Community post

Discussion

June/July IVF buddies?

View Full Post

Anyone starting IVF soon or starting IVF again? This is my first cycle trying it and am looking for others to chat with during the process whether you are a first timer like me or you could practically get an honorary doctorate in reproductive endocrinology because you know so much :-)

197 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

121 - 130 of 197 Replies | Last Page

Is the Beta the first bloodwork? That'll be this Thursday. What does that tell me?

Do the more aggressive drugs have more an effect on your mood/body? Curious because that'll be my next step if these don't take. Good luck to you!!

As for the snow -- Yes, we're located about 90 min west of King of Prussia (outside Philly) where the doc's main office/surgery center is -- so we had to drive down and then back in it, we got stuck behind the 50-car pileup I'm sure you heard about. Fortunately we were able to be re-routed off of an exit ramp and took a slow, snowy drive home.

10 years ago

First beta hcg test will tell you if you are prego or not. Although your test is pretty early especially since it was only a 3 day transfer right? It is probably just a progesterone and estrogen check. Are you on progesterone supplements now? I wouldn't think they would give you a beta until mid next week or so. And yes the more aggressive the drugs, the more follicles you produce and the greater the side effects (and risks).

10 years ago • Post starter

Oh, I wasn't familiar with the terminology of "beta." Yes, checking hormones this week. Next Thursday, pregnancy test.

Yes, I'm on progesterone supplements and estradiol.

10 years ago

so ssurra...... how are you feeling?

mnor...... how are things progressing for you?

10 years ago

Hi! I'm finally feeling like myself again! My bloating has gone down (pants are finally comfortable again), and my breasts have calmed down too, thank goodness.

Overall, feeling fine. Had my progesterone and estrogen checked today. Progesterone was normal, and estrogen was a bit high - in the 2,000s, but my NP asked how I was feeling and I told her great. She said they treat patients and not numbers, so we assume those numbers on on their way down.

1 week wait to go.

10 years ago

Okay ladies -- 2 more days 'til we find out! I've been good up until now, and suddenly it's all I can think about. Help!

10 years ago

Unfortunately I don't have much advice for you on this one :-( I would've peed on 8 hpts by now lol! I can't think about anything else during the wait for the beta either. Maybe go out and do something? Make 20 batches of christmas cookies? Haha. I don't even know if that would help me.

I had egg retrieval this morning. Got 24 eggs! Transfer will probably be Sunday and then I will be in the same boat! Good luck on your beta!

I refuse to buy any more HPTs! I can't stand the disappointment. Fortunately my tomorrow is super busy, so that will help. And Thursday after my bloodwork I work all day!

Wow!! Congrats on 24 eggs! That is terrific! Good luck on the transfer -- and enjoy some wine tomorrow and until then. :)

I MISS WINE!

10 years ago

Got a call nice and early this morning so I don't have to be on pins and needles all day. Out of 24 eggs retrieved, 19 were mature enough to go through icsi and 18 of the 19 fertilized and are looking good! So excited about these nunbers so far! Going to get an update tomorrow on how many are still chugging along and when the transfer will be. The embryologist said I should have plenty to let them all try to go to blast stage and do a 5dt on Sunday

That is wonderful news!! Very happy and excited for you! Those are incredibly numbers -- Way to go!

24 hours 'til pregnancy test! AArrghhh.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo