Community post

Discussion

PCOS and Taking a break from tracking...

My significant other and I have decided that we're going to stop tracking, taking ovulation tests, and focusing our sex around ovulation.

I have PCOS and my cycles are from 60-90 days usually so the stress is pretty high when we have an actual ovulation. Sometimes I think that stress during the TWW could actually be hurting our chances, creating a lot of stress hormones in my body that may say "It's not a good time to implant here".

We've decided to go through October just having our normal sex life (which is about 5 times a week) and hoping for the best.

Anyone else feel like not trying so hard actually helps?

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I feel the same I have been trying ttc for 8 month now and I have 3 kids my husband wants to try for a boy so well see. We never used OPK or new when I would ovulate before with the other pregnancy's. So this time we have used them so my husband and I feel that we are missing ovulation or its the stress of it. Now my friends and sister in laws are pregnant its hard we even stop last month and going to start back up in December with no OPK just how I am feeling like we have done before. But I hope this work for you good luck :)

10 years ago

Hey there,
I am actually 13 weeks today.

Our last cycle the only thing we did different was start having intercourse when we got the positive OPK and kept at it once a day for 5 days. I feel like before we weren't going far enough past the positive OPK.

I also used my diaphragm a few times after we had intercourse to help keep the sperm close to the cervix. I have no clue if any of this helped but I'm pregnant so maybe :)

Good luck!

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo