Community post

Success story

Yay I'm Pregnant!

This was our third cycle of ttc, and it turns out that despite some confusion, I am pregnant!

I've been for an ultrasound today and according to it I'm 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant. My period was a while ago and standard counting would have indicated I would be 7 weeks now, but it seems that my left ovary runs on a different schedule than my right! I ovulated almost two weeks late, and from it came our little buddy, due 22nd May 2011!

The confusion obviously came from this late ovulation, as at my 28th day I would have *just* concieved, so I of course had negative results both that day and four days later. We figured I hadn't ovulated at all and gave up on this being the cycle. But, Monday last week I thought I'd check if I was ovulating, and on a whim decided to take a pregnancy test too, and it was positive! I couldn't believe it and took several more in the next few days, and went and got a blood test, and there you go!

Now I've seen it on an ultrasound screen and its so tiny, I'm so excited. Fingers crossed it sticks and we'll be bringing home a May baby next year :)

0 Comments • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo