Community post

Discussion

Does Clomid regulate cycles?

I have been ttc for 6 months now and I have only had 4 cycles. They were 55 days, 35 days, 36 days and 50 days. The first cycle I was under a lot of stress so I attributed that to delaying ovulation but I am not sure what happened this past month. I had lower back pain for two weeks and thought maybe that threw off ovulation. I believe in the past I was typically on a 35/36 day cycle. Anyway, I am going for bloodwork on Tues and then my gyno wants to start me on Clomid. Does anyone know if Clomid will help regulate my cycles closer to 28 day cycle?? I didn't ask my gyno the last time I saw her, because I overwhelmed with information. I am really hoping it will.

User Image

2 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi Melissa,

Yes, Clomid should regulate your cycle provided you respond well to it (most people do). it works by tricking your body into thinking it is not producing estrogen and it then goes into overdrive and triggers ovulation. On Clomid you could probably excpect about a 31/32 day cycle.

I am on my first cycle with clomid now, I took 100mg days 5-9. I'll tell you what . . . the side effects are . . . interesting I guess it is different for everyone, but I have had hot flashes, mood swings, insomnia and the weirdest of all . . . . I love/hate it . . . . massive massive sex drive like to the point of being distracted at work and loads of CM.

I hope Clomid does the trick for you

13 years ago

EvelynL,

Thanks so much for you reply. That would be great to have shorter cycle. I have heard that the side effects are interesting. Please let me know how this cycle goes for you.

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo