Community post

Discussion

Anyone find Clomid regulates their cycle?

My OB/GYN is recommending that I start clomid for my next cycle if I don't get my BFP this cycle...I am currently 3 dpo. I have very irregular cycles...in the last 3 cycles I ovulated on day 23 of a 36 dayc cycle, day 35 of 50 day cycle and I just recently ovulated on day 29 of what will prob be a 43 day cycle. I was hoping that Clomid would shorten my long cycle lengths but my OB/GYN said it may not. I will be taking it CD5-9 50mg. I read you should ovulate anywhere from 5-9 days after you last pills so that would be around cd 14-18. That would be early for me. Has anyone with irregular cycles found Clomid helps regulate?

User Image

2 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

YES!!!!

I took clomid (50 mg CD 5-9) in February but only did one cycle b/c I developed 2 cysts while on it. I ovulated on CD 21 while on clomid but like you I was all over the place before clomid. I am on my second post clomid cycle and ovulated around day 13 last cycle and on day 15 this cycle! Its like the one cycle of clomid pushed a "restart" button on my reproductive system! The cysts are NO FUN but worth it if I can get a BFP now that I'm more regular!

13 years ago

Yay TeacherToria...thanks. I know people have said they have had longer cycle like 30 instead of 28, but I would be so happy with that being I have had cycles length as long as 55 days. I am sorry about the cysts...I have go in around day 28 to check for ovarian hyperstimulation. Well maybe I will get my BFP this cycle and not have to take the Clomid next cycle. If not I could use a restart button myself...lol.

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo