Community post

Discussion

Any Military TTC Families?

A bit about me:
DH and I were TTC for 5 yrs before we got our 1st ever with our son; John will be 2 this September. DH went back on active duty in the US Army in January 2014, and we started TTC again then (DS was only 4 mo when we started TTC, since it took so long with him.) I have PCOS and DH has low sperm volume but the count, morphology, and motility were good. TTC one mo on Metformin alone, 6 mo on Clomid (increasing doses from 50 mg to 100 mg), 1 mo on Soy Isoflavones, then 1 mo (last cycle before DH left) I had an HSG and took Femara. Had a CP in May and July 2014, but nothing else. In September our TTC train came to a screeching halt for obvious reasons (kinda hard to make a baby with Daddy over 3,000 miles away!) Well.... DH is coming home in THREE DAYS!!! My next cycle is supposed to start on 10 June, and I've already got a 6 month prescription for Femara, my OPKs, my HPTs, and I've dusted off my thermometer to chart my BBT. I think I'm going to wait a cycle before delving into the BBT insanity though. Praying hard for a quick and a

Are there any other military TTC-ers out there who can relate and/or anyone who's DH has to go away on business for extended periods of time??

Linda

133 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 133 Replies | Last Page

Yes, ma'am! My husband is an Aeromedical Evacuation Technician (flight medic) with the Air Force. Luckily, we weren't TTC while he was in Germany last year but we also have one son who's four and we've been trying to conceive since January with no luck. No problems (that we know of) on his end but I've had multiple issues with my endocrine system that seems to be giving us trouble. Congratulations on his homecoming! I know you must be crawling in your skin right now to have him back in your arms! It's a feeling many civilians can't relate to. Was it a long deployment? Our last separation was only four months, they called it a mobilization but only so he could be back in the bucket for deployment sooner.

User Image

8 years ago

Amanda--> I'm sorry it has been so long since your post; DH comes home tonight at 11:00 pm, and I've been working around mine and my mother's house line a mad woman to keep myself busy! His deployment was only 9 months long, so relatively short as deployments go. AF is due the 10th of June (+/- a day) so I'm looking forward to TTC again. Why? I have no idea. It makes me a crazy person. But since we've got so much going on this month, I'm going to try to not stress it too much. Coincidently, I'm supposed to O the day after his company's Welcome Home ball and I've got a sitter for the whole night! I have one for tonight as well (my niece is keeping DS for me at my Mom's both nights.) I'm so excited, but nervous too. Excited because it's the 1st night I've had with him all alone since before my son was born 21 months ago, but nervous because it's been so long; he's lost 25 pounds and has toned up, and I've put on 10. I'm sure everything will work out. How's things going on your end? You in the dreaded TWW?

Linda

8 years ago • Post starter

Agh, I'm getting excited for you! Is this your first deployment? I can't wait until I have nieces old enough to babysit. Lol! Other than being alone, do you have any special plans? P.S. Don't worry about 10lbs. It has been nine months and he gets to see you naked, he'll still think you're the prettiest thing on the planet (when my hubs came home from basic, I was seven months pregnant and he'd dropped thirty pounds...didn't slow him down one bit). But I'm sending lots of baby dust your way. Hopefully you get a lifelong reminder of how happy you were to be reunited tonight. Haha!

*TMI Alert* As for me, I'm not sure where I am. Last cycle, I didn't get my period (which my cycles are long and irregular anyway) so the doctor gave me progesterone to jumpstart it. I wasn't sure when or if I would O so I started temping. Usually my CM is a dead giveaway to ovulation but I wanted to be sure. My BBT had a small spike that started last weekend and is now coming back down but it wasn't the kind of big spike I would expect on ovulation and my CM has just stayed watery, rather than get thick and sticky. We BD'd every other night from the day after my period to this past Monday and then BD'd every night but last night. DH thinks I could have just missed the CM caught up in various other fluids but I'm not so sure. So my ticker is misleading. Lol. My luck, I'll have to go back to the doctor again.

User Image

8 years ago

Amanda--> How are things looking?? I rarely check my CM, as it rarely changes. I've only had EWCM once or twice ever; a common thing for ladies with PCOS, or so I've been told.

Guess what?? DH IS HOME!!!! He came in Saturday night! They held a short ceremony at 12:45 am and then they were released! I was all dolled up in a corset, torn up jeans and black calf high boots, with hair and makeup perfect! It was a GREAT night! TMI, but things got a little more "animated" than usual, and I tore pretty badly on the inside. I called the Dr, and after 9 months it's pretty common apparently. So we haven't been able to BD again and DH feels just awful, but I'll be OK! AF showed up yesterday, and this month she is being a real b*tch. Cramping, and bleeding like I haven't done since right after I had DS. And because of the tearing, I'm stuck with pads the whole cycle. I hate these damn things! But it's all good. I started my Metformin and Femara today. I think I'm gonna try a long 10 day cycle of Femara; I've seen some very promising research about the longer doses. So on to TTC we go!

Linda

Girl! The same thing happens to me every time he's gone more than a month. I either tear or get friction burn! Buahahaha! At least it's over AF's visit so you can knock it all out at once. Lol! And a corset top?!? You were just asking for it!!! Anyway... Ha! Is Femara a prescription? We're taking our next cycle off so I'm going to go talk to my GYN about my fertility. Thank Heaven my CM indicated the big O today (CD29 because my body hates me) and we've been BDing like bunnies. Have you tried the Pre-Seed? It's a lube and might serve two purposes (preventing tearing...). This is our first cycle using it and, if nothing else, it helps keep me intact. DH has been unusually animated this cycle himself (usually he complains after about two weeks) and won't let me quit. We're up to more than a dozen times since CD eight or nine so I've got my fingers crossed! P.S. He'll totally take all the credit now if we get pregnant this cycle...

User Image

8 years ago

I have used it, and I it! It's the 1st lube I've ever tried that isn't all sticky and nasty! DH doesn't like any lube at all, but after all this mess I've already told him we're going to use it. I also use Soft Cups as well around O time. I those things! It's great - all the fun of BD without the mess afterwards! And as soon as AF moves out, I'll start taking my EPO too. Anything and everything I can do to get this show on the road! I don't think I'm gonna chart my BBT this cycle though; I don't want/need the added stress with the post-deployment transitions. Not to mention that we're going to leave the 27th for 17 days; I'm NOT trying to drive myself up a tree with that crap in and out of hotel rooms! Super excited for your bunny this cycle! My DH takes all the credit for our DS, too. He says he has SUPER SPERM!

Linda

Super sperm! Lol! That must be something they teach in the military because DH says the same thing! That's too funny. Okay, I know nothing about soft cups... It sounds like I need to research because the mess is the worst part. Where do you get them, online? And BBT is turning out to be more frustrating than helpful. Since we often BD when he gets home at 6 a.m., I'm taking my temp then before I do any activity. But then weekends or when he's working days, I've still got an alarm set for 6 a.m. because you're supposed to take it around the same time. As a result, I have dates missing where I overslept or he came home early or fairly crappy readings because I do it orally. A friend on here recommended I start temping vaginally (like she doesn't have enough going on already) so I'm going to try that after this cycle if all this effort doesn't take. DH sent me a text last night that said for me to be ready because he was making a baby. I asked him what if he fails. He wrote back my new favorite words:

"FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION"

User Image

8 years ago

Hey, girl! Anything new??

User Image

8 years ago

I'm so sorry I haven't replied sooner! God, I'd forgotten how involved it is having a man living here! So you've been through deployments, right? I just wanna make sure my husband isn't a freak of nature; does you house go from immaculate to utterly trashed in no time flat when he comes home?? I can't stand this!! He hasn't unpacked a freakin' thing!!! And what HAS been unpacked was done by yours truly! And NEEDY! Lord, how do they SURVIVE without us? And all we've done is fuss at one another over this or that stupid little thing. *sigh* It'll get better I'm sure. End rant.

Other than that, things are going swimmingly! We haven't been able to BD as much as we probably should be to get back into the TTC swing of things, for two reasons. 1) The first time we did things got a little "rougher" than usual and I tore a good bit on the inside, and 2) I forgot about my husband's 8:00 bedtime. Not even kidding. Since DH has been home, my toddler has been staying up until 10:00 every night, so there's not much time for US. Hoping for some good lunch nookie when O gets a little closer! I've decided to do the extended dose of the Femara/Letrozole; it's 2.5 mg for 10 days instead of the usual 5. The research I've seen has shown some promising results from the extended regimen. Nowhere near O though. It would be good if it pushed out a few days. showed up 2 days after DH got home (another reason for the lack of BD-ing) so that moved my expected O date up; if I can extend it a bit, that'll put timing perfect for baby making the night of his Welcome Home ball, when I'll have a sitter the WHOLE night!

How's things on your end? How's that super sperm working out for ya this cycle?

Linda

So I just CTP stalked your page, and I must say: You've got a beautiful family! DH is a hottie, and so is the LO! Good job, lady!!

Linda

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo