for a scan on cd3 on my period. It was really weird but ok in the end. Just bring wipes to clean up with after.

10 years ago

Good morning Ladies!! Well I woke up this morning and I wiped and had reddish/ brown bleeding could this be implantation? My period is not due for 6 more days but doctor said if I did not get my period by the 11th to go in for blood work however even that would of still been to early for me to not get my period. Could the gonal F and trigger shot make it come in early as well?? I am so confused and sad if it is AF

What do you ladies think?

10 years ago

Chrissy- 2 months ago when I first went to the RE they found my thyroid at 2.87 which is normal if you're NOT trying to conceive (anything under 5 I think is normal) however, if you are trying to conceive they want that number to be closer to 1. My gyno always said I was "borderline hypo" but the RE went ahead and put me on synthroid. A month later they checked it and it had fallen to 1.67 and they said that's a more normal range for trying to have a baby! What medicine did they put you in? I pray that was one of the reasons I haven't fallen pregnant and now we fixed it!! We'll see...
As for your spotting... try not to see it as negative! It can very well be implantation bleeding! Sounds like it's too early for it to be AF!
Thinking of you!!

Red- all my scans were internal too... it's not as bad as you think... they have wipes there. As for hubby in scans, he's been with me in every scan and IUI I've had.. I'm grateful he was with me on this last IUI cause I was in so much pain it helped to hold his hand.... lol!
Hopefully it's not AF you're feeling!!

Amk- hoping it's prego cramps!!!!!!!!!!

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

red78701, the ultrasound will be internal. It's okay - I know it's icky and gross, but they're so used to it. They'll have wipes and pads and stuff - they won't even blink an eye.

chrissylee33, how long has it been since your IUI or trigger shot or ovulation or whatever you did this month? That's the date to watch, not when you would have normally expected AF. But hopefully it's implantation. Good luck!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Miracle mine was .2 when they seen I had an overactive thyroid. Now he has me on is Propylthiouracil 3 x a day 50mg each

I am trying to stay positive but I called the nurse she said the meds I took can cause an early cycle but said to early to know for sure if it is AF she wants me to come in for blood work on Monday and if I am not they want to scrap my uterus because the ultrasound showed little white dots which they said could possibly be polyps but they were not 100% on that either.

essemkay I had my IUI done on the 23rd of Feb so today is 12 DPO This is my first time trying this and might do one more before IVF ...I am praying it is implantation too, we will see I guess! Trying to stay positive but this is so hard!!

10 years ago

Red, It will be internal, they are all internal until you are about 12 weeks pregnant. The first initial cycle scan goes really fast though, just looking for cysts and since you didn't have meds last month you will be clear. You will likely start meds on CD3, 4, or 5, so the first US is always on a period day. I also bring a tampon to the appointment (into the room with me), then I don't have to worry about leaking on the way to the bathroom. Your clinic may provide them, but I find my brand more comfortable than the clinic ones. They will let you go to the restroom right before the appointment so you can remove the one you arrive with. (Clearly, I don't know the meaning of TMI.) You won't gross out the doc, but you might consider how you're going to put in a tampon with hubs in the room. (I made mine turn around. This may be why I don't take him to appointments anymore.)

I brought hubs to the first cycle of IUI appointments, but after that I've just done them myself, there are a lot of appointments and I don't see a reason for both of us to miss that much work. The clinic is also 30min away, so it's at least 1.5-3 hours every appointment depending on the wait time at clinic, lab, pharmacy, traffic, etc.

chrissylee, that might be implantation at 12dpo, or blood working it's way out from implanting yesterday. It's possible it's AF too though, 12dpo is kind of on the edge. Let us know any updates, fingers crossed for you.

essemkay, Thanks for sticking around with us. You are always a wealth of knowledge! How are you doing?

10 years ago

Iâ??m new to this but I decided this time around to try talking about my experiences with people who I can relate to.

My story is Iâ??m 31 years old and I've been married for almost 2 years, together for 8 and in a same-sex relationship. At first we (I've been the one trying to conceive) have tried to get pregnant through donor sperm at home using a catheter from the cryo bank with no luck. I had all tests and blood work completed prior to trying to see if I could even get pregnant and all came back positive. Tubes are open; I ovulate and have normal a cycles.

Yesterday, (3/6/2014) I had my first IUI through a fertility clinic. I was extremely calm and positive about the procedure. My Dr mentioned the vial from the cryo bank was excellent with 53 million swimmers!! I am hoping this is it!! I've been praying and asking all my friends to pray as well.

Wish us luck and best of luck to all in their TWW. :o)

10 years ago

Good luck to you ivlolo! My partner and I use California Cryobank and have been really happy with the quality of the DS there. All the best to you both!

IAmPregnant Ticker

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo