Community post

Discussion

BYOB: Bring on the BFPs!!

View Full Post

Hi all!

I have been on this site for what feels like forever (2yrs+) The BYOB threads have always been a great place for ladies to come for ttc support, answers, suggestions & even venting our frustrations! We used to have a hard time keeping up with all the chatter & made some great friens on here! I would love for it to be that again!

Former BYOB ladies & all newcomers welcome to join us! Cant wait to chat with you all!!

I aill start things off with an intro...

My name is Joy
I am 29 (30 in May) & dh is 30
I'm Canadian
Was married in 2009
I started ttc in April 2010
Got my 1st bfp in August 2010 & m/c'd naturally at 8 weeks
Got my 2nd bfp in late June 2011 & had a missed m/c at 11 weeks (baby died at 8)
Many complications followed - including a nearly 3 week hospital stay
Got my 3rd bfp on March 21st 2012 - finally success!Delivered my beautiful baby boy on Dec 4th
I am currently breastfeeding, & waiting for my cycle to return
I would like my kids to be about 2yrs apart & if thing take as long as last time we will need to get back to ttc soon! lol

Cant wait to chat with you all!
xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

301 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

291 - 300 of 301 Replies | Last Page

Lol, funny my guess is another boy :) haha I am so excited to find out the gender though!! Last time the baby room was set up before we knew & we kept it all neutral.. this time were waiting to decorate till we know the gender.... End of Sept/beginning of Oct we will finally find out!! :)

Yay for only 3 weeks to go! Can't remember if this is your first or not, but delivery isn't as bad as they make it out to be! Lol! Hope all goes well!!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

10 years ago • Post starter

We are currently renovating so the nursery is on hold atm. Will be doing it 4 days before I'm induced We are doing the neutral theme.

Yep this is our first! I am so ready for labour can't wait to experience it

User Image User Image

10 years ago

Hey hun!

Yikes that's close!! Lol! Good call with the neutral theme, we did that with ds (just incase the 4 ultrasounds were all wrong lol) Actually that's partly why were waiting and doing gender specific, cause if we end up decorating for a boy and getting a girl or vice versa we already have all the neutral stuff :) lol

Glad your excited for labour... As I said its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, and mine was 17 hours with complications. Lol

Where is everybody? Lol

sorry, it's been very busy here with work and dd. But I'm back :)

Joy were you correct with ds? Did you think it would be a boy back than? I thought I'd get a boy but it was definitely a girl :). Are you alright? No nausea or other symptoms?

FTM2013, health care is fine here. You'll visit a midwife when pg and stay with here the whole pregnancy and she'll helps you when you have to give birth. If somewhere during the pregnancy it gets more complicated, she'll hands you over to a midwife at the hospital and if necessary to a gynecologist.

for me it was the last one, I got eclampsia and was hospitalized at 35 weeks. Two days later I had a C-section (dd was also upside down (not sure what the correct english is)). I stayed in the hospital for another 7 days and dd at the neonatology department for 10 days. After that we could take her home. We both had a couple of checks and after that, we were ok.

But if I get pg again, I need to visit the hospital in stead of a midwife from the start.

User Image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

10 years ago

Susy - nope, I was totally wrong with ds, I thought he would be a girl, lol. I don't care one way or another as long as he or she is healthy I am happy. But I do have a feeling ill be right this time and have another boy :)

As for symptoms, I have had quite a bit of nausea since before Ieven knew iI was pg... thought I was sick! Haha! Aside from that I have the usual, twinges, peeing constantly, etc. Oh and waking up rediculously early.... I've been getting up at 6am even tho Dr will eat and go back to sleep till 9 or so!! Lol

For the record, baby with the bum down is called "breech" :)

Elle - you ok hun? Haven't heard from you in a while.

xx Joy

breech? Really? thx. didn't know that one. That's the downside chatting on a English site. Sometimes I just don't know the right sentence or words. Ah well, I'm learning here as well :)

I was sick 7 months in a row with dd. If I get pg again really hope it'll be a walk through the park!

anyone going on holiday this summer? In about a month will be going to Canada with friends. one of them is Canadian and just got married here in the Netherlands. We'll be having a belated wedding party in canada. Can't wait!

User Image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

10 years ago

Heya ladies!

Susy - 'Upside down' was fine too, I knew what you meant. Actually, after you said upside-down, I had a hard time remembering what the actual term was! Haha. Have fun in Canada. Maybe you will run into Joy!

Redknob - Congrats!! You are inducing on my ultrasound date :) I will be thinking of you and hoping things go smoothly. How exciting!

Joy - You know already that I am elated for you. I told you that I had to re-read CTP to check on how you got pregnant .. but I really didn't have to read too far back, only a week or so, because I have been stalking you all :) I thought my dd was a boy and I am kind of convinced that this is a boy too, although a girl would be more convenient ... and I love having a girl, so it is hard imagining raising a boy. I guess we will see soon enough! ss for your nausea. I am going to be a meanie and say, sucks to be you and thank goodness I am finally out of that stage lol! Well, still gag occasionally and brushing teeth is still dangerous for me ... but I got by with only throwing up once this time (as opposed to 5 or 6 times last time) just by listening to my body's cues and not forcing myself to do anything after the first couple of gags.

AFM, what am I now ... 19 weeks? I guess my ticker will prove me wrong if I made a mistake :) Incredibly excited and anxious to find out the sex of the baby on August 2nd. Making a day of it with dh and dd. We will go out for lunch afterward and go to Target to add some gender specific items to the registry. So happy to get to find out the gender and feel closer to the baby!

Lots of to all of you wonderful ladies today and for the rest of the week.
for the preggos and
to the ttc ladies!!

Kat  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

10 years ago

Hi ladies!

Kat - thanks!! & lol about the "sucks to be you" comment! I'm good with it though - love being pg and nausea just makes it feel more real :) Cant wait till Aug 2nd to find out what your having!! So jealous you get to find out soon! I don't even get to go for my 1st u/s till prob end of Aug. lol

Susy - yikes you were sick 7 months??? Hope your luckier this time! Where in Canada are you going? We might go for a trip to North Dakota, but other than that just day trips to the beach/campground. :)

Well pg 15, time for a new thread!

This is officially the end of this thread!!

Follow us to the new thread in the cycle buddies section
BYOB: Baby Dance & Maternity Pants

click here to go to the thread:
http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=31323

Hope to see you all there!!
xx Joy

Joy- yay congrats! How far apart in age will this baby and your DS be?

AFM- my cycle was 32 days last month so that gives me some hope that things are getting back to normal. Tracking it this month to see if I O.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo