Community post

Discussion

TTC a New Year 2014 Baby! Everyone Who's Trying for Jan 2014

Anyone out there still TTC their #1 baby but haven't yet? If you haven't conceived yet, chances are your baby will be born in 2014 if you began your cycle in April.

I am looking for Cycle Buddies that are also trying for a New Years Baby!

The kind of people that would be good for this Cycle Group would be anyone who had their cycle begin in April, as of April 1, or anyone that would have a due date as of January 1, 2014. Also, this is for people who have no children and this would be a first time baby!

A little introduction about yourself to begin, and please tell us what you are trying differently this cycle to conceive. How long have you already been trying? What have you already tried? What hasn't worked so far? What seems to be working? Do you have any fertility issues? How old are you? Are you married or just in a relationship with a significant other? Do you take any fertility medication?

I was thinking that if this really took off and we develop a full group, I would be willing to make a Google Spreadsheet of our stories and results, and also if there is enough people on Facebook, perhaps create a Secret invite only group for further discussion off this site, since for some of us, FB is a big time consumer, and combining it with our TTC effort on the side in secret could save a lot of flipping between two signs. What do you think about that?

For me to begin:
I am 34 years old, married to a DH who is 29 years old, and this will be a the first child for both of us. We began trying by stopping contraception in December 2012. Things really stepped up in January and by February I was taking my BBT and charting, learning about CM, CP, and Ferning tests. I became a member of a few sites, including CTP, FF, and BBC. On all those sites I am known by the nickname djpurity.

I chart on Countdown to Pregnancy and Fertility Friend and I have links to both in My Countdown Page, which is public. That basically tells the tale of my TTC adventure.

I am trying to get pregnant by May 2013, but I would prefer this month: April. I have usually 29 days in my cycle, but last month was my first 30 day cycle. I have a LP of either 13-15 days, depending on how you figure it. I usually don't count the day AF begins, so I would say 14 days, but CTP for some reason counts AF in that, so it says it is 15. So I seem to be healthy, although I am getting close to age 35.

My DH has had a "player" kind of past and has been able to get 5 females pregnant by accident, none of which were carried to term (either abortion or lifestyle victims), but he has given up that lifestyle and I believe we are in a monogamous and faithful marriage. But that means that he is very fertile, and I have NEVER been pregnant before in my life. His were accidents. I have had relationships since I was in middle school, and lost my virginity at age 15, but I never had any accidents my entire life. So I don't know if it is my fault or what in why we haven't had any luck since we began.

Okay, so that's my story, tell us about you! Let's support one another and everyone get their BFP this month and all have a New Years Baby for 2014!!

User Image User Image User Image User Image

9 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

Hello! If I were to conceive this cycle my due date would be January 2nd, is that okay? :)

11 years ago

Hello! I am 30 and DH just turned 38. We have been married since 2009 but have started TTC since Feb 2013. Never took birth control but was always careful as had so many work obligations and DH had just opened up his second business so we decided to take it slow. Regardless, we were able to conceive last month on our second cycle trying but unfortunately had a chemical at 4w5d so here we are trying for an early Jan baby.
I have been taking my BBT every morning for both hear cycles now and have used OPKs to detect ovulation even though I know it's around days 13-15 as I have a 28-29 day cycle.
That's my story....lets hope we get our BFPs this month and it sticks!!! I've heard that after chemicals you tend to be more fertile and that you are more likely to have a successful pregnancy but you never know what's in store for you..lets just keep hoping for a healthy pregnancy!

11 years ago

I love this post & the FB idea. It would definitely make it easier putting a face to a name. It is great talking to so many great ladies on here, but it is easy to confuse one story with the next unless I am talking to someone on a daily basis. It is almost like starting at square one over & over again!

As for me, I have been TTC since March 2013. I have been off the pill for about 3-4 years now in fear that it could deter me conceiving one day. I have been married since June 2012 to my college sweetheart. We are both 30, want 4 kids & are ready to get a move on things!

I would love to have multiples. I myself am a twin and twins run in my husband's family. I am concerned of how long it will take to have 4 pregnancies since I'm already 30 and would like them to be back to back. I am not scared of having a baby in diapers with one on the way.

Last month was not the best month to start TTC. My husband took me to Vegas for my 30th, and it definitely interfered with my AF. It is usually only 5 days, however, I had AF for 5 days and spotted about 4-5 days after that. I assumed I O'ed on March 16th due to CM. That was it...fertility calendar and CM.

This month, I have been charting my BBT (user name on FF is AshleyLauren1), used Clear Blue Digital OPK, used Pre-Seed & Soft Cups after every BD & am BD'ing A LOT to cover my bases just in case!

Side story on the OPK...from what I have read online, most women love them, I kinda hate them. My CD1 is April 1 and I began testing on CD8. I got my first :) on CD10 and was pretty excited. I figured I missed my window last month and that was the issue. However, I also got a :) on CD14 & 15 also. Perhaps my body tried to ovulate and didn't, but I got my hopes up days prior possibly for nothing.

I am also on Ovuline.com. After my first :) OPK, I thought that website was crap. It said my O day was going to be either yesterday or today. Turns out & hopefully according to my chart, it will be. The website claims women using this website get pregnant in 56 days. They have a six month money back guarantee. It pretty much gathers data from everyone who uses it and gives you a calendar of your fertile window while allowing you to enter data on a daily basis (BBT, cervix position, CM, if you have taken an ovulation test/HPT, activity level, physical effects, etc). Why not, right?

I would love to be pregnant before Mother's Day. How cool would that be? This is the last month for that to happen. If not, I would really like to be pregnant before my anniversary. Can't think of a better present! I look forward to sharing this journey with you ladies and getting our BFPs!

My EDD would be January 6, 2014. :)

User Image Ashley&Bryan 6.1.12

11 years ago

Hello, first time on this website. If I managed it this cycle (been trying 4 months) I would be due jan 1st.
Really need some support!!

11 years ago

Hey ladies! I am 5-6 dpo I think. I have been feeling very odd this month headaches, cramping in my boobs and lower region, back aches and today I had a couple of beers and feel very sick. Just wondering if anyone else has has a similar experience. We are ntnp but my husband would only want a boy so I have been tracking cm and cp and know we dtd on the right days.r

11 years ago

@squishyface- Good luck to you! Hope you get your BFP. If you need to chat, I am on this site a lot and also created a TTC account on FB if you wanna find me there- Ashley IsTtc.

@star- I hope your symptoms result in a BFP! So far, thinking about my possible symptoms has gotten my hopes up twice already. Hoping your symptoms are legit! It is hard for me to know if the symptoms are actually symptoms. I wasn't really paying attention to anything before TTC. Therefore, were they actually symptoms or just the usual reactions of my body to my cycle.

Hopefully each month, I learn a little more. I came a long way from month 1 to month 2 and am really hoping for my BFP sooner rather than later. I really wanted to be expecting by Mother's Day, but my new goal is now by June 1st (wedding anniversary.) If not, conceiving in June would also be neat since I'd be expecting a March baby and I was also a March baby.

I was hoping I took after my mother a little more in the reproductive department. She was married in May of 1982 and conceived my brother and I in June of 1983. Geez, right? Even with her youngest child, she was 36 and it took her 2 months to conceive. Well, she beat me!

I will try to stay optimistic. I am thinking if I don't conceive by June, I will maybe get my husband a SA. I am hoping all is fine on my end. My cycles are pretty regular, I chart BBT, so I'm fairly certain I ovulate. My only worry is that one day of my AF, I am in unbearable pain. It lasts about three hours and then I'm okay. Maybe I should get an ultrasound?

User Image Ashley&Bryan 6.1.12

11 years ago

Hi Ladies! Good Luck to you all for a New Years Baby! I am also trying for a January bub, I'm on CD 8 right now and just about to start using OPK's for the first time. Hubby and I were married November 2012 and trying for our first. I'm feeling positive this month :-)

11 years ago

Hi All!
So I might have missed the April deadline for this thread but I am going to post and follow anyway as long as that is ok! I really like the idea of the FB secret group and charts!.

AFM: I am 24, DH is 27 we were married on 2/2/13! We were together for almost 5 years before we got married. After our wedding we were welcomed with our Nephew who is now 8 weeks old and a Niece that is 4 days old. My Sister-in-laws were both pregnant and in our wedding! Now we only want kids more! DH Doesn't want to tell anyone that we re TTC so I have no one to talk to about any of this. I have NEVER been pregnant and DH has never gotten anyone pregnant.

We have been TTC since 3/2013. I came off BCP and had my withdrawal bleeding on 3/17/13. I thought it was my regular until I started reading about coming off the pill. I then waited 40 days for this to begin. I normally had 27-29 day cycles before and on the pill. I was getting worried until I read that it would be normal to wait that long for after the pill. I am now on CD 4 and is almost gone!!

I have been on prenatal vits since 2/2013. This cycle we will be using OPKs and I started temping. I am trying to figure all that out it is its own process so I am told. I am using FF and CTP for charts.

I think I am going to start OPKs when makes he exit because I don't know when I ov. I ordered them on amazon and got a really good deal and have 100 of them!
EDD for this cycle would be 1/31/14!

Looking forward to this tread taking off!!!

~Lacey~ DH-30, Me-27 DS-Jackson born 7/6/14-12 days early due to gestational hypertension. User Image

11 years ago

Just saying hi to all the ladies im heading to this board from Decembers board af hit me yesterday hopefully this is me and my husband month

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo