Community post

Discussion

Anyone else ttc for more than 6 months????

View Full Post

I'm 33 dh is 35 we have been ttc for 9 months now. I never thought it would be this difficult, or this emotional. I appreciate every bit of support and encouragement from all women tic, but only women who have been going through it for more than six months can understand on a deeper level the emotional rollercoaster I feel. I am always hopeful, but its getting harder. I would love to hear how others cope with it as well. Thanks and baby dust to all!!!!

39 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 39 Replies | Last Page

Oh, and just GETTING Clomid in the first place was a real nightmare because I already ovulate normally. So if you CAN get it without a million screenings first, the side effects aren't so bad that I wouldn't try it. My attitude was probably a lot better at 10 months TTC than it is now.

10 years ago

Hi all. I'm 28 and my OH and I have been TTC for 16 months now. Totally heartbreaking when you try absolutely everything you can think of and it gets you nowhere. I suffer from pcos and most days I feel like it's totally my fault. The worst part is, that the doctors insist that in order to be referred to a fertility clinic I must first take a blood test on the 21st day of my next cycle. I've been waiting 63 days for my next cycle so far and still waiting. I have all the symptoms of being premenstrual - the tears, sore breasts, stomach cramps, aching, tiredness, back ache for the last 4 weeks and still nothing. I'm exhausted! So it's a roller coaster for sure. And as far as finding someone to talk to goes, no one seems to truly understand what it feels like especially when you're so blue it's hard to snap out of sometimes...

10 years ago

@matrixx I also ovulate normally, but my dr is still open to us trying it. Who knows.... may get multiples!

@lilly I have Lupus, an autoimmune disease that can make it harder to conceive. I have been off meds for ten months and it feels like a race against the clock. I could relapse and have a flare up that requires meds. The meds are absolutely toxic to pregnancy and would almost definitely cause birth defects if I conceived on them. One of the triggers of a flare is stress...... which seems almost impossible to avoid. I feel so guilty that I cannot conceive..... or at least haven't yet. All of our friends had no troubles. Many people just dont understand. I really hope this is our year ladies..... sounds like we all deserve it.

I'm 14 dpo now and I had opks that looked like they were getting darker, but then today went back light with no positive in between. I wonder if I missed my surge. I have ewcm and slight pain on the right side. Its also very early for me. I usually have 30-35 day cycles.

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi everyone, I feel like I am seeing some familiar "faces" here! May I join? Me (30) and DH (35) have been trying for 34 cycles and over 2.5 years. We tried 1 year before seeing the dr and I was shortly thereafter diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis (autoimmune hypothyroidism essentially) and DH has slightly low motility. Been working on getting my thyroid in order for the past year, had it normal then went high and now it's perfect. We have had other tests run, including HSG. All is normal and I have regular cycles and ovulate. The next step is IUI but we are hoping with my thyroid as it is, we won't need it. We are going to give ourselves until July and then move to that.

I feel like I have been here forever but I am glad b/c of all the great support. My current support system is running thin. I feel like all my friends/co-workers are tired of little ole infertile me. Hubby and I have been taking it easy the last few month and planning to actively try this month, meaning more timed intercourse. I am not doing OPKs again yet as I can usually pinpoint O based on other signs.

I feel like I have reach the lowest lows and the only place to go is UP! Hoping this year brings us BFPs! There are currently 10 pregnant ladies at my work, YES you read that right so it's been very hard seeing everyone so happy but I will get there, we all will :)

10 years ago

Welcome plc...a..thanks for sharing. Its such s tough road to go down and while other forums are wonderful, its nice to talk to others that have been going through this long term as well.

A new cycle has just started for me today :( Onto my 7th round of clomid!

pbc910 that is amazing you have had 34 cycles in 2.5 years. I have had 22 cycles in 2 years and 1 month. That is why I am on the clomid. I am glad you have got your thyroid issues under control - hope you get pregnant without needing any other interventions!

10 years ago

shelob - at first, my cycles were between 28-32 days and ovulation date was always different every month. Since last spring/early summer, they've been 25 days like clockwork with the same LP and same (give or take a day) O date. I assume its probably due to my thyroid medicine. I always felt like I had a regular cycle before but I now see how regular they have become, which is good but still frustrating when you can't conceive.

Thank you for the positive thoughts! I am still cautious about my thyroid. People with Hashimoto's can have a difficult time regulating the thyroid and levels can go all over the place. It's just weird b/c a lot of people with thyroid issues complain about symptoms, but I don't have any except infertility!

I don't know if anyone else experiences this but since June 2012, a couple days after O, I start getting really brief, intense cramps. They usually kick in at 5DPO and go until 9DPO. The last couple months they started and ended earlier. It's always my sign that I am not pregnant b/c I know when I get those cramps, AF will come. Maybe its early PMS? I stupidly forgot to ask the RE last month. I know its common to have cycle changes especially in your 30s but I have never found anyone that experiences this.

10 years ago

Pb i have also had cramps several times that i have thought were implantation. I get them a day or two after O and they last about two days. I also often get a small streak of blood when I O. My opks are getting darker again so I think I'm on track to O in the next couple of days. We are bding every other day until positive opk then everyday for 3 days or so.

Hope you don't mind if I join... I am 33 (34 in March) and DH is 35. I have a 14 year old from a previous marriage and DH has a 10 yr old from previous marriage as well. Hubby is an Army Veteran. We have been ttc since October 2010. Yes we are over 3 years into this journey! UGH. In June 2011 I was put on Clomid however my body did not respond to it (out of 8 cycles I only O'ed once). I was sent to an RE.. best decision ever. I was immediately started on Letrozole and my 2nd cycle I got my first BFP.. almost 2 years to the date of beginning our ttc journey. It ended in a m/c in December 2012. Since then I have had 2 more m/c (both in 2013). In November the RE has me do injections on top of Letrozole... however we didn't catch the egg. We are not giving up hope yet... we just took a 1 cycle break.. this is the first cycle back in and we are ready. I am 1 dpo... it is now the waiting game. We are ready to hold our sweet angel and to be reassured all of the heartache has not been for nothing. They don't know why I keep having m/c after m/c. I am doing progesterone suppositories after O, very closely monitored and there is no "medical" reason... just praying all of my eggs aren't bad! So that is my story in a brief summary. Haha!

Sending loads of prayers and baby dust to all.

User Image User Image

10 years ago

Hi Christi.....welcome! I am really hoping and praying that you get your precious bundle soon!

I really like the other forum, but lately it feels like there is more talk from pregnant women than women ttc. I'm happy for them all, but I'm just not in a place mentally where I want to hear all about their pregnancy symptoms and what not. I'm sorry if I should like a selfish b*tch.

I'm CD 15 and I'm almost to a positive opk maybe even tonight. I sure hope so.

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo