Community post

Discussion

WTT after ectopic...

Just suffered an ectopic pregnancy and have been given methotrexate. I find it hard having to wait when we just started to TTC and then after two months getting our BFP going from pregnant to not to having to wait. Our ultrasound was very inconclusive because my lining had already thinned and not showing a egg sack, my tubes were clear, but all they found was two cysts on my right ovary. One cyst showed characteristics of an egg developing and the other was alot larger which was guess to be either endo mass or the non viable mass. With the worry that I still ran a chance of losing an ovary if I chose to wait it out, I chose the drug. Another reason I am upset. What if I could have done this on my own. I am sure I did the right thing but that what if is killing me at the same time.

Ok I am done ranting. Anyone else going through this or have?

User Image User Image

5 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

We have been TTC for six months since getting of BC. Never a sign of pregnancy until Jan. 12, 2012 or 14 DPO. By the 19th I had bleeding. Preg symptoms were gone.

I either had an early ectopic or tissue left over from my miscarriage. Took Methotrexate a week ago. Levels were 34 hCG and went up to 124 hCG (normal) did blood work today to see if there is drop.

Once at zero, and I have two regular healthy cycles we will try again. Dr. said one is fine, but I'm so worried.

This shot is crazy stuff. Don't mess with getting pg so soon. You must make sure it's out of your system.

I want a baby so bad, but I want a healthy one too!

Good luck my friend. I feel your pain.

11 years ago

So we're you given only one shot? I had one in both hips. So I am wondering why one one cycle for you to continue to try?!?!? Thank you for sharing your story with me.

I am now as of last fri down to 5 hCG. I was supposed to go in for my last one yesterday but I forgot. Oops though my dr said that I am now considered neg with levels that low.

Again thank you. Don't talk to many that go through this, especially around the as,e time. I have though talked to some that are almost ready to pop who had the shot. So at least know there is hope.

User Image User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Hi girls!

Just thought i would share my story i had an ectopic at 5 weeks gone on the 4th of dec 2010 had no idea until i was in a & e and they done pregnancy test took me for a scan and they couldnt find anything i was admitted to hospital for 2 weeks i was in so much pain like u feel like ur going to die i lost so much blood i was so weak. I got the meth injection to in one hip worst thing ever.

We r trying again for number 3 only been trying for 4 months now. Its a lot for ur body to go through so i wouldnt rush trying to get pregnant again so soon after just incase its hard tho especially when uve lost a baby but take ur time and im sure u will have a little angel in ur arms soon.

Good Luck Girls

11 years ago

Thank you Tina for sharing your story. It is nice to hear from others about their experience!

User Image User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

No probs hun i find Ectopic pregnancy can be maybe not talked about enough especially as it's so life threatening and i no myself i went through alot with mine. Its hard to get past ur experience but try and remind positive for any future pregnancy and remember no one is to blame its one thing u have no control over. :)

Thanks for replying :)

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo