Community post

Discussion

June/July IVF buddies?

View Full Post

Anyone starting IVF soon or starting IVF again? This is my first cycle trying it and am looking for others to chat with during the process whether you are a first timer like me or you could practically get an honorary doctorate in reproductive endocrinology because you know so much :-)

197 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

111 - 120 of 197 Replies | Last Page

Thanks so much for the tip!

10 years ago

Okay, so I survived all the shots -- no real side effects, a couple days with headaches. Tonight I take my trigger, and retrieval is scheduled for Thursday!

QUESTION: For the love of god, can I have a beer or a glass of wine?

10 years ago

Lol. Yes you can have beer or wine up until transfer day unless you are on pain meds after retrieval...not a great combo. Glad you made it through and are ready for ER! I am starting to stim on Saturday. I am soooo ready!

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi ladies

sorry to away for so long, but since nothing is really happening for me right now I try to keep myself occupied with other things, but I like to check up and see how things are going.

welcome ssurra...it is really nice to talk to others that are going through all this infertility stuff. I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow. Did your doctor guess how many eggs they would retrieve?

mnor0406...I'm so happy that you are starting this Saturday and that you are so pumped for this cycle to get really going. I hope this is the one for you.

I am still anxiously waiting the new year, so that I can figure out what steps we will be taking next. In the mean time we have finished our adoption/fostering classes and I am feeling really good and happy with everything right now. I feel like the ball is totally in our court, if we like fostering maybe we will decide to continue fostering and just have our daughter, or maybe a baby will come along that we totally fall in love with and goes up for adoption or maybe we go back to the infertility treatment once the new technology is available at my clinic. So my future is so uncertain, but what I do know is that we will grow our family, we might have a unique family but it is our family and I am so looking forward to this next year.

10 years ago

Thanks, lilangel! I'm hoping they'll get about 10, but at my last appointment there were 7 mature, I think. My doc was surprised I was so slow to develop these and if this cycle doesn't work, she said she'll put me on a more aggressive medication schedule next cycle.

They did tell me they will let me know before we leave today how many eggs they retrieved. I'm really hoping for a day 5 transfer!

I'm not too nervous today, just missing coffee and food! My retrieval isn't until 11:15! Oh well.

10 years ago

ssurra.....how are you feeling? I hope you're starting to feel a little bit more like yourself. It took me a good 5 days before I was up and walking around normally. How did the retrieval go? Do you know how your embryos are doing? I hated waiting for reports on their progress. I hope everything is going well.

10 years ago

Aw, thank you lilangel, I'm doing pretty well, physically. The procedure was easy enough and while I felt pretty gross later that night from the bloating, I'm getting closer to normal.

Unfortunately my eggs didn't fare so well. They got 9, but only 3 fertilized normally. 3 had bad morphology, 2 were immature, and one was fertilized by tok many sperm. Of the three that fertilized, two have poor morphology and one has 3 cells today so I guess that's okay.

That said, I'm having the transfer tomorrow, if any are any good tomorrow morning.

At least this seems to somewhat solve the mystery of my infertility. We'll of course learn more as we go.

Thank you so much for checking in. It really means a lot.

10 years ago

Had the transfer yesterday (and somehow survived the drive home from Philadelphia). They transferred two embryos, one that rated a 1 and the other that was a 2 or 3 - both with 8 cells.

Enter TWW!

10 years ago

Congrats! I am so glad you had 2 good embryos to transfer yesterday! Luckily with ivf the tww is really only a 9 or 10 day wait. Are you scheduled for a beta already? The beta checks were the tough nerve-wracking wait for me. Hopefully it sticks and you have nice high betas that you won't have to worry about too much. Good luck!

I am anxiously awaiting my first u/s follicle check in the am. They started me out with much higher doses this time to try to get 15-20 mature eggs instead of the 11 I got last time. Hoping for some nice 10 mm or so follies so the ER will fall early next week or possibly this weekend! Last time at first check I had a bunch of 8-9 's.

Omg I just realized I was watching the detroit/eagles game yesterday! You got stuck in all that snow!?! Glad you made it home safe and sound it looked horrible! Made for an interesting to watch football game though...I normally don't watch. I am really hoping western ny doesn't get hit with snow at all this week during all my trips to the clinic!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo