Community post

Discussion

Odd cycle, when to test?

Hi there,

I'm new on here and hoping other ladies can give me the advice that I cannot find anywhere else on the net.

First, about me: I'm 35 and hoping to have baby #5, my kids are 16, 15, 11 and 8! It seems in the last 8 years a lot has changed as whereas I used to get pregnant at the drop of a hat, now it isn't quite as easy :s

My questions are: should I test, when should I test and what on earth is going on?

Background: I had an IUD which was removed May 2012, Sept 2012 I conceived but in Nov (after seeing a heart beat and everything) miscarried as baby did not implant properly (I conceived very late in my cycle which didn't help). I didn't know I was pregnant as I had my period/very heavy implantation bleeding. It took until Jan 2013 to complete the miscarriage (due to retained product). Now I'm back trying and I've had a funny cycle this month that has left me wondering if I might actually be pregnant... I'm not up with the lingo so if i stuff up on my AF/BFN etc.. apologies! Also sorry about TMI

I have a usually 28 day cycle and no idea about ovulation as yet and I'd normally bleed a good solid 4-5 days.

Mar 8 - AF
Apr 5 - due
Apr 6 - BFN
Apr 8 - light period (bright red)- tampon worthy but not very heavy bleeding for me and no clots (also unusual for me - sorry TMI).
Apr 9 - light period (bright red)- not tampon worthy.
Apr 10 - no bleeding but odd watery brown/pink CM - BFN
Apr 11 - just watery brown/pink CM - BFN
Apr 12 - sore boobs!- BFN but did have faint pos line after 10 min window (but that makes it a neg I believe)

boobs remain sore and increasingly so, exhausted and emotional!

Like I said, I'd love to be pregnant but my last pregnancy started with implantation around my period and bleeding which meant the baby didn't implant properly and I'm petrified it could be happening again... not sure I could cope with all that again :(

So, what do you think??

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

What was the outcome? :)

User Image TTC #3 After The Depo!

11 years ago

Negative! A similar thing has happened this month as I had another even lighter period... very confusing :(

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo