Community post

Discussion

Any Military TTC Families?

View Full Post

A bit about me:
DH and I were TTC for 5 yrs before we got our 1st ever with our son; John will be 2 this September. DH went back on active duty in the US Army in January 2014, and we started TTC again then (DS was only 4 mo when we started TTC, since it took so long with him.) I have PCOS and DH has low sperm volume but the count, morphology, and motility were good. TTC one mo on Metformin alone, 6 mo on Clomid (increasing doses from 50 mg to 100 mg), 1 mo on Soy Isoflavones, then 1 mo (last cycle before DH left) I had an HSG and took Femara. Had a CP in May and July 2014, but nothing else. In September our TTC train came to a screeching halt for obvious reasons (kinda hard to make a baby with Daddy over 3,000 miles away!) Well.... DH is coming home in THREE DAYS!!! My next cycle is supposed to start on 10 June, and I've already got a 6 month prescription for Femara, my OPKs, my HPTs, and I've dusted off my thermometer to chart my BBT. I think I'm going to wait a cycle before delving into the BBT insanity though. Praying hard for a quick and a

Are there any other military TTC-ers out there who can relate and/or anyone who's DH has to go away on business for extended periods of time??

Linda

133 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

101 - 110 of 133 Replies | Last Page

But I figured after 2 solid months we would be completely settled in and "used to" one another again. I guess I never remember Mom and Daddy having these kinds of issues. We got a lot of talking done last night. John is staying with my Mom and niece tonight to give us a "date night" so I'm thinking we may try to get some more talking in without having the Tiny Tyrant as a distraction.
I think what I really need more than anything right now is some respite care. Just some time away from John without having to feel like I need to rush home. But he doesn't do well away from me, and so even when I have my Mom or Mindy watch him, I am always wondering if he's being a rotten pain in the hiney. I love my son. I do. He's the reason I draw breath. But he makes me TIRED, both physically and emotionally.

Linda

8 years ago • Post starter

I<3Kids: So far, there doesn’t seem to be a magic food for me. If I don’t get nauseated, I usually still get a stomachache from my backed up system or from eating too much at one (tiny meals are my next try…). I didn’t have anything like this with my son so it’s an educational experience…

Linda: I’m sure a lot of John’s tantrums just come from frustration. Highly functioning autism usually means they’re really smart but still have trouble expressing themselves. I’m sorry you and Matt have been butting heads, I’m sure you’re both at your wit’s end and worried about doing the right thing for your son. If he’s anything like my husband (which we’ve already seen he is in a lot of ways), he probably doesn’t feel like there is anything wrong with his boy and wants to hear someone agree with him. They usually aren’t as accepting of their baby’s having challenges as we are, not that we like it by any means. Also, I couldn’t imagine wanting another child and my spouse not being behind it, as well as vice versa. You have to get him onboard. Or, if he refuses, maybe try meditation or an anti-depressant to just calm your nerves until things calm down. If it is just your hormones, I have no idea… I’ve been fighting to balance mine for years with no success and decided I couldn’t wait forever… After deployment settling is definitely hard. It took almost six months after our first to get it down and it’s mostly about faking it until we make it now. I wish I could be of more help.

User Image

8 years ago

That does help! And since that last fight we've been getting along swimmingly. I think we're going to keep TTC, at least as long as I can mentally handle it. It makes me feel like a loser to be getting so stressed out over something as simple as TTC, but for those of us who don't get pregnant easily it seems as if TTC isn't so simple! I'm taking a different approach with it this month. 10 day Femara regimen; my last dose is tomorrow. I'm using the Advanced Digital OPK until I get my PEAK reading and then putting it away. I'm going to wait 3 days after I get PEAK and then I'm going to start the progesterone. That's it. No temping or charting my BBT, no POAS every five minutes. I actually only have one hpt in the house and that's a Clearblue Advanced Digital - and I know I won't be wasting that one since it costs a fortune to replace! I've just gotta relax about this. There's so much in my life right now that I have NO control over. And honestly - I really have no control over this, either. So I've done what I can, and now it's time to leave it in God's hands. I'm still going to meet Him in the middle by using the progesterone and that kinda stuff, but obsessing over it has only made my life MORE crazy. ATM, I'm nursing a tummy bug. I've been in the bathroom 5 times since 2:45 this morning, and I'm just now starting to feel better. Haven't tossed my cookies, but sure wish I could have. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Linda

Linda, that is a great idea!!! Relaxing may be the ticket to your BFP, and even if it isn't, it sounds like you will be less obsessed. Which in itself may be enough to alleviate anxiety that is causing you pain.

I hope that you feel better this month!! Or have morning sickness ;)

8 years ago

Thanks! Starting to feel a tiny bit better. A little crampy on the left side. About to head to bed. Night all.

Linda

Linda, I'm glad we guys are back to getting along. I'm all alone with DS this week while DH is gone for yearly training. It's too quiet in my house...

User Image

8 years ago

Hi Ladies

It's been a while! Amanda, how are you feeling? Linda, what's going on with you?

AFM, I am on CD 7 and have been doing injections for 5 days. I had my first ultrasound this morning and things are looking very positive! My husband leaves Monday morning for over 2 weeks. BUT (bless the CF) they have a staff car waiting for him for when they have us ovulate so that he can do his part for the IUI.

8 years ago

I<3kids --> That's AWESOME! I can't imagine DH being in a unit that compassionate and willing to work around our fertility journey!

Things here at Fort Hood have been pretty much business as usual. I had a GREAT ovulation this month; progesterone was the highest it's ever been at a 25.2!!! About mid TWW I started getting some terribly sore boobs, and the only thing I could liken them to is preggo boobs. They hurt THAT badly. And slowly but surely, they've been getting less and less sore for the last few days. is due tomorrow and while I know that there's virtually no hope now, I'm still secretly praying for I actually O'd a week later the cycle I fell pregger with Bubby, so I'm praying that's what all that strange soreness was about, and that there's still a shot. But considering I got this yesterday:
User Image
I'm not really holding my breath. I really thought that with an O that strong, we'd get our but as you can see, that didn't happen. Ugh.

Linda

I'm sorry about your negative test. Seeing that is so disappointing.

8 years ago

I can't imagine we are the only three on this entire site that are military! Are there any others out there?

2frsty, how are you doing?

Amanda, how much longer do you have?

AFM, I am nearing 8 weeks along and feeling pretty good. We were incredibly shocked when the last IUI worked, but we are incredibly grateful too.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo