Community post

Discussion

20 dpo and going CRAZY

View Full Post

So I'm going insane.

I'm at 20 dpo, no period, two bfns, and a million different symptoms. I had spotting last week, just when I wiped (Sorry for sharing that) for a couple of days, and that's it. My period was due last Sunday, it's nearly a week late, and last night I felt very much like it was coming and resigned myself to the fact that I would wake up to it this morning, and yet, nothing. I guess it could still show up tomorrow making it a 35 day cycle which is aparently within the realms of normal. That did happen to me once before, but I was terribly ill for the couple of days leading up to it that time, and today I just feel the same pregnantish feelings that I have been for the last week and a half, no 'oh my god I'm about to be killed by af' feelings as all.

This is getting so frustrating. I've only been trying for three cycles, and already I want to sneak up into heaven and corner God somewhere in his cloud mansion and make him tell me why he isn't giving me my baby.

I don't know how women try for years without going completely mental, I have so much respect for the ladies that hang in there and keep going, because I don't know if I have that kind of patience.

Thank you for allowing me to vent, and dammit I want my bpf

22 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 22 Replies | Last Page

Congratulations on your BFP! I was stalking the page and once I read all of your symptoms vanished it looked promising to me. That's the way it was with my last two.

User Image

13 years ago

Hi Amiamama,

Waw, you're so lucky ! Thanks for sharing all this with us! It's really encouraging to know that it does happen to test negative for a while and then to still have some small chance.

On my side, still no af...ran to the bathroom a couple of times today thinking "this is it", but no...just lots of creamy beige cm (sorry if tmi). Tomorrow I'll be 20 DPO...besides my light nausea in the morning and at night, a little bit of heartburn and some weird pressure, cramps, even today I felt like the cramp was going down my leg...weirdddd...besides that, nothing else.
We'll see what tomorrow will bring...plz send some baby dust my way too! :o)

Thanks again for sharing your story, I am realllly happy for you! Enjoy every moment!!!

Plz let us konw how it goes after your appointment.

User Image" rel="nofollow">User Image

13 years ago

That's wonderful amiamama!

Lx

pregnancy week by week

13 years ago

Hello Ladies,

Just keeping you updated...I'm 23 DPO today CD41 and still no AF...today I don't really have any symptoms...weiiirrrdddd...
I'm most probably not preggo, but like all these women say, until af doesn't show her ugly face, I can still hope...

Baby dust to all of you and yayayyayay for Amiamama!!!!

13 years ago

Hello Ladies,

So I finally have news! Ms. AF showed up today, FINALLY! So my cycle was 42 days this month...so weird!!!! Is it possible that I didn't ovulate and this is why it is so late? Hmmm...

Anyway, on a happy note, at least now I can declare myself at CD 1 and a new cycle has just begun! Waw, finally!!!

I'll keep you posted in a few weeks!
Good luck to all and baby dust!!! I'll be reading your stories, hopefully lots of BFP this month!!!!
Baby dust to all!

13 years ago

I'm glad you have an answer for this month HappytoTTC, and perhaps what I've learned about how this little one of mine has come to be will help you :)

I went and had an ultrasound today, and it seems I'm not as far along as we'd thought, because I ovulated late!

Turns out, my right ovary runs on a typical 28 day cycle, but my left ovary runs on a 35-45 day cycle, depending on its mood or something! Crazy right?!

So our little buddy came from my left ovary, almost two weeks late! According to the ultrasound I'm 5 weeks and 3 days as of today, making it due on 22nd May 2011 :D

We could see it on the scan, it was so cool!

They've recommended I go back for another ultrasound in a couple of weeks to be able to see its heart beat and maybe even its little arm and leg buds!

So a tip for late ovulaters like myself is, even if you think you ovulated already, keep bding just in case ;)

13 years ago • Post starter

Hi Amiamama,

Waw, thanks so much for sharing this info with us! I can totally relate to that, it really makes sense. Maybe this is how my body functions too! Ok, so this month, what I decided once AF goes away is to keep on trying...no matter when I think that i ovulate...just in case I ovulate later... You have no idea how much you have enlightened me with this post! I am pretty sure we have a similar body...as somtimes my cycle is 30 days and some odd times it is 40-45 days...just like you. Ohhh, thank you so much for this info!!!

I am so happy for you, May 22nd sounds great and I wish you a happy pregnancy!!! Please keep us posted!
Is this your first child??? Do you have any symptoms now? Do you have any preference for a boy or a girl? :o)

13 years ago

Yes, this will be my first child :)

So far the symptoms are mainly eating, drinking and needing the bathroom on a more regular basis, and dizziness. But, in the last few days I've woken up feeling pretty nauseated, so I'm thinking the beginning of morning sickness is right around the corner.

I've also got a bit of an aversion to sweet things, they just make me feel sick or give me a headache. So I guess the baby likes it's savoury food :)

And I'm pretty sure my boobs are just a bit bigger than they were :( not so happy about that part, I'm big-chested and they drive me nuts so them getting bigger is a not so good thing for me.

No preferences with girls or boys, can't wait to meet it :D

I hope that the weird ovulation info helps you in making your own little one :) Hope you get your BFP soon!

Amiamama

I hope you don't suffer too much from morning sickness!

Can I ask you something - do you normally feel when you are ovulating?

I am asking because I can feel ovulation and this past while when I have been ovulating from the right I have then went on to ovulate from the left, later in the cycle. AF then comes 14 days after the 2nd ovulation.

Lx

pregnancy week by week

13 years ago

Hi Lemons,

My morning sickness is definitely here, and its bad some days and not bad at all others. Hopefully it fades in the second trimester, because I don't have time to be lying around sick every morning for the next several months!

I do feel when I'm ovulating, usually, but with this cycle being late I was left very confused when I didn't feel it at the usual time. We're lucky that we kept trying just in case, or our little bubby wouldn't be here now!

As I understand it you ovulate alternately, from the right one month and the left the next. This is what happens for me, and it usually happens between the 12-14th day of my cycle, but when it's my left ovary's turn to ovulate it seems more like the 19-21st day of my cycle, how ever this time it was on the 28th day!

I was very confused during this cycle, I expected to feel ovulation at a certain time and whenever I had the slightest twinge I thought 'maybe that was it this month', and by the time it did happen I thought it was the beginning of period cramps. So even if you are a woman who feels ovulation, make sure you don't confuse it with other pain, and keep trying even after you feel like you might have ovulated already, because you might get lucky like I did!

Good luck

-amiamama

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo