Community post

Discussion

TTC After An Ectopic Pregnancy

On October 15th of 2014 I found out I was finally pregnancy at 4 & 1/2 weeks. My husband and I were so happy to plan for a future as a family. Unfortunately I began to experience severe abdominal cramping with heavy bleeding and quickly went to my OB clinic with worry. On October 20th , 2014 we found out our embryo was growing within my right Fallopian tube due to obstruction of the tube caused by a large ovarian cyst that was the size of my right ovary. On October 30th, 2014 my right Fallopian tube with the embryo and half of my right ovary was removed. I feared I would never get pregnant again but the OB assured me that it is possible to become pregnant again after an ectopic but the chance of another ectopic is increased.

My husband and I decided to go ahead and try again (in December) 2 months after the procedure and we took the healthy route. I quit drinking soda and he quit smoking cigarettes. Its been 3 months since we began TTC but each cycle AF came back. I am worried I am still ovulating from the right ovary but with no right Fallopian tube to travel through. Sometimes I wish my OB had removed my entire right ovary so that my left ovary would take over.

A few questions I'd like to ask are:

Is it possible for the left tube to pick up an egg from the right ovary?
Is dry cervical fluid OK soon after ovulation?
What's the earliest DPO someone has gotten a positive PG test?

*My little seed,* *Come find your home,* *Live within me,* *In my womb.* *Grow my precious seed,* *Into a baby to be.* *I yearn to feel you move,* *And kick within me.* *I'll soon await your arrival,* *No matter how long it will be.* *My baby, my love,* *You will soon be with me.* ~*Victoria*~

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

i know how you feel. i found out i was pregnant august 2014 and in september i found out it was an ectopic pregnancy. had left tube removed. you WILL get pregnant again...im proof! i am 9 weeks pregnant now. we waited 4 months to try to conceive to give my body time to heal. just so you know, if you do get pregnant within 6 months of the surgery you will feel pains in early pregnancy that feel like ectopic pains that may freak you out. just know its normal because everything is still healing. i went to ER and doc so many times becase of it but now glad to say everything is fine.
The left tube CAN pick up from the right ovary its actually pretty common to happen. it may take a little longer to get pregnant because of the ovary issue but you have to relax! easier said than done i know..but its difficult to get pregnant when youre stressed. without ectopic history it can take people a year to get pregnant, so taking a little time now isnt a big deal. again, just try to relax and let it happen naturally. dont track ovulation by temping or anything. have sex 3 times per week and only track your periods. minimize stress. my moms doc from like 40 years ago said that think of it as stress killing sperm. she couldnt get pregnant, he told her go on vacation, she went and right when she came back had her BFP.
i got my BFP at 11DPO. at 10DPO it was a clear negative, at 11DPO it was super faint and appeared several minutes later and almost looked like evap. at 12DPO it was still faint but could clearly see the hint of pink.

9 years ago

Thank you so much, ttc123456789, for the reply!

I've done so much web searching about pregnancies after an Ectopic but I always came across forums with constant (same) questions over and over rather then answers. It's been a frustrating road trying to get answers. It makes me feel better about TTC when I hear others success stories after an Ectopic.

Anyhow, I have been experiencing pretty bad cramps that almost resemble the Ectopic I had. I never thought it would still hurt just to become pregnant after I had my tube removed. My cervical fluid starting to pick up now but at a more sticky state. And my cervix is so high now I can't reach it anymore, which is strange considering my cervix was almost always low 1 week before AF. I am praying for baby dust every day, hoping that this is finally it.

About the BBT, I have been using it but I haven't really took it into consideration as a way to conceive but I did see that it has been pretty close to my mide cycle, indicating an ovulation increase. No matter what it explained we still did the deed 2 days before, 2 days during, and 2 days after ovulation but skipped a day between to keep sperm levels even.

Unfortunately when it comes to sex it's not so easy for me as I've been diagnosed with unknown pelvic pain so it hurts most of the time making it hard to climax. This is why we have been using the natural lubrication called preseed. Because of this pelvic pain we don't have sex often enough to do it 3 times a week, but I make sure it's done the week of ovulation. Just in case you're wondering, my husband does get some sort of pleasure because I won't make him wait. Lol

With that said, I am an open minded person and not afraid to talk about my sexual relationship. I beleive talking to someone who has suffered the same losses helps with coping. Thanks again for the reply, it meant a lot! :)

Congrats on your pregnancy by the way! :D

*My little seed,* *Come find your home,* *Live within me,* *In my womb.* *Grow my precious seed,* *Into a baby to be.* *I yearn to feel you move,* *And kick within me.* *I'll soon await your arrival,* *No matter how long it will be.* *My baby, my love,* *You will soon be with me.* ~*Victoria*~

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo