Community post

Discussion

Any Military TTC Families?

View Full Post

A bit about me:
DH and I were TTC for 5 yrs before we got our 1st ever with our son; John will be 2 this September. DH went back on active duty in the US Army in January 2014, and we started TTC again then (DS was only 4 mo when we started TTC, since it took so long with him.) I have PCOS and DH has low sperm volume but the count, morphology, and motility were good. TTC one mo on Metformin alone, 6 mo on Clomid (increasing doses from 50 mg to 100 mg), 1 mo on Soy Isoflavones, then 1 mo (last cycle before DH left) I had an HSG and took Femara. Had a CP in May and July 2014, but nothing else. In September our TTC train came to a screeching halt for obvious reasons (kinda hard to make a baby with Daddy over 3,000 miles away!) Well.... DH is coming home in THREE DAYS!!! My next cycle is supposed to start on 10 June, and I've already got a 6 month prescription for Femara, my OPKs, my HPTs, and I've dusted off my thermometer to chart my BBT. I think I'm going to wait a cycle before delving into the BBT insanity though. Praying hard for a quick and a

Are there any other military TTC-ers out there who can relate and/or anyone who's DH has to go away on business for extended periods of time??

Linda

133 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

81 - 90 of 133 Replies | Last Page

I'm definitely sending the baby dust your way, girl! I've heard, after getting your +OPK, you shouldn't test anymore because it will make you crazy. Maybe the back and forth of reads is why... I never used them and now I'm glad, I had plenty to make myself crazy with. I'm sorry to hear you've been running yourself ragged. Getting everything settled back in isn't fun, especially when dragging a little one along. Luckily, we had a designated person to help us thru. I couldn't have survived our first deployment without her trusty checklist but it becomes habit after that. Having them home makes the hassle (mostly) worth it. Lol. Have y'all moved using the military's help yet?

As for Casa McDaniel, DH is already in panic mode. He has worked eleven of the last twelve days and has maybe a total of fifteen hours of sleep this week. He's so worried about saving up some money before the baby gets here. Fortunately (I'd never say this to his face), if I just let him run with it, his logical side will eventually catch up with him and he'll calm down. In the meantime, we have decided I will go ahead with our plan to try a VBAC in March, push back our Disney trip until summer break starts in May, and give me a bit more time to heal up. I'm so glad now we bought a bigger house so I can have a nursery without anyone else having to give up their space. This baby will hopefully mesh perfectly with the rest of the family and there will be love abounding.

User Image

8 years ago

Super exciting, Amanda! I bet you are right, your husband will only be able to keep that up for so long. And I think you are pretty wise to say nothing to him about it, and let him burn himself out and back to reality.

8 years ago

Yeah, after eight years, I've learned that broaching many subjects just exacerbates things. Besides, if he's scared, he figures I must be scared too and switches into protector mode so he's been a little more attentive than usual. Most of the time, he has entirely too much faith in my ability to manage everything so a little spoiling is a nice treat.

User Image

8 years ago

Amanda --> I agree. He'll spin himself out in a few weeks after the "newness" of the pregnancy wears off.

I<3Kids--> How are things in your neck of the woods?

Linda

8 years ago • Post starter

Sorry for the short reply last night; DH and I had been fighting over stupid crap ALL evening and we had finally "made up" enough to sit in the same room with one another. I didn't wanna push it by sitting on my tablet the whole time our movie was playing. Took DH and DS for haircuts yesterday at the Korean barber shop; I have such handsome men in my life! Not sure what today is going to bring, but I hope it's no more fighting. No doubt the majority of the fault rests with me; I'm a hormonal mess and in NO mood for his bullsh!t the last few days! He DID make me an awesome steak yesterday morning, though! 4 dpo for me today! It's probably 5 dpo truthfully, but I manually overrode FF to show that I O'd on CD 12 instead of CD 11, just to give myself an extra day to cook before I start POAS!

all around!!!!

Linda

I'm doing really well over here! I'm 6-7 dpo, but I don't know because I lost count. I wasn't recording things well while at the cottage. We came home to do laundry and we leave again today to go back for the rest of the week. Then off to Boston to catch a game with just the two of us.

I try hard not to get too hopeful, but I really do hope that this month we will get pregnant because I don't want to do injections again.

One more week and then back to reality.

8 years ago

I <3 Kids: You are so much stronger than I am to take injections for fertility. I'm such a sissy for needles, always have been. My sister-in-law is doing it too for her second and third retrieval for IVF, she's my hero.

Linda: I hear you on the hormonal thing but try to play nice. Men are totally clueless and it's almost unsporting to target them, even when their thoughtless asses deserve it. Haha!

User Image

8 years ago

So I've had 5 Inverness blue dye tests, and with FRER. I'm super early at 8-9 dpo, so everyone says not to get too upset about the Even though all of them have turned up within about 3 minutes, I can't bring myself to call them true positives until I get one with another test. Ugh!! I positively HATE the TTC insanity! This cycle most of all!! I can't upload a pic for myself because my phone hates CTP. Had a friend upload it; gonna try to snag a copy!

Linda

User Image

This was this morning's test. If you can zoom in, you'd see it much more clearly. I have an idea on how to get yesterday's tests uploaded!

Linda

I give up. Pretty sure that this month was ANOTHER chemical. 12 and now they're Idk when I've wanted to show up as bad as I do right now. I'm going to go in tomorrow and have a quantitative blood test done. I guess if my levels are at 0 I'll stop the progesterone. No point anymore, right?

Linda

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo