Community post

Discussion

20 dpo and going CRAZY

So I'm going insane.

I'm at 20 dpo, no period, two bfns, and a million different symptoms. I had spotting last week, just when I wiped (Sorry for sharing that) for a couple of days, and that's it. My period was due last Sunday, it's nearly a week late, and last night I felt very much like it was coming and resigned myself to the fact that I would wake up to it this morning, and yet, nothing. I guess it could still show up tomorrow making it a 35 day cycle which is aparently within the realms of normal. That did happen to me once before, but I was terribly ill for the couple of days leading up to it that time, and today I just feel the same pregnantish feelings that I have been for the last week and a half, no 'oh my god I'm about to be killed by af' feelings as all.

This is getting so frustrating. I've only been trying for three cycles, and already I want to sneak up into heaven and corner God somewhere in his cloud mansion and make him tell me why he isn't giving me my baby.

I don't know how women try for years without going completely mental, I have so much respect for the ladies that hang in there and keep going, because I don't know if I have that kind of patience.

Thank you for allowing me to vent, and dammit I want my bpf

22 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 22 Replies | Last Page

all for u

User Image 5/26/10

13 years ago

Day 21 - no af in sight.

Now I'm wondering if I didn't ovulate at all last month and that spotting was like, the lightest period in the world or something. *sigh*

I guess I should go to the dr either way, so that I know whether to be celebrating or trying again right now.

13 years ago • Post starter

amiamama -- Have you thought about going for a blood test? I was 4 days late this week and was driving myself crazy -- swore I had all the symptoms but every time I tested I got a BFN! I called my doctor and asked for a blood test and they sent me to the lab. It came back negative and the next morning AF arrived. A blood test might help ease your stress a little. I was disappointed for a day or so but am now looking forward to the next cycle!!
I wish you all the best!

13 years ago

I think you might be right there - I'll call first thing in the morning. 22dpo and not feeling any signs of af at all now.

Um...

Okay.

I did a test this afternoon (two weeks late now) and I got a paint positive. Is that positive or is that not 100%? I don't know, I'm freaking out right now, I have it sitting beside me and I keep checking it every thirty seconds. There's definitely a pink second line, but it is no where near as strong as the control line.

Is that a bpf?

I called my dr and I'm going in on Thursday afternoon to get a blood test and stuff....

I don't know whether to believe this is positive or not. Maybe I'm in shock. Now I have to wait for my husband to get home...

Hello Amiamama,

Waw, this is so great!!! If you get a clear line, even if it is a faint one, it's still great news!!! You are pregnant! Go do a blood test, or even take a test tomorow and the line will get darker. The reason why you get a faint line is because of the pregnany hormone that is not strong enough for the hpt to catch it and show a full positive!!! Wawww, congrats!!!

I am today 16 dpo and going as crazy as you were going...I still have symptoms, but I don't have hope anymore. I just want to know...and if this is not the month, so be it, but I just want to have an answer...
With my 1st pregnancy (I have an 18 months old son), the hpt came positive at about 12 DPO (with a veeeeery faint line). So I am thinking that it is not normal for me not to get a positive by now if I really were to be pregnant now... argghhhh.....

Keep us posted on your dr. results!!! But I am 99% sure that you are preggo!!! CONGRATS!!!!

User Image" rel="nofollow">User Image

13 years ago

Amiamama,
Plz give us news! I am so curious!!! I suppose you got your darker BFP, right? Keep us posted!
I'm 18 DPO today...grrr, i just hope AF comes so that I can move on to the next cycle...this is a looooong wait!
Keep us posted!!!

13 years ago

Yes I've done four hpts now, lol. All positive. Each one darker than the last. Did one this morning and its almost as bold as the control line :)

I've had the blood test, I'm going back tomorrow morning for the results! Its all very cool.

Oh, and as for symptoms: THIRSTY. My gosh. Can't drink enough. And if I don't drink anything for a while I get a sore throat. I also have to eat more often and I get dizzy and tired a lot.

But still no morning sickness. Hopefully that stays away as long as possible :)

Hi Amiamama,

Ohhh, so nice! Congratulations! I am really happy for you!!! I can't belive how long it took to get a positive hpt. So you were how many does dpo??? Was it 29 dpo? So it could happen I guess.
I am now 18 dpo and still bfn...ran to the bathroom a couple of times today thinking that af was here, but no...weirdly enough, no.

Now we'll see if I can be as lucky as you were!!! With my 1st pregnancy I tested at 12-13 dpo and it came out very faint positive...now i'm 18 dpo and nothing at all...

I still feel like I have symptoms, but I'm afraid to think about it all the time, because I'll feel so stupid when af will show her face...

Anyway, & !!!!
and enjoy your pregnancy. Is this your first baby?

13 years ago

Yes, it wasn't until 29dpo that I got my first positive!

I guess I'm just one of those ladies that it takes a long time for the hcg to build up enough :)

For the whole week after the day my period was due I wore a pad and kept thinking af had started, but each time it was nothing, so I guess af like cramps aren't always a sign of af! You might still have a shot HappytoTTC!

In the last two cycles I was convinced I was pregnant and it was always so disheartening to have af arrive, and this time I was sure I wasn't, and that something weird had happened, like I hadn't ovulated or something. The mind games of TTC! Its like the baby is playing tricks on you :)

I'll let you know what the dr says tomorrow, and I might finally get to post in the success stories section!

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo