Community post

Discussion

June/July IVF buddies?

View Full Post

Anyone starting IVF soon or starting IVF again? This is my first cycle trying it and am looking for others to chat with during the process whether you are a first timer like me or you could practically get an honorary doctorate in reproductive endocrinology because you know so much :-)

197 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

191 - 197 of 197 Replies

Hello all! I haven't chimed in for awhile so here is my update... I started stimming for ivf round 5 last Saturday and I went in for an u/s today and I was ready to trigger! Triggered tonight at 8pm and I go in for retrieval at 8am Monday morning. I have tons of follicles (25-30) so hoping to avoid ohss and transfer 3 embryos this time on Saturday. Can't believe this cycle went so fast!

I hope things are going well for all of you! Lilangel - I hope you get a good SA result and get matched for an adoption as well! Waitinggame - come on bfp! I am sending you positive thoughts always! Any news from anyone else?

9 years ago • Post starter

Fertilization report: out of 25 eggs retrieved yesterday 23 of them were mature and 21 fertilized. I will be going in for the 5dt of 3 embryos on Sat at 11!

lilangel - I have my beta on Friday. I'm trying not to test before then!! Really the only symptom I've been feeling are some period-like cramps. Hoping that is a good sign and not just from the progesterone! I'm feeling waves and hopefulness and waves of "it didn't work". Just trying to keep myself busy!

mnor - as I told you on our other thread... SO excited for you and those great fertilization #'s!!! I hope it's our month!!

9 years ago

mnor...those are fantastic numbers, I hope your transfer went well today.

thewaitinggame....How was your test yesterday?

I'm getting anxious to go see my doctor Monday, and see how the SA went and see what we should try next, if anything. I had some disheartening news yesterday from the adoption agency, that we probably wont be adopting next year, which is what we were assuming. Our actual adoption worker will be back on july7 so I'm going to talk to her then. I'm feeling just overall frustrated with all of it. I really hope we get good news Monday.

9 years ago

The transfer went well. After going back and forth over how many to transfer we settled on 3. Now we wait again...

Lilangel- what kind of adoption are you trying for? Infant, older, domestic, international?

lilangel - I'm pregnant!!! :) Beta came back at 214 or so on Friday and they said that's really strong, especially because they drew a day early! I had another draw this morning, so hopefully the # has more than doubled when we get the results this afternoon. My DH and I were just on cloud 9 all weekend :)

It is really unbelievable to me how complicated they make adoption in this country. There are so many orphaned children out there are so many willing families to take them in you would think it would be an easier process. I'm so sorry you guys are struggling with that. I hope you get some better news from the adoption worker this week!!

mnor - I'm sure you are going to start testing soon! Keep us posted!

9 years ago

thewaititnggame....Congratulations!!!! That is soo exciting, it is so nice to see someone on here become pregnant. Good luck to you in the next 9 months and enjoy every moment of it. It is quite amazing.

mnor....we are trying to adopt a child from birth to 3 years old from the public system in Ontario. We've been on the waiting list for 2 1/2 years already. A friend of mine that was going through fertility issues told us to get on the list when my daughter was about a year old, right after we tried a couple unsuccessful IUi's. She adopted her son about 31/2 years of being on the list and after years of failed fertility treatment.

We met with our doctor this morning and there is no change to my husbands sperm. He has zero. my doctor is going to refer us to a urologist, we did that 6 years ago and nothing really came of it, so not hopeful. However he did tell us that we should wait until 2015 to do another round of IVF because the government in Ontario is going to cover 1 round and that we would only have to pay for meds. So I guess we will save up again and we will try again next year. Hopefully in the meantime we will be able to start fostering in the fall and I am going to find out if we can get sperm from the same donor we used for my daughter.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo