Community post

Discussion

Fall 2013 Mommies to Be!

View Full Post

Hello all.

Since there were a lot of Sept 2013 BFPs and we all think the Countdown to Baby site is sort of lame I thought I'd create a place where we could all talk about our pregnancies.

I made it Fall 2013 with the hopes that a lot of the ladies from October board (and beyond) will be able to join us here.

AFM today I'm exactly 5 weeks pregnant. I have my first exam scheduled for Jan 28th and we plan to tell my family the weekend after. It's been torture keeping this to myself so I hope we can all discuss symptoms, concerns, and joys together.

I still haven't had a lot of symptoms. Heartburn one day, my nipples are tingly and sore and DH swears my boobs are bigger already. I haven't felt any nausea yet or felt much fatigue. Although I do have trouble staying asleep, sometimes I wake up 3 or 4 times a night. Oh and this morning I had to get up early because I had to pee so bad. I think it's starting!

User Image

57 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

51 - 57 of 57 Replies

@worththewait - Hi there!Congratulations!!

@Lizzhaa - Hey lady!! Thank you so much for your well-wishes and sticky vibes! Same to you my dear! I can't wait to hear about your u/s!!

I craved fruit a lot in first tri with my first - mostly pears and pineapples at first. I hear that can be a sign of a boy and he was indeed a little boy!

Oh hey ladies, I also wanted to let you know that I have a thread going over at the countdownmypregancy site too. It's probably more fun over here, but if you're interested in staying in touch over there too (where you can post u/s pics and stuff like that) here it is: http://www.countdownmypregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=5719

xoxo

DS born 01/2011. Preg loss 10/2012. TTC over 35. User Image

11 years ago

Thanks for the cloth diaper info :) I'll definitely look into that brand!

User Image

11 years ago

Kcordell - Thanks for the info. Yes not hearing the heartbeat would worry me even more!! Just a little impatient I guess and wanting to know everything is ok, which I'm sure is normal in every pregnancy.

Grantsmama - Thank you and congratulations to you. I've seen you on other forums so it's nice to hear that you've finally got your BFP!! I went to the doctors a few days after I missed AF and my DR just took my blood pressure and decided not to confirm pregnancy as I had positive HPT. Is this normal?? He told me to book in with the midwife which my appointment is a week today I am in the UK so might be a little different to the US. As I have given the doctor dates it's too late to say I'm not sure how far along I am. Wish I had thought of that sooner.

Congratulations to all those that have joined with their exciting news!!

User Image

11 years ago

Hey Grantsmomma,
So glad to see you over here with your BFP! You helped me so much through my ttc and I just so happy for you and praying that all goes well with this one. I
I went to my first apt on the 19th, Everything is really good baby looks good was actually measuring a few days ahead of what we thought. So my new due date is Sept 14th not the 18th. Hope all is well with everyone.

I had to battle nausea and sickness with this one also. My dr gave me a rx for zofran to help, you might check into seeing if your doc will give you something :)

TTC#2 to make 3, have 1 biological son, and 1 stepdaughter that is 7 but I have raised since she was 7 months. User Image

11 years ago

I'm immune to Zofran and I have tried b6 before but I guess I can try it again. I actually lost weight with my 3 prior pregnancies cause I tossed my cookies throughout. I am feeling good today, so, I am having a big bowl of mac n cheese. I try to eat on good days and try to nibble on bad days.. See how that goes.

Saw the OB today. Confirmed pregnancy, took labs, did urine, wrote my prescriptions, did an exam. Told me to come back in two weeks for an U/s and if pregnancy is viable she will refer me to high risk OB

12/08 + 1/10 + 07/11, Had to do a lot of for baby #4. Yuck!!!! User Image

11 years ago

@smp - Hey mama!! Thank you so much for your kind words and support. It was my pleasure to help. I love trying to figure out how to make this all work.

I'm so glad everything looked good at your appt! What a relief. I'm so glad we can be on this journey together!

@Coral - Thank you!!! Yep I've been on the forums for a while - I think since the May thread. And lol I talk a lot!

Hmm I can't say if that's normal for UK. But usually here it's weight and BP and then a pee confirmation. And, depending on the Dr, if you're past 7wks they may do a trans-vag u/s to confirm viability/look for heartbeat and measure structures to confirm fetal age. I have heard from other ladies on here from UK that they tend to have their first appt a little later and sometimes the first u/s isn't until 10-12 wks.

@3lil - I just noticed your signature. LOL Yuck!!!!

DS born 01/2011. Preg loss 10/2012. TTC over 35. User Image

11 years ago

Grants: yep yuck... after trying for 8 months I was definitely at the yuck stage.. I was ready to smack him with an ugly stick or something....

12/08 + 1/10 + 07/11, Had to do a lot of for baby #4. Yuck!!!! User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo