Community post

Discussion

Dealing with friends that are rude during TWW

I had a friend ask me this morning how I was doing and I told her a little grumpy because I am having a lot of symptoms that are either PMS or Early Pregnancy. She just responded "I highly doubt you'd be having pregnancy symptoms so early."

Even if it is true and even if we weren't necessarily trying this still really stung. How do you deal with friends like that?

3 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Haha...if it were me, I'd tell her she was an idiot, but my friends are used to my brutal honesty!

U CAN have pregnancy symptoms that early (provided the egg has implanted). As soon as u start building hCG u can get symptoms, only downfall is that if ur hCG is high enough to give u symptoms, then its high enough to test positive on blood tests. Either way, her statement was wrong, and u should probably let her know that...bet she wont say something like that again!! ;))

Good Luck!!

11 years ago

Thanks.

I just told her the truth, that it's not abnormal in my family for women to have symptoms almost immediately.

My mother had very strong symptoms almost the day after conception. She knew she was pregnant and tests weren't showing yet but lo and behold, she was. It was the same for my aunt and my cousin.

I could understand her tone if I was someone who cried wolf every time I had PMS but I don't.

I honestly just don't want to talk with her about it any further. She's a few years older than me and has been in a relationship for two years with a guy who only wants to see her once a week. I think we're just in different places when it comes to this kind of thing.

11 years ago • Post starter

You know how they say to pick one person besides your spouse to talk to about ttc? Well I told my best friend since high school (who probably won't have kids for another 10 years) about our plans. She said, "are you sure? Your son will be starting kindergarten this year. Don't you want some time alone?"

This wasn't what I expected from a typically supportive friend. It broke my heart and now I feel like I can't talk to her about it because she clearly doesn't understand what it is like to have someone else as the center of your universe. Hence I have started checking out these forums. ;)

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo