Community post

Discussion

Any Military TTC Families?

View Full Post

A bit about me:
DH and I were TTC for 5 yrs before we got our 1st ever with our son; John will be 2 this September. DH went back on active duty in the US Army in January 2014, and we started TTC again then (DS was only 4 mo when we started TTC, since it took so long with him.) I have PCOS and DH has low sperm volume but the count, morphology, and motility were good. TTC one mo on Metformin alone, 6 mo on Clomid (increasing doses from 50 mg to 100 mg), 1 mo on Soy Isoflavones, then 1 mo (last cycle before DH left) I had an HSG and took Femara. Had a CP in May and July 2014, but nothing else. In September our TTC train came to a screeching halt for obvious reasons (kinda hard to make a baby with Daddy over 3,000 miles away!) Well.... DH is coming home in THREE DAYS!!! My next cycle is supposed to start on 10 June, and I've already got a 6 month prescription for Femara, my OPKs, my HPTs, and I've dusted off my thermometer to chart my BBT. I think I'm going to wait a cycle before delving into the BBT insanity though. Praying hard for a quick and a

Are there any other military TTC-ers out there who can relate and/or anyone who's DH has to go away on business for extended periods of time??

Linda

133 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 133 Replies | Last Page

Um, your ex-husband did WHAT?!? You poor thing! Surely it wasn't intentional! And, if it was, did you high five him in the face with a bat?? Bless your heart! You deserve a more than anyone I know with all that, plus a baby and a military spouse. I'm over here just whining about my hormone problems like you don't have enough going on. Lol!

But I need to start using the OPKs next cycle, I guess. If they're as reliable as all my current methods I'll never know when I ovulate. Buahaha! But I started letting my thoughts wander because I had a random, shortlived sore throat and I still have a stuffy nose so I dared to dream. Now I keep having the oddest little cramps like I might be considering having AF soon but that would be my shortest luteal phase to date. Not good for conceiving but at least I'd know my cycle is back on track.

User Image

8 years ago

What CD are you on today?

Yeah, my ex was an ass. I put up with his crap for 2 years, but then had him arrested and left the state; haven't been back to NC since. So I decided to do an extended 10 day regimen of Femara this cycle, since I've seen such good research vs the 5 day regimen. Took my last pill today. My right ovary started cramping like a bitch about a half hour ago. Still a -OPK, but I'm hoping it'll be + tomorrow or the next day! I know the cramping is a good sign! I've just never had cramping BEFORE I O'd, ya know? And I know I didn't miss my surge, because I've been testing twice a day.

Are you gonna cave and POAS???

Linda

8 years ago • Post starter

My ex fiancé was an ass too but the worst (and best) thing he ever did was cheat. Then again, I have four older brothers and a professional hunter for a father so I doubt any guys around here would be stupid enough to leave a mark on me physically. I'm sorry, sugar. I'm glad you got out.

But I'm on CD38 and 7-8dpo. It was a late ovulation, if I O'd at all. No, I won't POAS. If I don't get my period, I'm sure they'll do a urine test and tell me it's at my appointment. I only take a test if I have symptoms, I haven't even bought any since last cycle. None in the house to even tempt me. I'm definitely not an addict, I just have no faith that it'll happen for me. I used to, had all the hope in the world, but now I'm pretty sure, if it happens at all, it'll only be with medical intervention. How sad is that?? And I'm so damn tired tonight that I'm thinking my thyroid medicine dosage is too high since my weight loss that I'm probably hyperthyroid now, which has the same symptoms including infertility. But I did get some good news that my sister-in-law is having her egg retrieval done this weekend for their second round of IVF so we should know by September if it took. Please say a prayer for them. They deserve it and it'd probably be the second happiest to me having a baby of my own.

User Image

8 years ago

Awww, happy for your sister! I have a friend who's going through the IVF process, but so far no luck! I'm a total POAS addict. I didn't used to be, but the more research I did into the process the more hands on I've gotten. I wish I had your reserve about things.

Linda

I think the trick is for me that I stay super involved in the trying. BBT tracking, CM tracking, BDing like crazy, Pre-seed, laying still in bed afterwards for hours, plus a baby-encouraging lifestyle that, by the time my long-ass cycle is wrapping up, I'm pretty burnt out. Last cycle I felt pregnant so I tested twice (once on AF day when she didn't show and then the morning of my doctor's appointment). I was so sure. This month I'm sure I'm not. I had quite a bit of cramping last night so maybe the witch is on her way. A healthy period is the next best thing for me right now. But how're you? Anything new to report?

User Image

8 years ago

Honestly, I'm not sure! I had what I would've called a "faint +OPK" last night with a Dollar Store test, but the IC was barely visible. Just tested again, and the Dollar Store test was lighter, but the IC was definitely a bit darker. I've been cramping off and on all night on the right side. Last few months we were TTC, I had the cramping right WHEN I O'd, not before. So if I haven't O'd yet, then this is a strange cycle. Maybe I O'd late last night?? Or maybe I'm still gearing up for it? Idk. If I O'd last night I'll be surprised; it was only CD 11 for me. I usually don't O until CD 14-15. This WAS the 1st cycle I did 10 days of Femara though, so who knows. I'll take another OPK later on this afternoon.

You lie in bed for 2 hours?! Wow! I'm doing good if I get to lie there for 10 minutes! That's why I started using the Softcups. I love them; they kinda weird DH out a bit though!

Linda

Girl, your struggle is exactly why I'm so nervous to even try OPKs. I already second guess the existence of my ovulation, I hardly want to spend hours in the bathroom with my tablet trying to decipher a pee test... Lol! I overanalyze everything, I just know I'm going to make myself nuts... But I have got to do as much as I can, we really want that second child. Does Femara mess with your ovulation? I'd think it'd make it stronger to help your odds, if it did anything, maybe even lengthen your luteal phase. So you may O early to give little beans a better chance to dig in.

Lol! My husband works nights at the hospital when he's not working at the base so he gets home around 6 a.m. or, if he's at the base, we BD at night. I make sure I go to the bathroom beforehand then, after, I just go to sleep. I need to try the soft cups because I'm currently using the disgusting method of a towel under my behind and my Cagle muscles (spell?) on duty. I don't get much sleep because I try my best not to move. Where can I get soft cups? Are they at my drug store or do I have to order them online? I'm going to stock up on them and OPKs as soon as AF shows up. I cramped well into the night last night but it has since stopped and no bleeding just yet. I'm only 10dpo so I still probably have some time. She's a sadist who loves to make me suffer...

User Image

8 years ago

The only place I've found the Softcups locally is at Walgreens, but I'm sure CVS or Rite Aid would have them too. They come with 12 in them, but I don't remember exactly how much they are. I'm thinking around $10? Best thing about them? You can wear them safely for 12 hours. Ya keep them next to your bed, Put one in right after sex, put your panties back on, and then go to sleep. The cup keeps the sperm right up next to your cervix! It'll take a few times to get them in right, but it's so worth it to me. Just try not to forget to take them out around 12 hours later; you literally can't feel them, so I've forgotten mine a few times and didn't realize it until about 18 hours later! They're actually meant for your period. I haven't tried them for that, but I've thought about it. Welp, the Tiny Tyrant is in his bed so I think I shall try to get a shower before DH comes home on lunch!

Linda

Yeah. So I was sitting in the recliner neckid when he got home for lunch. Ya know what he said?? Said he "doesn't feel like it" because he "doesn't have much time" and that he was a "sweaty swamp rat." Are you effing kidding me?!

Linda

...What would soft cups do for your period?? Like, tampon alternatives??

And he said no?? Men suck. It has happened more than once to all of us. Did you tell him to make his own damn lunch?? Lol!

User Image

8 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo