Community post

Discussion

January 2014 - New Years Babies Cycle Group!

Anyone out there still TTC their #1 baby but haven't yet? If you haven't conceived yet, chances are your baby will be born in 2014 if you began your cycle in April.

I am looking for Cycle Buddies that are also trying for a New Years Baby!

The kind of people that would be good for this Cycle Group would be anyone who had their cycle begin in April, as of April 1, or anyone that would have a due date as of January 1, 2014. Also, this is for people who have no children and this would be a first time baby!

A little introduction about yourself to begin, and please tell us what you are trying differently this cycle to conceive. How long have you already been trying? What have you already tried? What hasn't worked so far? What seems to be working? Do you have any fertility issues? How old are you? Are you married or just in a relationship with a significant other? Do you take any fertility medication?

I was thinking that if this really took off and we develop a full group, I would be willing to make a Google Spreadsheet of our stories and results, and also if there is enough people on Facebook, perhaps create a Secret invite only group for further discussion off this site, since for some of us, FB is a big time consumer, and combining it with our TTC effort on the side in secret could save a lot of flipping between two signs. What do you think about that?

For me to begin:
I am 34 years old, married to a DH who is 29 years old, and this will be a the first child for both of us. We began trying by stopping contraception in December 2012. Things really stepped up in January and by February I was taking my BBT and charting, learning about CM, CP, and Ferning tests. I became a member of a few sites, including CTP, FF, and BBC. On all those sites I am known by the nickname djpurity.

I chart on Countdown to Pregnancy and Fertility Friend and I have links to both in My Countdown Page, which is public. That basically tells the tale of my TTC adventure.

I am trying to get pregnant by May 2013, but I would prefer this month: April. I have usually 29 days in my cycle, but last month was my first 30 day cycle. I have a LP of either 13-15 days, depending on how you figure it. I usually don't count the day AF begins, so I would say 14 days, but CTP for some reason counts AF in that, so it says it is 15. So I seem to be healthy, although I am getting close to age 35.

My DH has had a "player" kind of past and has been able to get 5 females pregnant by accident, none of which were carried to term (either abortion or lifestyle victims), but he has given up that lifestyle and I believe we are in a monogamous and faithful marriage. But that means that he is very fertile, and I have NEVER been pregnant before in my life. His were accidents. I have had relationships since I was in middle school, and lost my virginity at age 15, but I never had any accidents my entire life. So I don't know if it is my fault or what in why we haven't had any luck since we began.

Okay, so that's my story, tell us about you! Let's support one another and everyone get their BFP this month and all have a New Years Baby for 2014!!

User Image User Image User Image User Image

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hello and nice to meet you. I am Ally, just turned 28 in March. DH is 31. We have been married since July 2012 and started TTC in September 2012. We got pregnant in October but miscarried in December. So now we have been trying again since January 2013 but so far nothing. AF just started today. So we are really hoping for our first child in January 2014! We have not been trying anything to help us conceive just trying to let it happen. The only thing I keep track of is my cycle dates but I am going to start temping this time. We have no known fertility issues and I'm hoping since we got pregnant so quickly the first time we will get pregnant again soon and have a healthy nine month pregnancy. My fear is that I will get pregnant again and have another miscarriage. It is good to know of other people that are TTC because I don't discuss this with anyone except the husband obviously. :) Good luck to you and hope we both get our new years babies!!!

11 years ago

P.S. I have no idea why the ticker says I am 12 DPO. I am on CD 1 today. Weird...

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo