Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with us? Can we get a hell ya!Part11

View Full Post

Welcome to part 11 of our discussion group! Our forum is for anyone using Clomid or Femara for treatment. We are all super friendly ladies, so please come and share your story with us!

For anyone who wants to catch up, here is part 10.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?p=1&postid=21079

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

347 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 347 Replies | Last Page

Proudmom,
My DH and I refer to them as my "crazy lady" pills. I am extremely emotional when taking them. I also find that they make me very warm and headachy. Just like Kelli1973 I also had really sore breast right after ovulation so don't let that fool you into a false sense of early pregnancy as it did me. Best of luck! And remember that every woman has a different experience so don't put that added stress on yourself.

11 years ago

Proudmom3,

I have just had my first round of 50mg Clomid, and didn't notice any side affects until after the course which was day 3-7 of my cycle. A couple of days after the course I had some hot flashes and then a couple days after that a little nauseous, and a headache for one night. I would definitely say that they were far from extreme, so I can say my first round was pretty good. Now just have some nipple sensitivity at 3 DPO. I couldn't wait to start my first cycle also. Hope your first cycle goes well.

11 years ago

Sorry to hear about all the heartache...hang in there ladies

11 years ago

Darian, how maddening about being made to leave your kids for something you didn't even have a role in. :(

Mt first positives didn't really show until 12dpo. Hang in there!

Kellie, what is it with these men! My DH does that too. It is very frustrating! I would try to get another time in. You can ovulate up to 48 hours after that positive, and the egg lasts 24 hours. If your DH has good boys, they can hang around for several days too. You may still have a good chance.

hugs and luck to all!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

Lisserb,

Its nice to hear I am not he only the only one to have that problem, but not nice for us to have to deal with it. Got one in tonight though, so hopefully not too late. My Dh is several years younger than me so I was I little surprised by the whole event. The worst thing was I started thinking it was my fault that it wasn't working, on top of all the other issues where i generally feel insufficient because I am having issues getting pregnant.

I will try to keep in good spirits and hopefully something has happened. Now for the countdown.

11 years ago

Proudmom, I had different side effects each time I took Clomid. I thought I had it all figured out, and then bam! Have fun with new side effects!
The first time I took Clomid, I didn't really have many side effects. That's when i took 50 mg.
The second time, I was moved up to 150 mg, and I had CRAZY mood swings and was very emotional. And ovulation was very painful.
The third time at a 150 mg dose, I had absolutely terrible migraines before O, and hot flashes whenever I got scared, or angry, or really sad. I felt like a menopausal woman.
Luckily, the fourth and fifth time I have been at a 100 mg dose, and I've noticed some headaches and tender ovaries before O, but nothing too bad. And I cry at pretty much everything. I get nipple sensitivity every month after O too, due to rise in progesterone.

Lauramarie, progesterone isn't that bad. I had side effects for around the first week in the TWW, but they have gone away.

Good luck, Armywife! I hope for good news for you on Wednesday.

kelli, my DH does that, too. It's like, he knows how important it is and gets nervous and stressed, and can't really enjoy it or even perform well! I try to be calm and make things better and maybe do something a little more special, but he still gets nervous. You are not alone!

AFM so I'm 12 DPO today, have been testing BFN. Not sure how much I hope I have left. I'm pulling out my FRER tomorrow. My doc said I only need to do a blood test if I see a positive test at home. I might go get the blood test anyway and know for sure what's going on.

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Awww man, now I'm really nervous about taking clomid but if it'll help my fertility I'm in! Idk why its so hard for me to get pregnant now because i have been pregnant before with no problem! I'm ready to get this show on the road!

11 years ago

Awww man, now I'm really nervous about taking clomid but if it'll help my fertility I'm in! Idk why its so hard for me to get pregnant now because i have been pregnant before with no problem! I'm ready to get this show on the road!

11 years ago

Hi girls!!! Hope everything is going well!! I am 12 days past trigger and 10 dpo.... This morning I got a very very very light line but it was pink.... I know I should wait a cpl days and retest... I'm so nervous it's just the trigger and I'm getting my hopes up:(

11 years ago

Hey Darian,

hoping you get that BFP. Stay positive!!!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo