Community post

Discussion

Anyone else ttc for more than 6 months????

View Full Post

I'm 33 dh is 35 we have been ttc for 9 months now. I never thought it would be this difficult, or this emotional. I appreciate every bit of support and encouragement from all women tic, but only women who have been going through it for more than six months can understand on a deeper level the emotional rollercoaster I feel. I am always hopeful, but its getting harder. I would love to hear how others cope with it as well. Thanks and baby dust to all!!!!

39 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 39 of 39 Replies

Shelob, I feel your pain. I have my first beta blood test tomorrow, but since an hpt was negative today at 13dpiui, I have zero hope for this cycle. My husband had a spectacular first analysis with over 170 million sperm and like 80% motility, but it was only 7.9 million post wash the day of IUI. Which was worth going ahead, but not great.

I guess we will go ahead with another IUI since we don't have insurance coverage for any of this, but I'm afraid IVF is in my future as well. Have you read One Good Egg by Suzy Becker (http://www.amazon.com/One-Good-Egg-Illustrated-Memoir/dp/1608192768)? I read it recently to break up all the "Perfect Hormone Balance for Fertility" nonsense advice books and really enjoyed it.

10 years ago

Thanks for the tip on the book! I love reading so it is great to have good things recommended which are so incredibly pertinent to my phase in life!

That initial sperm result for your husband is amazing! Is it normal for it to reduce so much after a wash? My husband's was 9 million with less than 40% motility. I haven't done any IUIs. Straight to IVF. In fact, they said with the way his sperm is we have to do ICSI. I am actually pleased by that because it has higher fertilisation rates.

13dpiui is still early so don't completely give up hope yet! I hope you get a nice surprise, but if you don't there is always another cycle :)

10 years ago

Hi everyone.

DH and I have been ttc #1 for 7 months im currently 12dpo POAS with FMU today and it was BFN have usual AF cramp/symptoms all to familar with them so waiting for AF to show in 2 days. Onto cycle 8 soon and felt pretty low yesterday and again today.Have a Doctor appointment on Friday with DH hoping to get something out of it. TTC is definitely one of the hardest most stressful things to go through i try to keep positive but as time goes on I feel like im becoming less positive and more low and irritable. Its good to come on here and have a rant. I wish you all lots of baby dust and hope you all get your BFP very soon!!! Xxx

10 years ago

Ugh....I'm about 11 or 12 dpo by my calculations. I still haven't gotten af. I'm on cd34. I usually have 30-34 day cycles. I have sore bbs and moodiness but that's typical pms. Weird thing is I didn't get it until 2 days ago and I usually get it about a week before af. I have bfn with fmu so I'm pretty sure I'm out. On to month 11 ttc. 2 more months and we start fertility. Probably IUI. they are pretty sure I O so Cloud isn't really an option. I'm getting so depressed lately about this. EVERYONE around me on Facebook and real life are freaking pregnant. Sorry for rant. I'm expecting af any minute now. Maybe I O later than I thought.

10 years ago • Post starter

Aw sorry you two are having such a hard time emotionally :( It does get harder and harder to cope. A couple of months ago I got so down I became very introverted, would cry at the drop of a hat and couldn't cope with so many normal life things. I then had a fertilty appointment where I got it all off my chest, and talked long with a good friend who is in a similar place. I felt so much better. I was on the verge of going to see a counsellor too, which I will do if I get that bad again. I really recommend doing that if you feel like you aren't yourself. The forum helps, but there is something about talking face to face with a sympathetic person which is so nice.

10 years ago

Shelob: Yes I agree speaking to someone really does help im hoping by seeing the Doctor on Friday will hopefully put things into a better perspective.

How ever since my last post I got stuck into cleaning out two cupboards that really needed it and got my mind off things definitely a productive day (sounds silly but it did read get my mind off things and felt great after). DH has been in great mood when he got home from work and has lifted my mood to so feeling a bit more upbeat tonight.

Xxx

10 years ago

Oh I am so pleased you found a way to feel better! I must say I do that whenever I get stir crazy while waiting at the end of the TWW. I will clean and tidy and sort. I love the feeling of being more organised!!!

Good hubby making you happy too :) That really helps!

10 years ago

I am still lingering around although AF came and I am on cycle 34. Don't have much to add...TTC has made me very depressed and we haven't been trying b/c it just seems so not worth it. Next move is IUI but we cannot afford it and I don't know when we will be able to. I keep hoping it will happen magically but I know better...

10 years ago

I'm out for this month, too and on to cycle #20. Very disappointed, not so much that the pregnancy test was negative because I'm used to that, more that we spent $1600 for nothing. I guess I'm up for two more IUI cycles, but after that I think I'm done. I'm glad I had as many kids as I did when I was young and everything worked right.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo