Community post

Discussion

BYOB: Bring on the BFPs!!

View Full Post

Hi all!

I have been on this site for what feels like forever (2yrs+) The BYOB threads have always been a great place for ladies to come for ttc support, answers, suggestions & even venting our frustrations! We used to have a hard time keeping up with all the chatter & made some great friens on here! I would love for it to be that again!

Former BYOB ladies & all newcomers welcome to join us! Cant wait to chat with you all!!

I aill start things off with an intro...

My name is Joy
I am 29 (30 in May) & dh is 30
I'm Canadian
Was married in 2009
I started ttc in April 2010
Got my 1st bfp in August 2010 & m/c'd naturally at 8 weeks
Got my 2nd bfp in late June 2011 & had a missed m/c at 11 weeks (baby died at 8)
Many complications followed - including a nearly 3 week hospital stay
Got my 3rd bfp on March 21st 2012 - finally success!Delivered my beautiful baby boy on Dec 4th
I am currently breastfeeding, & waiting for my cycle to return
I would like my kids to be about 2yrs apart & if thing take as long as last time we will need to get back to ttc soon! lol

Cant wait to chat with you all!
xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

301 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

81 - 90 of 301 Replies | Last Page

Heya ladies!

I love that there has been so much chatter on here that I actually had to take notes. Haven't had to do that in awhile :)

Elle - I appreciated what you said about my lack of symptoms. At first I kind of mentally retorted, "Well I HAD symptoms early on during my first pregnancy." but the more I have thought about it, I've realized that you really are right and I was being stupid. I don't know how many women have told me that their second or third pregnancy was completely different than their first, so, thank you. I appreciate your vote of confidence

Joy - About Gemma and baby #2 having close birthdays, it might be possible, I guess. CTP says approximately December 9th and Gemma was born on December 3rd, but she was 5 days overdue. So, unless this baby came early, they would probably be at least a few days apart. But (don't pass out) :) we don't really do much at all for our birthdays, so I really doubt that Gemma would care if they had the same birthday. If anything, she might actually like it or it might make her feel closer to baby #2, but who knows for sure.

Aisha - Gemma started sleeping through the night really early, around 3 or 4 months old, but it was kind of hit or miss. Then it got to the point that it was rare for her to wake in the middle of the night. For the last 4 or 5 months, I would say that it is rare for her to not wake at least once, but generally she will cry for less than 60 seconds, self-soothe by putting her fingers in her mouth, and then go back to sleep. Maybe twice a week will she wake and not be able to self-soothe herself to sleep. BUT, I have never co-slept with her which was a choice we made before she was ever born. NOT saying that co-sleeping is wrong or bad, it just would not have worked in our situation. Also, since I have been gradually been weaning Gemma and I could go 12 hours at a time without feeding, I'm sure my milk supply is much lower than yours is, so it was easy to supplement with more milk, juice, and water during the day. I generally would nurse her at night if she woke crying because it was the easiest (and frankly the only) way I knew how to soothe her. That's changing now and it's not as hard as I thought it would be.

and AFM, along that lines, I decided that tonight was the night. I put Gemma to sleep tonight without nursing at all. It's been 24 hrs. since I nursed her last and I've done it gradually enough that I think I can stop altogether now. Gemma SCREAMED. We went into her room and even though it was completely dark, she knew I had her sippy cup with milk in it for her .. she knew what was going on and she was PISSED!! lol She screamed but I just sat her on my lap like I do before her naps, put her in a slightly reclined position, and rocked her. A minute later, she begrudgingly put her fingers in her mouth and quieted, I knew the struggle was mostly over ... and tears fell silently down my cheeks. Since the day she was born, this was something we had done together, a special bond that just she and I shared .. and now that era was ending. My baby wasn't a baby anymore. She is a little girl.

I am in mourning.
I can only hope that we will be blessed enough to be able to have a baby #2 and that I will be able to share similar time with them. It's the only thought that can console me right now.

Lots of to all of you wonderful ladies this evening!

Kat  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

11 years ago

Kat- you had me in tears! I'm not looking forward to weaning Zain. I love my breastfeeding relationship and it will break my heart when that ends.

Zain was sleeping 6-8 hours starting at three months but then around 6 no the he started waking more and more frequently. I don't think it has to do with cosleeping because the cosleeping has actually been a much more recent development as a consequence of the freaking waking. He still goes to sleep at night in his crib and naps in his crib. Its just I get so exhausted of the constant waking that I bring him to my bed.

I'm not ready to wean him, but right now we are working on night time weaning. At night we have our bedtime routine and he nurses but I make him cone off the breast before he falls asleep. Same thing with the night time feedings. I think the problem is he has no other way of comforting himself so I am trying to teach him how to self soothe. So far it is going well. He will pull off the breast on his own now before he is asleep.

As for my bleeding yesterday, there was none today so I am not sure what is going on...

I typed all this on my phone so please forgive any typos

User Image User Image User Image

11 years ago

Aisha - Sounds like you know what you are doing :) Weaning for us technically was a months long process doing a lot of the things you are doing now. You will figure out what works best for you and him, but I am also pro-breastfeeding for as long as you and your baby are benefiting from it. Don't let anyone get you down for doing it longer! <3

AFM, super weepy in general today and horrible, horrible heartburn right now. I am like tearing up at random youtube videos .. weird, and definitely need some tums *blegh* Approximately 12dpo today.

When I got my first bfp, I had had a bfn at 13dpo (approx.) and then a bfp at 16dpo (approx.) using the same frer digi test as before, so I am trying to hold off until Wednesday to test which should be 16dpo. SO NERVOUS! I could probably test now but with how weepy I have been today, I really don't want to see a "Not pregnant" on 1 of the 2 frer digi's I have to test this cycle.

Gemma didn't even want me to rock her to sleep tonight. She immediately whined when I sat down with her to rock her, so I picked her back up, laid her in her crib, put her blanket over her and walked out. She didn't make a peep and that was 2 hours ago. I was amazed. I didn't think that weaning her would mean that I wouldn't have to do any soothing or relaxing for her before bed. We shall see ..

Lots of to all of you lovely ladies and I hope you are having fantastic weekends, and if we don't hear from you before then, I hope you have an awesome trip, Aisha.

11 years ago

I have officially been nauseated with food aversions all day. Might test tomorrow

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

Sorry its been a while since my last reply! Been busy!!

Kat - ooo food aversions... very exciting!! Keep us posted!! Glad Gemma seems to be adjusting well to the lack of bfing!

Aisha - Safe travels tomorrow & have a great trip!! Can't wait to hear all about it!! Sorry your bleeding wasnt af... mother nature is such a pain in the ass confusing us all the time :( Grrr!

Elle - Weird af!! But at least it's over now and you can move on to the next cycle!

AFM - Nothing new... I'm on cd26, guessing about 8 or 9 dpo if I assume one of my days of spotting was O day. Would laugh my ass of if I was pg... last time I got my bfp at 11dpo the day my parents came home from their trip, 11dpo this time would probably be tues which again is when my parents will be home from a trip... LoL! Might have to test that morning just for the heck of it!

Hope everyone is doing great! Happy Easter!!
xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

11 years ago • Post starter

Well, guess I won't need that second test after all.
http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=113855

Joy - It's funny how things turn out the second time around. I would love for you to be pregnant again!

AFM, on cloud 9 today!!

Lots of to you ladies!

11 years ago

Congrats popstar!! So exciting. Hope to be right there with you!

11 years ago

hello all

ive been meaning to come back to the thread for a year or more i dont know if any of you remember me ... i do recognise a few names on here still, Joy congrats on your baby im so glad it happened for you , you really deserve it .

i came off the forum bout a year ago it all got too much for me lots has happened since them im delighted to say me and hubby did get the money for icsi and had a go last sept , amazingly it worked first time and im currently expecting B/G twins ...that are due next month ....

what a journey i really found this thread a great support for the 2.5 years we ttc.

i hope everyone is well and happy

babydust to you all

1 son 17 years old , and expecting B/G twins atm that are due next month : )

11 years ago

Hi ladies!!

Kitten - I definitely remember you sweetie! It's Emma right? on conceiving twins!! How exciting!!! I am so glad you finally got your little miracle - and you even got 2 for having to wait so long! You're so close to you due date too!! Must be getting very excited!! (& impatient! lol) So exciting that you are having one of each too!! Hope you are all happy & healthy!! xx

Kat - WOOHOO!!!!!! No line spotting needed! lol... there is definitely something to be said for digi tests! hun, I am so happy for you!!

AFM - Nothing much new here. My parents got home from a long trip yesterday, so its nice having them back! I am on cd28, so af should be here soon (boo!) she usually makes an appearance between cd30-34, 36 days being my max. We'll see what happens. Oddly enough I havent had any af craps yet..... usually I get them for a full week before, but so far nothing. Not pg tho, tested yesterday just cause I thought it would be funny to tell dh I was pg on April Fools and have him not know if it was a prank or not (hehe) but it was a definite bfn I am okay with that though.

Hope everyone is doing well!
xx Joy

11 years ago • Post starter

Heya ladies!

Kitten - I was thinking "Emma" too, so it must be Emma. How awesome for you! You are really going to have your hands full but what a blessing. So happy for you .. and I echo Joy's thoughts of how cool to have one of each :)

Joy - I've been dying for you to check here and find out. Even when I saw you online earlier, I wanted you to discover it for yourself as a surprise. Idk, I am still hopeful that even though you weren't trying this cycle and got a bfn that you are still pg (whew, just thought I lost my reply so far, stupid computer)

AFM, is it possible to be nesting already? lol It almost seems that way. I have the jewelry party here at the house on Saturday and I don't often have company over so I am rushing around like mad to try to get things put away and cleaned before then. Finally got a storage space today, which I have been meaning to do for months. Our little 2 bed 1 bath has so little room that we have really needed it forever to have a place to put Gemma's old baby stuff and things that don't have a place anymore. Now it will be even more useful so we can start packing and storing junk before we move in a few months.

Things don't often go as planned in life .. but things are really falling into place for us I think. If everything goes off without a hitch, we will be in a new house by late summer and ready for baby #2 before they come! I hope that nothing goes wrong with this pregnancy. Of course I have no reason to believe that it will .. but it's hard to be in my first double tww for pregnancy. One month till my first appointment. I am looking so forward to being a mom again. Speechless ...............

Lots of to all of you wonderful ladies and

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo