Community post

Discussion

June/July IVF buddies?

View Full Post

Anyone starting IVF soon or starting IVF again? This is my first cycle trying it and am looking for others to chat with during the process whether you are a first timer like me or you could practically get an honorary doctorate in reproductive endocrinology because you know so much :-)

197 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

51 - 60 of 197 Replies | Last Page

so how are you doing? I'm doing ok, however I am still spotting and I don't understand why. I hope its normal and there isn't something wrong. I am still hoping that you get a positive.

10 years ago

so how are you doing? I'm doing ok, however I am still spotting and I don't understand why. I hope its normal and there isn't something wrong. I am still hoping that you get a positive.

10 years ago

I keep going back and forth. Maybe I am...I don't think I am. Girls at work in my classroom are trying to reassure me. They both said they had symptoms like pms and spotting. The red spotting only lasted a little while but still spotting brown. Idk...I didn't test this morning cause I don't want it to be negative but think it probably will be. Maybe I will test tomorrow before my beta on sat so I am prepared. Are you going to try naturally while waiting for the fet?

10 years ago • Post starter

I really hope you are, you didn't start a full blown period so that's promising. Good luck tomorrow

We cannot try naturally my husband was born with some weird thing, where he cannot produce sperm at all. So we have to use a donor and fertility treatments, no other way. I am still secretly hoping that one day we will have an oops.

I am still spotting which is crazy, and I feel like I am super moody, I don't know what's going on. I hope its just from stopping all the crazy medications. If it doesn't stop in a couple days I am going to email my clinic to see if its normal to spot for so long.

10 years ago

Well...it's a bfn. But I pretty much already knew that. Moving on to a fet. Hoping I can do it with my next cycle. How are you doing? I am looking forward to taking a little break from injections.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Although you already know, its still a hard blow to hear.

I just got back from a mini trip. I went away with my family for the last 4 days. It kept my mind off everything, of course there were a couple things that were said that hurt. Only my immediate family know the situation and we go up north with a couple of my uncles and aunts and a few cousins. So I was talking about getting ice cream and of course my Uncle said "what are you pregnant?" Of course innocently, but it was a hard comment to hear without wanting to cry. Then a cousin of mine was talking about his sister being due with her baby any day now and that she still smokes and drinks...just kills me. Oh well just something we deal with when going through infertility.

I don't know when I want to do our fet. I've been thinking about taking up a boxing class, and just not thinking about this for a few months. I'm just not sure, I seem to change my mind every other day.

How are you feeling?

10 years ago

I am feeling good although slightly stressed out from work. Only 4 days of summer school left. Really wish I had a job that ended when I left work instead of having to come home and grade papers and plan lessons. I got too used to being off for a month! I have a follow up appt on the 26th to plan the fet. Hopefully it won't be too much longer after that.

It sucks to hear about people getting pregnant and not really caring. I had two 16 yr old girls get pregnant last year and they both bragged about drinking and smoking the whole time (cigarettes and pot). One girl had her baby like 6 or 7 weeks early and the poor little thing was only 3 lbs. It makes me want to steal their children!

I am kind of glad that I made the choice to be really open about going through fertility treatments. Pretty much everyone knows. I think it has helped me to have a big support system whether the news is good or bad. Like how my coworkers understand when I have to duck out to the bathroom to cry because af showed up. Lol. And friends and family have been really great about breaking their pregnancy news to me gently. My one friend made sure she called me before she went public about it so I wouldn't be surprised by it. Everyone has been really understanding.

I hope you are doing well and are rested up from your vacation!

Hey

After hearing that you have a follow-up apt booked, I emailed the nurse I normally deal with because the one I talked to before told me to call in with my day 1 when I was ready. My nurse booked me a follow-up apt on August 21 to discuss the protocol. So I am now a little excited about that. I've been talking with my husband about when we want to try again and I think we will take a break from this. So we might try in October or November,unless the doctor recommends to do it sooner.

Now I am getting ready to be in a wedding on August 31, so that is keeping me busy. Did your clinic say anything about your cycle after failed ivf being different. I'm just curious because I had the spotting for like 5 days after my period and I'm wondering when I will get my next period. I forgot to ask my doctor or nurse.

10 years ago

Hey how are you? I just had my follow-up appointment today and I am going to go ahead and do the fet with my next period. My doctor suggested to do it in September, however we are going to do a natural cycle. I talked to him about the spotting I had and he agreed to switch me to prometirum and he said that he will prescribe a daily hcg shot after the transfer to help with that. I hope these changes will do the trick.

10 years ago

I was just lounging around and was gonna pop on to ask how your follow up went....question answered! So what does a natural cycle fet entail? What is the difference from a normal fet? I go in for my follow up tomorrow and I hope we can do the fet with the next cycle as well, af is due in about 11 days. I am really ready to get this show on the road again and get a bfp already!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo